News (March 23, 2001)
Since people are starting to play their games, I thought I would send out
the instructions to be used for submitting stats this year.
1. Remember, this year we are tracking stats via GAME files, not
subsets. Be sure the little box on the game setup window (where you
choose your starting pitchers, lineups etc.) is checked. After you
play the game, these files will be created in the EXPORT directory.
The files will look something like "2001ns##.v##" or "2001ns##.h##"
where the # are numbers indicating the team you played and what game
vs that team (I think).
2. Be sure also to save boxscores and possibly scoresheet or the game
summary to send to your opponent. This will also give you a backup if
something happens to your game files you can recreate them manually
(with much pain and agony, by the way).
3. You may EITHER submit stats as you complete each series, or you
may submit them at the end of the Month all together, whichever is
easier for you. DO NOT do both, i.e., don't send me multiple copies
of the same game files unless I specifically ask you to.
4. Keep a backup copy of EVERYTHING until the season is over and
final stats are published.
5. Please SUBMIT stats to firstname.lastname@example.org (Larry, you already sent
some to my other address, you do not need to resend).
6. When you submit files, please copy them all into a single
directory with a useful name (e.g., "PPP Month 1" or "M1 TCPatPPP",
etc.), then Zip the directory and attach it to your email. Don't
attach multiple Zip files to a single email -- I'm still using AOL
V4.0 and it has real problems with that.
That's all I can think of for now. If anybody has any questions or
can think of anything else, please speak up.