Gifts and Rites at Chargen
Buying gifts above and beyond
the free three at chargen is perfectly allowable as long as your PC
is of the proper rank to get said gift. Any of the gifts found in Laws
of the Wild is permissible, as long as it is within your tribe, breed,
and auspice. All gifts from source books require ST permission before
being added onto a persons sheet. The same is true of rites...if it
is not in the main book, then it requires ST approval before being added
to ones sheet.
The following merits and flaws
will not be permitted in Philadelphia Garou at this time. A R after
a name means that it is restricted and thus will require ST permission
for one to have it, a B after a name means that it is banned in Philadelphia
Garou and will not be permitted under any circumstance.
Metamorph (R), Wolf Years (R),
Luck (R), True Love (R), Supernatural Companion (B), Resistant to Wyrm
Emanations (B), Silver Tolerance (B), Taint of Corruption (R), True
Cub: No benefits
Cliath: You may choose to do Lethal damage with fists instead of bashing
Fostern: You gain a retest on strength related feats
Adren: You gain the bomb for tests of strength
Athro: You may enact a simple test to test down aggravated damage taken.
Elder: You win all ties of strength, unless the challenge involves another Garou of this rank or higher.
Page 56, The Silver Fang Social
retest is the final retest for the Silver Fang; their opponent may use
any remaining retest they have. This retest may come after a Persuasion
· Archery and Firearms: At the beginning of a combat, select whether you are using mentals or physicals. You may not switch off during any single combat.
· Page 80, Awareness may not be used in place of Sense Wyrm (in lieu of the Gift), though it may be used for a retest on the Gift.
· Rituals determines what level of Rites you are capable of learning/performing. You need a Rituals skill of 3 to perform intermediate rites and 5 to perform advance. Any ritual not on your sheet at chargen must be learned in character. (This does not mean that a cub with Rituals x5 can get advanced rites...rank still applies to what a PC is able to learn and perform)
To allow for the Glass Walker Tribal advantage to be worth anything,
the following are now the XP costs for gaining Influences: 1 point for
Glasswalkers, 2 points for other Homids, 4 points for Lupus and roleplay.
Metis costs are determined on a case by case basis, but will be 2-4
· Intermediate and Basic gifts do a maximum of five health levels of damage on their own. Gifts can still stack where applicable, and other modifiers may also increase this total.
· Page 118, Master of Fire does not change the effects of Bale Fire.
· Page 118, Persuasion works under the mechanic as given in the book. In addition, the user may use it for a Social retest, which is the last retest for the user in a given challenge. If the opponent has other retest available, he may use them after this one.
· Page 121, Awareness may be used as a retest for Sense Wyrm.
· Page 122, Heightened Sense does not require the expenditure of a Gnosis trait.
· Page 123, Name the Spirit does not require the expenditure of a Willpower trait.
132, Spirit of the Fray will automatically provide the 10 traits that
are only used for determining initiative in combat. If the Garou expends
a Gnosis, then the Garou does not receive additional traits for initiative
but is allowed a preemptive action. This Preempt is in lieu of spending
Gnosis for 10 extra Bonus Traits above and beyond the Ten you get for
free. You cannot spend Gnosis for the extra 10 Bonus Traits, you just
get the 10 Base Bonus Traits and the Preempt. (See Initiative)
· Rites is the background that determines how many rituals you begin with at chargen. You need a Rituals skill of 3 to perform intermediate rites and 5 to perform advance. Any ritual not on your sheet at chargen must be learned in character. Any rite that is learned after chargen is free as long as one has a teacher for it IC. This does not mean that it should be easy to learn rites...please remember that wheeling and dealing rites unrestrictedly could very easily lead to some unpleasant consequences for your PC...^_^
· Greet the Moon: Must have a rite card. Pick a phase.
of the Fetish: Creation of a Fetish requires the expressed permission
of a Storyteller.
· You must expend your personal traits before you can use your Form Traits.
· When changing forms the only traits used are your current personal traits.
· Mulitple retests of the same type are not allowed in any single Challenge, e.g. Ability retests, Might, Persuasion, etc. If someone retests, your options are to cancel with an appropriate counteraction, e.g. opposing Ability, Might vs. Might, Persuasion vs. Persuasion, etc., or allow the retest to continue. Once that retest is made, however, you may not use a retest of the same type. E.g. if someone uses a Brawl retest, you may cancel with Dodge, but you may not allow the retest and then retest with Dodge if the attacker wins the retest. This rule is intended to keep combat from drawing itself out even longer than it already does. In individual challenges between two PCs, you may choose to ignore this house rule so long as both parties agree.
· Creation of a Fetish requires the expressed permission of a Storyteller.
· It must be indicated which items are dedicated to you before crossing into the Umbra. Any items not dedicated will remain behind at crossing. You may only have as many items dedicated to you as you have gnosis. Set of clothing counts as one item (pants/shirt). These should be marked on a card or sheet.
· Overbidding is not necessarily the final retest in a challenge; any other retest may come after an overbid if other retests are available.
· Garou may not peek into the Umbra without Gift or Merit unless the Garou is Uktena.
Rage and Frenzy
Rage can only be used for physical actions. It can be regained in the following manner:
Seeing the moon (p 109)
Storyteller Award (pain/frustration)
Player may request a rage test. If granted, the player must make two checks versus their wper. The first is to regain rage, the second is to avoid frenzy.
When in Frenzy, the following rules apply:
All rage tests are automatically successful.
At the beginning of a new
round, you regain one spent rage. Rage stolen by gifts and other means
cannot be regained in this manner.
Initiative is determined by traits. Actions, no matter what type, will be done in order from highest to lowest totals using applicable traits. Traits used specifically for tests (ie Pure Breed, rituals, Persuasion) do not count in this total for initiative order. Spirit of the Fray adds to this total regardless of type of action.
Archery and Firearms: At the beginning of a combat, select whether you are using mentals or physicals. You may not switch off during any single combat.
Appropriate abilities may be
used to cancel retests, such as Dodge for Brawl. Might can only be cancelled
with might, Persuasion for Persuasion, Etc.
After Character Gen. Exp.
Players will gain 2 exp. per game attended.
Players will be able to gain a RP point awarded by a ST at end of game.
Players will be able to gain RP point if nominated by two other players to gain a point.
Players will be able to earn
up to 3 exp. per month based on end of game reports and/or downtime
scenes run and submitted to the storytellers. (ST discretion...not all
actions/scenes will gain exp.)
Players wishing to purchase
merits after character generation will need to provide the ST team with
a written reason for the purchase. The reason will then be reviewed
by the ST team.
You must have the represented
backgrounds on your sheet to claim kinfolk. In addition, those wishing
to play Kinfolk need to be aware we will not run Oops, Im really a
Garou stories. Those people who wish to play kinfolk first changers
will need to do so within the first three games of the PC.
As per OwbN Bylaws, a max of
30 may be applied. The Philadelphia Garou ST team does NOT allow banking
of XP from one character to another. XP will only be transferred in
the case of an in game death. Suicide runs will not be accepted for
Rare and Unusual
In order to even think about
playing a rare character, you must be an active player in our game for
six months. Once that is the case, a player petitioning for an R&U
character must submit a sheet and background to the ST team, who will
review it, and decide whether they will support it to council or not.
Please note - we will NOT support the following: Rokea, Gurahl, Abominations,
Hengeyoki, Nagah, Bastet, Mokele inappropriate to the region.
XP cards MUST be turned in
to your folder in order to receive the XP.
All Cliaths will automatically
by given Garou Lore 1. This counts as a free ability.
These are by the book. That
means, you need the rituals score to learn them, and the learning times
are 3 days (minor), 1 week (basic), 3 weeks (intermediate) and 5 weeks
Gifts: 1 week (Basic), 2 week
(Intermediate), 4 week (Advanced)
Attributes: 1 per week per category (IE, 6 total every two weeks..2 of each)
Abilities: to get the first
2 dots, one needs background support or a IC teacher for said ability.
To gain a third trait it takes the previous and a 2 week learn time.
To gain the 4th and/or 5th level it takes background support/IC teacher
and a 4 week learn time. (The learn time may be cut at ST discretion)
The scores give you the following
number of languages:
One dot = 1
Two dots = 2
Three dots = 4
Four dots = 8
Five dots = 16