9/2/2001- Michael Jordan announces his arrival back in the NBA G.O.A.T (greatest of all time) is back to take on all comers.
NAME: SOGAL K.G
POSITION: Point & Shooting Guard
LOCATION: NYC & L.A
LITTLE ABOUT THE LEAGUES AND TEAMS I PLAY FOR:
1) ST. SEBASTIAN LEAGUE IS A PRIVATE LEAGUE FOR CATHOLIC SPONSORED SCHOOLS. COMPETITION IS VERY GOOD, SOME OF THE BEST YOUNG KIDS IN NEW YORK CITY PLAY IN CATHOLIC LEAGUE. EXAMPLES ARE LAMAR ODOM OF THE L.A CLIPPERS, KENNY ANDERSON OF BOSTON CELTICS AND MANY MORE.
2) WOODSIDE TOURNAMENT IS A YEARLY TOURNAMENT FOR BALLERS FROM AROUND QUEENS. ITS A GOOD TOURNAMENT WITH SOME REALLY GOOD PLAYERS, MOSTLY STREET BALLERS, FEW COLLEGE & INDOOR PLAYERS
3) BARUCH COLLEGE INTRAMURAL TEAM-BEST ASIAN COLLEGE TEAM. WE WENT LOST IN THE SEMI-FINALS TO THE BEST TEAM IN SCHOOL, THE TEAM AVG. HEIGHT WAS 6'3 AND HAD 5 PLAYERS FROM THE NCAA TEAM, WE SHOULD HAVE WON. BUT DIDN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE WELL.COMPETION IS VERY FIERCE, WITH LOTS OF TRASH TALK AND EVEN FIGHTS SOMETIMES. ALL GOOD PLAYERS, NONE SUPER GREAT BUT ALL VERY GOOD. MOST PLAYERS PLAY FOR ORGANIZED TEAMS IN THIS TOURNAMENT.
4) NY FUTUREZ IS A TIBETAN BASKETBALL TEAM THAT HAS WON THREE STRAIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS.
5) BASKETBALL CITY LEAGUE- IS ARGUABLE THE BEST INDOOR LEAGUE IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK, ONLY THE FAMOUS RUCKER PARK HAS BETTER REPUTATION. COMPETITION IS FIERCE AND LOTS OF VERY GOOD PLAYERS, SOME ARE FAMOUS AND SOME WERE STARS IN THEIR COLLEGE OR LEAGUE TEAMS. THIS IS THE PROVING ROUNDS!! SOME PLAYERS THAT YOU MAY KNOW OF ARE HEADACHE, FUTURE, I BE RIGHT BACK OF THE AND 1 MIX TAPES. THE PROS COME TO PLAY SOMETIMES, DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE COURTS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. IF YOU ARE AROUND NYC, DRIVE BY THE BUILDING ITS GREAT, 23ST. AND WEST SIDE HWY.
TO END I WROTE A LITTLE VERSE DEDICATED TO THE RETURN OF MICHAEL JORDAN, THIS IS ABOUT MY LIFE IN BASKETBALL:
"Back in 88 I was little man running..no place to go and no place coming. Picked up the ball at the age of 8, hated it, dropped 10 points a game without street knowledge. Left the game alone for a hot minute, "play ball" teacher said at the age of 10. Did my first moves, got hooked like CRACK.
From 12-18 was ballin till I was fallen, hit the books mom said, Yeah, after a game of one-on-one. Days were numbered, school and ball-THAT'S IT girls? no time, money? no need Building Street Creed one game at a time. Now the days are slower, the game is passin. love to hoop but the taste is washing. At the age of 22, I got knowledge, lost a step, but gained twice the moves. Hard to beat one-on-one duel. But don't take it seriously NO MORE, thus, back to earth.
Not claiming to be the BEST, but damn was I close, when I was younger, could hit any court with clout.
For those of you who are good, you know the feeling, the rush you get knowing. game close? no prob, down by 8?no prob, cause to take over and dominate was just built in. Now, that's the only thing that I be missing, the game, I just lay back, knowing that I can take over in a matter of fact. So why do I play to this day? well its the rush of taking over the court, the crowd and opponent. For those who play for fun, and do not know what the feeling is to take over a game, well I say, you missing on the drug of the DAY!"