- I'm a pigeon fancier with a longstanding interest in pigeon genetics. Until their deaths, Dr. Willard Hollander, Wendell Levi, and others shared their expertise and knowledge with me. They were not only considerate to a boy and then a young man, but they were always available to answer everything. I've endeavored to pass on a tiny bit of their great kindness by creating this site and answering questions many new fanciers around the world have. I'll always be grateful to both of them. I especially find that I miss Doc's acerbic wit and sharp intelligence more than I thought possible. He wasn't at all shy about letting you know that you weren't thinking critically when you weren't. Without a thought for anything except the good of science and the hobby, he answered countless questions from me and hundreds of others from around the globe. I corresponded with him for almost 40 years until his recent death. Doc Hollander almost single handedly created the modern pigeon genetics hobby and there is not one of us who discusses pigeon genetics who doesn't owe him a massive debt of gratitude.
- I've judged pigeons internationally and I've bred various show pigeons and racing birds both.
- I've held major offices in clubs, including the Los Angeles Pigeon Club, the now disbanded American Pigeon Club, and various racing pigeon groups.
- I hold a degree in biology but for some years now have been licensed and working as a financial professional.
- I've published a young adult novel, All American Boys, which was banned in Missouri school districts. They claimed they don't have gay kids in the high school system in that state. (Yeah, right!) I've also published short stories in various publications.
- About a decade back, I produced and aired in a Los Angeles based radio show, The Lounge, which had a cult following and included such guests as Jerry O'Connell, Ellis Hall, and others a lot less well known.
- A few of my other interests include Kung Fu San Soo, (Tsoi Li Fut Ho Hung), a fighting art, not a sport, originally brought to the U.S. by Jimmy H. Woo (Chin Siu Dek). I trained thirty years with Bill Lasiter, one of Jimmy H. Woo's students, and I hold Master rank in the art.
- San Soo links
Back to Index