BEING A REFEREE MEANS THAT YOU HAVE ALMOST COMPLETE AUTHORITY OF HOW THE
GAME IS PLAYED. YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE OF THE COACHES, THE CLOCK, THE CLICKER,
THE RULES, THE STATS, AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS NOT BEEN MENTIONED.
ALTHOUGH A REFEREE HAS GREAT AUTHORITY, THAT AUTHORITY SHALL NOT BE ABUSED.
REFEREES SHOULD CALL EVERY GAME FAIRLY AND UNBIASED. PERSONAL FEELINGS OR
TEAM GOALS SHOULD NEVER INTERFER!
- Visiting team calls at the coin toss
- TD – 6 pts.
- Extra point (5yrd line)
- For 2 (15yrd line)
- Safeties – 2pts.
- Field goals- 3pts.
- Each team can field 11 players or less (no more)!
- KR receive the ball at the 2 yard line
- Return team must have five men at the 40yrd line
- KR can not down the football; he must continue till he is tackled or out of bounds
- Safties is a turnover and is kicked from the 20 w/ the return team in a standard kick return
- Ball carrier is tackled once touched by an opposing team – either at the bases or the arms
- The line of scrimmage is at the middle of the base
- QB cannot down the football, he has to take the sack if he cannot give or pass the ball to anyone of his receivers he must continue until he is tackled or goes out of bounds
- REC, RB, TE and including defenders can down the ball
- If a player falls he is not removed. If he is the ball carrier he is down (including QB & KR)
- Offense must line up a minimum of 7 players on the line of scrimmage
- 5 players are eligible for receiving the ball
- Once offence is set he must say he is “ready” and cannot change his play while Defense is setting
- If offense wishes to call “time out” after defense sets, he can
- Each team has 3 time outs each half
- One QB must be on the field
- Hand offs - all REC, RB & TE can receive a hand off as long as they are behind the line of scrimmage or R.E.F.L’s official lengths football beyond the line of scrimmage, if there is a defender in the way it cannot be handed off
- When reaching the football you cannot obstruct other players
- Anything beyond the length must be passed to the receiver
- All receivers when knocked out of bounds can receive the ball if they come back in bounds but they can only receive a pass beyond the line of scrimmage or thrown from behind the QB
- Passing – All passes are thrown by team owner(s)
- The passers fingertip must not pass the line of scrimmage when throwing the ball
- The ball must hit the receivers in order to be a completed pass (does not have to stick)
- The ball can hit anywhere from the base to the top of the head of the receiver
- After 5yds from the line of scrimmage a receiver is eligible to receive the ball even if they are being touched… if it is caught he is down there
- There are interceptions
- Interceptions are when the ball hits the defender instead of the receiver
- An interception can also occur if the ball deflects off the receiver & hits a defender before it hits ground
- Punts start automatically from the opposing teams 20 yard line
- Defense must have 3 down lineman figurines at all times
- Defense dose not have to start setting until offense is ready
- All yardage, receptions, carries, pass attempts, pass completions, touchdowns, interceptions and tackles are counted
- Receivers have no rushing carries; they are counted as receptions
- Receiver receptions are completions for QB stats
- Halfbacks have no reception yardage unless ball is thrown to them
- All stats must be done by the opposing team in their honor “you will sign the honor code” X________
- You need $50 and a Team to join the league
- The league is providing each owner with a team. For a fee of $30.
- The league will buy back the team for what it cost (NO PROFIT) for each individual owner.
Games are 2 hours
Halftime at 1 hour
Halftime: Possession change
Halftime: Change sides
Clock only stops inside 10 min. of each half at every:
-Change of possession
-Extra points (clock restarts at the kick off)
-Actual Passing play
-Penalties (restart at snap)
-Time Outs (each team w/ 3 per half)
-Spiking the ball (only w/ in 3 min. of ea. half) team has to set the “O” then call spike!
“D” dose not have to set, no fakes!
Each side has 2 min. to set up
8pt. or less diff. in the last 10min. of the game each has 1 min. to setup
When setup time is up, that team plays as they lie or takes a 5 yard penalty
When the play is over the “D” must remove his players immediately! Be fare!
In the event of overtime, each team will be allowed 3 plays from the opponents 20
and see how many time they can score from there, if there is still a tie then they run
2 plays each if still tied then 1 each. NO STATS ARE COUNTED in O/T except 1 point per TD.
You can still use the 28pt. game if both teams are willing
If both teams cant agree, the right goes to the home team
Top 2 seeds for playoff births goes as follows
-Head to Head
-Outer division record
-Play a wild card game
If you're in a game and you need a ruling, call the Owner “Celo” or President “Tim”