Well..what can I say about music? I like so many different kinds of music, its hard to say which is
my favorite. My favorite genre is emo, followed closedly by alternative and j-pop. Emo is my life!! heehee.. I don't know
what I'd do without emo..probably go crazy *grin* but to give you an idea of the kind of music I like.. heres whats on my playlist^_^
- "Goddess of Love" by The Space Twins--The Space Twins are a Weezer side band..and I love them. This is my
favorite song by the Space Twins..its really mellow, I think. The Space Twins have this sound that I, honestly, haven't really
heard before. It sounds like something you'd hear in one of those coffee shops where all the beetnicks (sp?) hang out..But its
this great song.. it builds up to this great climatic ending..its like heaven in my computer *grin* Now if only I could find the
- "Buddy Holly" by Weezer--Oh come on! You knew they'd be here!! This is a classic Weezer song..its so catchy, and
how can you not help but hum along? I think this is the first Weezer song I ever memorized, and I take great pride in that *grin*
but Weezer..whats there not to love about Weezer? I know their new CD hasn't lived up to everyones expectations (I know I was a
little disappointed^_^;;) but I haven't heard anyone say they hate it *grin* Weezer just has this great sound, some of their songs
(like "Say It Ain't So") just send a shiver down my spine everytime I hear it...its great
- "Jamie" by Weezer--Once again, Weezer^_^ I like this song just because its so.. I don't know, raw. Just the sound
of it..how the guitars don't all blend perfectly into one sound..And just the lyrics^_^ "When I was down, came to me, and promised
you always be, by my side" I mean.. come on? What more could you ask^_^ *grin* Its just such a great song.. I don't know. A lot
of people don't like this song..but I do^_^
- "In the Garage" by Weezer--And look..Weezer *grin* Once again..its just got this sort of raw sound. And on top
of that..the lyrics^_^ It just like..hits so close to home, you know? I don't have a garage, and I don't write songs..but I don't
know..its just such a good song. Its like..everyone has that one place they can be, where they can just be themselves, and not have
a care in the world.
- "My Name is Jonus" by Weezer--Oh don't look suprised. I think its the opening of this song that has me hooked. Its
just such a great opening.. and a great song..and I don't know^_^ Theres not much more you can say about Weezer *grin* but moving on!
- "The Glory of Love" covered by New Found Glory--Yes, I know this is a cover, don't give me that look. But you have to admit
they do a really good job on this...I've heard the original, and I definately like the cover a whole lot better. They way they do it,
they have this one chorus that they do and its just the entire band singing, no instruments or anything.. its another one of those
spine chillers *grin* Plus the lyrics..they're just so romantic *grin* yeah..that sounds really weird coming from me..but they're not
gushy romantic or anything..they're GREAT.
- ? by The Get Up Kids--Umm.. I don't know the name of this song..when I find it out, I'll tell you about it *grin*
- "Credits" by Third Try--Third Try is this band that like.. no ones heard of *grin* They're from Temecula, California.
And they're really good^_^ They've got this really nifty sound.. me likes! This song is so good.. it starts out "All I ever wanted
was a story book ending, to my ordinary life. Maybe I'll call my ex-girlfriend for the millionth time, and ask that bitch to be my wife."
And then the chorus goes" 'Cause when the credits cross the screen, I find myself alone, and forced to watch the final scene. I
found you in his arms and then I lost my mind tonight." Its just a really good song^_^ The singer has a bit of a lisp, but thats okay.
It sounds good^_^ Their CD is really good..you should buy it *grin* www.thirdtry.com I think they have a new one out, I will
have to buy it, ne?
- "Sad Eyes" by Third Try--Another great song by Third Try..what I love about this song so much is the lyrics...the
end of the song goes
"but if it has to be this way
and just the rest of the song is so damn good.. I really advise you download this one, you can get it off their page. This is the
first song on my Shower Tunes tape, which hasta be rerecorded soon, its starting to fall apart *nervous laughter* come on! I shower
every day, you hafta expect it to happen......
at least i know
that i'm the only one who
gets to see you cry
and if i can't be in your arms
then i'll be next to
yeah i'll be next to you
- "Desperately Wanting" by Better Than Ezra--I love Better Than Ezra, and this song is definately one of their
best..all their songs are really deep (and some a little scary i.e. most of How Does Your Garden Grow) but this song is just
soooo good. I remember all that long ago, when it first came out.. I was obsessed with it. You just hafta hear it from yourselves,
its I dunno.. hard to describe how much I love this song *grin* DOWNLOAD IT. heehee ^_^. The singer has such a nice voice,
Not too deep or anything, but not that annoyingly high voice that some guys have..and its not like Rivers, who is like..everywhere *grin*
plus just the way the song goes..the instruments and everything, and the way they seem to use the music to emphasize some of the lyrics
..just an overall great song^_^ Another great BTE song is "At the Stars" but um.. don't buy the CD, get the single *grin* I've had
the CD for a few years now..and it still scares me *grin*
- "One Song Glory" from the Rent Soundtrack--This is another spine chiller..The lyrics are just so, I don't know..
effective. They're really blunt and out there, in a way..but man.. I'm getting chills just sitting here listening to it. Not to mention
I LOVE Adam Pascals voice..his got this sort of rough voice that is so wonderful (insert Caitlyn swooning here, lol.) and I had
the wonderful chance to see him in AIDA..but his voice and this song..its just wonderful. I admit it, I have yet to see Rent..
but I know the plot, and most of the score, by heart *grin* its really short, but really good
- "Video Killed the Radio Star" covered by Presidents of the United States of America--Yes, another cover. I have
the original on my playlist, too..but I like PUSAs soo much better. The singers voice and everything..and its funny listening
to the guys trying to sing the girls part *grin* But I think I like this song more, I guess you could say, "rocked out" than the
original is (The original is by The Buggles, by the way). That, and I just like the way their voices blend in the chorus. Its
just got this sweet sound.. it doesn't irritate me the way the original tends to do.
- "Bloody Sunday" by U2--How could I not have U2 on my playlist? I love U2 so much..they just have this sound that
is all their own. And Bloody Sunday is definately my favorite U2 song. I'm pretty sure (99% sure) that this song is about a real
event.. I can't remember which, at the moment though. Its kind of like The Living End..they do a lot of songs like that, about actual
events in history. This is such a song though..if you listen to the lyrics, they're so inspiring though. Its sort of like.. We
can get over all of this, together. Its just so good.this is another you must download *grin* I can't help it.. I love U2. I
wanted to see them in concert so bad..but the tickets sold out so fast.. I was so close! *sob*
- "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel--Billy Joel was my first true love *grin* No..I just love his voice so much.
This was my first Billy Joel song..I just love his piano skills, they're so damn good. Its such an upbeat song, its another one
of those songs that you can't get out of your head, and that you can't help but sing along to. I think I've worn a hole in my record,
listening to this song (and another really good song.. Vienna Waits For You..or something like that.) This is such a good song, though..
and sort of funny, now, when you listen to the lyrics..'cause he's talking to a nice little religious girl..and he's like.. come on,
be bad! "You didn't count on me, when you were counting on your rosary.....I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints,
the sinners have much more fun."
- "Truth" by Yuuki Hiro--You were waiting for it, ne? The only J-Pop I have on this playlist (the rest is all
Megumi Ogata, though)..this song is so much fun. Its all rave-like in the beginning..well, through most of this song. Every few
measures a new sound gets added.. It builts up to make this great sound..then Yuuki Hiro's voice starts in..he's got this really high
voice, it sounds feminine..but its really pretty. The verses are in Japanese (I've the translation somewhere, I'll find it sometime
and post it) but then the beginning of the chorus is English, with the last few lines in Japanese..and its such a catchy song. If
your curious (because I know you are, lol), Yuuki Hiro is the seiyuu for Omi, from Weiß Kreuz. This song is so upbeat, though,
as soon as you hear it you start tapping along with it.. I love it! *grin* and the end is so much fun..maybe one day I'll put
it up here so ya'll can download it *grin*, 'cause I know you want to, lol..lyrics!
"I can't make lying faces
Walking along with rain striking my cheeks
My voice wouldn't sound except for the white puff of a sigh
To say 'Goodbye, sorry to have hurt you.'"
- "Velvet Underground" by Weiß Kreuz--Hehe, you knew it was coming. Velvet Underground is the opening to the Weiß Kreuz television series. It starts off reall quiet and slow, and then it builds up to this great opening, and all the guys are singing. Their voices sound so good together, and its really catchy. The lyrics are SOO good.. I'm in love with the chorus
"Only to embrace those we love
*sniff* its such a pretty song!! And in the middle of it, theres this great bridge with a guitar solo *sigh* I wish I were listening to it now!! WAA!!!
And protect that small and precious
Today again, someone shouts that out
Sacrificing even their life
To smoulder in the midst of time
With that instant's kiss"
- "Beautiful Alone" by Weiß Kreuz--Ah..yet another great song. I don't like it as much as Velvet Underworld, but its still a pretty song. Its the closing to the anime series (to the first season, same for VU. The opening for season 2 I plan to download eventually.. its sooo good).
"If even forever can end
Then futility surrounds us, gently
If only I could have the wings
Of the swallow disappearing in the sky"
- "Game Over" by Ozma--back to my emo roots..lol! the version I have is acoustic, and its beau-ti-ful. The song is sort of like..recounting a relationship, completely using videogame symbolism *grin* like the title, "Game Over", is like saying..our relationship is over. One of the lines "I bet you don't know where to find, our extra life times ninety-nine." is sorta saying.. I bet you don't know how to keep our relationship going. very good song.. I saw them when they opened for Weezer..very good^_^ heehee
- "Drive" by Incubus--I betcha you're thinking.. Liz..Incubus? Its a typo, right? naaw..I really like this song (and yes, I know its on the radion all the time *grin*) The singer has a really nice voice (sorry..don't hurt me, I don't know his name. I never claimed to be a huge fan.) And the lyrics are really great..I've never gone somewhere and read them, but they're just great..and I'd just like to say.. DRUNK DRIVING IS EVIL.
- "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel--Is this not the coolest song ever?? I love acoustic guitars..they just sound so nice. And this song is so catchy, and you hafta admit the guitar lines just kick major bootie, ne? lol..This song is always stuck in my head, and its one of those songs that are so fun to sing at the top of your lungs..and people give you funny looks..heehee ^_^
- "Piece of Heaven" by Weiß Kreuz--*drool* sooo good, minna, soo good. This is the opening to the second season of my favorite anime series..once again, its all the guys singing (damn, they all sound so good...) and the lyrics are ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS...
"The peaceful days scored by treacherous tears
Flutters away like so many petals
That melancholy refrain of destiny
Leads the lonely sinners astray"
"So that love will never change again
I'll embrace you without a word
To that far, faraway mirage of Heaven
We struggle against the final wind
No, no, no, Don't Cry"