2002 TOYS FOR TOTS CAMPAIGN - DECEMBER, 2002 -
we actually started our participation on the last day of november, and finished on the last sunday before christmas. as of january TFT atlanta has collected almost 200,000 toy donations and almost $80,000 for the cause, almost what it was in 2000, despite the economy and current situations!
go [HERE] for some pics.
THANKS AND RECOGNITION TO ALL TFT 2002 PARTICIPANTS!
KLINGON LASER TAG CHALLENGE, STONE MOUNTAIN PARK, NOVEMBER, 2002 - many laser tag engagements were played all day and well into the night during this event. good food and fellowship was had by all klingons between engagements! thanks and recognition to the ARROW QEYHA for initiating this event!
FALL CHARITY PUTT PUTT CHALLENGE - NOVEMBER, 2002 -
many groups appeared to this event - klingons, stormtroopers, rebels, ASFS, farscapers, dead pirates. we collected almost 200 canned goods donations for the BREAD OF LIFE food bank this time!
it had been raining before we arrived, but stopped just after we arrived. we played 36 holes of golf, but better than that, driving a go-cart on a wet track is great!
go [HERE] for some pics.
thanks and recognition to all participants!
KLINGON BEACH BASH, NOVEMBER, 2002 - patti from the atlanta ship ARROW QEYHA won many challenges, and received the name 'kitty killer'. more details to come...
NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE - OCTOBER 2002 - kolonel Kevin again this year, along with other crew members, as well as members of the 501st, worked at the Netherworld haunted house. they were fortunate this year as in mid october, the singer Janet Jackson came thru atlanta, and decided to attend the Netherworld. Kevin, dressed as another crazy ghoul, got to scare her twice, and she screamed well.
KLINGON FEAST - SEP 2002 - many of ga klingons went down to orlando, FL, to partake in the great annual klingon feast!
go [HERE] and [HERE
DRAGONCON 2002 - AUG 30 THRU SEP 2 - CAMPAIGN REPORT
Many great times to talk about! KAG showed its presense well at Dragoncon 2002. we participated in and initiated many events and activities, described below -
- PARTIES/MEETINGS - On friday, many klingons went to the casbah moroccan restaurant for food and fun, then later we had an all kag meeting, where many issues were discussed. On saturday, we went to the Hooters downtown for dinner, then later that night we ran the kag party in the marriot (where we served much great food and drink and told tall tales), as well as invaded other parties in the marriott and the hyatt. On sunday night we contributed to the Ten Forward party in the Trek Trak room, after which we ran a small klingon party. we attained good fun, drunkenness, and full bellies!
- PARADE - On saturday morning we attended and participated in the first ever DRAGONCON parade! tho it was early on saturday morning, most of us managed to drag ourselves down to centenial park to participate. The klingons were positioned as the first group in the parade!
- EWOK ATTACKS - 3d Dragoncon in a row - we successfully ran multiple ewok (teddy bear) attacks on the 501st stormtroopers starting saturday morning, after all groups were lined up in the parade, then again later that day in the hyatt near the escalators, then again in the Hooters that evening. at least one ewok sacrificed himself during the attack in the hyatt, by falling into the elevator shaft! on sunday a few of ran individual stealth ewok attacks as well. we have been promised a tribble counterattack by the 501st.
- CEREMONIES - We held our KAG promotion / recognition ceremonies on 11am sunday morning. that was a difficult time for some of us after a night of working, drinking, and partying! many were promoted, recognized, or given new positions or rankings in the KAG structure.
- FAN TABLE - We ran a good fan table again this year, despite the fan table location being moved this year to the open area in the marriott. we didnt have a wall to put posters on, but location in the new area was quite good, visibility-wise. we gained a few new recruits for kag this time around.
- KLINGON ASSASSIN'S GUILD - We ran the assassin's guild again this year, for one day during the con. we made more money for Scottish Rite hospital thru the donations of those wanting others at the con to receive assassination stickers. we will likely do it again next year!
- TREK PANELS - Some of us, Kol kevin, Kommander Qatani, Major DuQwI were involved in Star Trek panels again this year, in the Trek Trak room. we successfully debated issues concerning the Enterprise show, the upcoming Nemesis movie, and Star Trek vs. Star Wars!
- HONORARIUM - None was given this year, but we made a promise to Phil Morris that he would be properly honored if he returned to Dragoncon next year.
- CON STAFF - Some of our members worked con staff this year. that meant many hours of tiring work, but we continued our participation in KAG activities when we didnt work!
- MISS KLINGON PAGEANT - unfortunately, a Shadow Fleet female won it this year. we are wondering if they are just better than our females, or are they 'rigging' the event ;)...
- ROBOT BATTLES - because of uneven changes in the rules, kol kevin's Devastator was once again devastated when it was put up against a bot with a large verticle saw blade. pieces of the devastator were flung into the audience, which ironically is why the Robot Battles committee told kevin that he could not use his horizontal spinning blade. ironic...
later, in the battle royal, the Devastator was flipped high into the air by a heavy weight bot, which had a powerful flipper arm!
FOR A FEW DC 2002 PICS, GO [HERE],
AND TO THE [ROGUE PHOENIX] SITE.
FOR ALL THE DRAGONCON PIC LINKS, GO [HERE]. MORE PIC LINKS TO COME...
KIDC PICNIC - 27 JULY 2002 - fun for the whole family. many challenges were accepted and played out by young and old warriors alike. Qatani took highest score of all, and qibtaj and another warrior had to shoot out for second place. thanks to the instigator for the well cooked and served bbq food!
the batleth drill team put on its rendition of stripes for all to enjoy! many got wet playing super soaker battles in the day, and at night the males defeated the females after 45 minutes of laser tag!
pictures to come...
MEN IN BLACK II MOVIE PREMIER AND KIIB PUBLICITY EVENT - 6 JULY 2002 - ON THE FIRST WEEKEND OF MEN IN BLACK II, WE ATTENDED THE AMC COLONIAL 18 IN LAWRENCEVILLE, GA.
THERE WE SCANNED, SCRUTINIZED, SCARED, ENTERTAINED, AND SPOKE WITH THE INCOMING PATRONS. AT MANY OF THE MIIB MOVIE SHOWINGS THROUGHOUT THE DAY, WE PERFORMED A QUICK SKIT OF ALIEN ARREST AND DEPORTATION FOR THE AUDIENCE AS THEY WAITED FOR THE MOVIE TO START.
CLICK [HERE] FOR THE FIRST PIC.
SCI FI SUMMER CON 2002 - JUNE 14 WEEKEND - a great little convention of generalist sci fi. Sandy Lynne, a dancer who is also an honorary KAG member, was in attendance. we finally gave out the Toys for Tots awards to the groups that participated in TFT 2001, in a ceremony on the lawn of the hotel . While KAG had a good party, the best was given by the Dead Priates of Phandom. we participated in many events, such as nerf sword (boffer) and gun battles.
PICTURES TO COME...
PIZZA HUT IN MARRIETTA, JUNE 8, 2002 - the combined nemesis and fury meeting was held at this location, in costume, to raise money for the cystic fibrosis charity. A percentage of our purchases went to the charity. many mundanes were fascinated by our appearance there, and also gave donations. within just a couple of hours we raised $400!
VULKON ATLANTA 2002 - J.G. HERTZLER (GENERAL MARTOK FROM DS9) was the big guest for us this year. also appearing were James Doohan (by phone conference), James Horan, Dr. Flox from Enterpise, Tracy Scoggins and Jerry Doyle from B5.
unfortunately, James Doohan was only on the phone for a short time, and sounded like he was in very bad health. we hope he recovers soon.
J.G.H. was a lot of fun, and participated in many of our events. we successfully ambushed him at the end of his panel presentation, and presented him with honorary membership to KAG, KAG marines, the Nemesis, and the Fury.
Events at this show were -
klingon rite of ascention
dinners and parties
GO [HERE] TO SEE SOME PICS FROM THE CON. ALSO, GO [HERE] FOR A FEW MORE.
GA RENAISANCE FESTIVAL - marq collins dressed liked samuri jack. 'the pirate ship' shop had the best prices / auctions on midevil and klingon weapons. D.A. Moore worked at the renfest this year, and he knows exactly what it means to have a tiger by the tail ;)...
the joust seemed OK, the shows were good, but it appeared to need something more. overall, everyone had a good time, and look to next year.
TOTALLY WASHED OUT - on saturday 4 may, by 10 am the snelleville days parade was totally washed out by pouring rain and wind (which was blowing the rain side-ways). there were more than 15 of us attending, and most of us went to the Jillian's in discover mills mall, to scare the patrons, play video games and eat lunch, then call it a day.
go [ HERE ] to see a few pics.
[KAG TABLE AT THE ACC] - we had a KAG table at the atlanta comicon, and it went well. the 501st was also there, and we all were 'bothered' by dangerwoman at one point. we held our monthly meeting there, and we took part in a filmed skit made by a comics fan club.
CHARITY PUTT PUTT CHALLENGE AT MALIBU - 6 april at the MALIBU GRAND PRIX theme park in norcross. 90 canned goods donations were given by us and the GA501st storm troopers, and even some money donations by other patrons. almost 30 of us sci fi folks showed up this time (that seems to be the average number).
we all played well, and defeated the troopers after 18 holes by average score of 55 to 57 (remember, the low score wins here). when then lined up for almost an hour waiting for our go-cart rides. once there, it was great. we kept having accidents! delton spun out 3 times! there was alot of tail-gating and bumping, because everyone was having just too much fun and were too wound up not to. we finished the day with some video games and group photos. photos to come.
you can go to the [ kagatlanta group to see some photos.
you can also go to [SITH VIXEN'S] to see some pics.
KIB IS BACK! T-SHIRTS FOR $20
go to [SIGNGUY.COM] to see the latest!
GOBS OF FUN AT GALACTICON, 22-25 march -
ALMOST 200 FANS ATTENDED
FRI - DANCING, JOJO'S WEDDING - ABOUT 50 GUESTS ATTENDED
SAT - 2 NEW SHIPS WERE RECOGNIZED AND LAUNCHED
CREWMAN PAULA RECOGNIZED AND OFFICIALLY PROMOTED TO 2LT
KAG CEREMONY WAS BRIEF
JAIL AND BAIL - 20 ARRESTED FOR THE CAUSE
GAMES - KLINGON SPEARS - JOJO; NERF MISSILES - ROGUE PHOENIX FEDDIE; TARG HUNT - JOJO FOUND IT, KEVIN FOUGHT HIM FOR IT, WAS STOPPED BY JOJO'S WIFE, THEN RP FEDDIE TOOK IT FROM JOJO; ROASTED TARG AFTERWARD WAS A FINE FEAST
CHARITY SLAVE AUCTION - KEVIN GOT DRUNK AGAIN BY TIME OF AUCTION, KEVIN ALWAYS STARTED BID OF $5 ON ALL SLAVES, ENDED UP WITH 2 MALE SLAVES. THEN HE AND HIS SLAVES AND THEIR SLAVES WENT OUT ONTO DANCE FLOOR AND SANG THE SPAM SONG.
2 PARTIES/DANCES - MARQ PLAYED YMCA AT 2D PARTY, AND ALL MALES GOT TOGETHER AND DID A ROCKCAT REVIEW LINE FOR THAT.
SUN - CLOSED; KEVIN HIJACKED FURY BANNER, RANSOMMED IT TO JOJO, DEMANED JOJO WEAR A HUMAN SUEDE SUIT TO GET IT BACK; FURY WON THE OVOID SPHERES CONTEST
pictures to come...
ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE, 16 march - 15 to 20 of us participated. we marched and rode well, despite being stuck behind the clowns! the weather was perfect for wearing our costumes! sadly, we did not appear on tv, news or otherwise. however, pictures will be posted soon.
PUBLIC PROPOSAL - 16 FEBRUARY, 2002 - COL kevin 'amar koloth' proposed marriage to his parmaqai, crewman theresa, during the fury's meeting. it was well planned and executed. many of us new about it, and showed up in costume for this event. the only thing missing from this was blood wine to comemorate it! pics to come on this.
WEAPONS MASTER - 13 FEBRUARY, 2002 - crewman robert 'k'blade devnoh' has been appointed to head weapons master position of the KAG WEAPONS GUILD. QAPLA' robert!
FIRST MEETING AT BORDER'S BOOKS - 9 FEBRUARY, 2002 - the first meeting at the new location went well, tho a couple of our members could not find it, and a couple of them did not show up. the meeting area is in the ARTS section, which has good public traffic. we drank samples of good coffee, and discussed our many upcoming events. crewman robert showed the medal and the letter of commendation and the NEA application he received for his freedom poem. crewman paula 'chanaq dughal' was appointed new security chief for the ship.
in the end, one of the border's staff and one of the patrons asked us about joining our ship, and border's is interested in us performing klingon shakespear at that location.
recognition to william and paula m. for setting it up!
FEBRUARY, 2002 - FREEDOM - crewman robert 'k'blade devnoh' had submitted a poem recently on the internet, about the 9/11/01 attack on the U.S.
He has been recognized nationally, including recognition and application from the NEA, his local congressman (john linder), a publisher in texas, and also received a medal for it from a writer's organization in ohio.
to read his poem, go [HERE]
QAPLA'! crewman robert!
FEBRUARY 2, 2002 - we played against members of the GA501st in 2 games of lasertag. we had great battles and won great victories! however, we had 11 members present, where they had 9, and though they were outnumbered, they fought well and cleverly. and, sith vixen from the 501st took best score...