To Collin: This game was created by me (Daniel) and John when I was in the seventh grade. I told you I could prove it.
We are making a Java game called Anirak. It will be an 80's shoot-em-up game similar to Galaga or Galaxian.
We will use this web page to document our work.
Sept. 29, 2001
- Refined blue lighting power-up. Active with 'L' or 'K'.
Sept. 28, 2001
- Your ship able to fire blue lighting with the 'L' key.
Sept. 27, 2001
- Added explosions.
- Made the enemies progressively harder to kill.
Sept. 26, 2001
Sept. 18, 2001
Sept. 10, 2001
- Added a boss at the end of each level.
Sept. 9, 2001
- Started a new Java Game Tutorial on this website. We'll go carefully day by day and code a Pacman-type game. You can use this tutorial to learn how to write your own Java games.
Sept. 7, 2001
- Crashing into enemy ships will destroy your ship.
- Changed enemy ships to new design and changed the formation.
- Enemy shots become more accurate over with each level.
- Game can be paused by pressing 'P'.
- Two Player Version added just for fun.
Sept. 6, 2001
Anirak is now a REAL GAME! It still needs work, but it has progressed from the "demo" stage to playable in only 4 days of work in the evenings.
- There is a title screen with basic instructions.
- The game keeps track of your score, level, sheilds, and lives.
- You are hurt when you are hit.
- You lose your upgrades when you die.
Sept. 5, 2001
- Changed ship design.
- You can now go up and down with the ship.
- You get an upgraded ship when you pass the level.
- You must now hit the ships more than once to kill them.
- The ships fire back at you. They can hit you but it doesn't hurt yet.
- There is a yellow circle that appears to indicate that you've hit a ship or that you've been hit.
Sept. 4, 2001
- Put up first version of applet. For now you can move and shoot.
- Added background stars.
- Added Glob Fighter. You can shoot it and it goes back to the start.
- Ok, now there are four different fighters, they are animated, and they fly in formation. When you shoot all of them another wave comes.
- We are discussing making the fighters smallers so they have more room to move.
- Project started. Ugly (for now) web page goes up.
- Named game "Anirak".
- Started designing ships.
- This is your ship.
- This is the Rainbow Fighter. They are worth 600 points each and there will be about 7 per level.
- This is the Glob Fighter. They are worth 500 points each and there will be 6 to 10 per level.
- This is the Bonus Fighter. They are worth 10,000 points each and there will be 3 per level. They will be EXTREMELY hard to kill.
- This is the Twin Boss. If you survive without being killed before the time runs out, you get a 20,000 point bonus. If you kill him before the time runs out, you get a 100,000 point bonus.
For now please contact us at email@example.com
Here is a link to a friend's scrapbooking site: