$5.99. That's about what I would spend for lunch on an average Chick-fil-A visit. Today, while on a quest for snack food that didn't involve chocolate at Publix, I finally gave into an urge I've had since October or so. Mighty Beanz.
Mighty Beanz are... well, little plastic toy beans. We received series one at the ol' bookstore back in the fall and they sold very quickly. We've gotten series two in multiple times and they go within the day they come out. We haven't gotten series three or the new Marvel, Pokemon, or Ninja Turtles series yet. I almost bought Turtle ones at Toys 'R' Us the other day. Let's have a look.
That's the package that series two, which Publix has, comes in. I'm not sharing any more of the pictures I actually took, because they look worse and worse as they go on. There's the one you can see in the display there, plus five more mystery ones. Basically, it's like buying baseball cards... you don't know what you're getting. Well, except that you're spending money on plastic beans.
Since this is the Five by Five and all, let's get to the actual number part. Well, there's six, but pretend like it's five. Here are my BEANZ!!!!
1. Bruiser Bean - Bean #64, of the "High School Team." This is a common "rookie team" bean. Basically, he's your standard high school bully, except he looks about 45.
2. Bad Breath Bean - This would be #85 of the "Monster Team." Well, bad breath can be a monster. This is an "advanced team" bean, which is I guess part of the medium difficulty level to get.
3. Coach Bean - Ol' Coach is #71 of the "Basketball Team." He's another rookie level bean. He looks like no coach I've ever had, but all of the coaches I've had since middle school were female. And come to think of it, I kinda miss that fitness walking coach that I haven't thought of since I left GSU. Homina, homina.
4. Farmer Bean - He's #76 of... get ready... "Farm Team"! This is the one that I could actually see in the package. I thought it was some kind of hillbilly or something. I'm a little disappointed. It actually reminds me of the old prospector on the unaired SNL skit on the "Best of Will Ferrell" DVD. The bean that will from now on be the old prospector is also a rookie bean.
5. Octo-Zen Bean - This weird feller is from the Alien Team and is #102. He's from the "pro team" level, which would equal "hard to get." Sad really, because it's not that cool of a bean.
5.5. Ribbon Dancer Bean - #94 of the "World Games Team", another advanced bean. Who the heck wants a ribbon dancer bean?
And just to give you a look at the beanz that are kinda cool...
I don't remember the official name, but you know they want this to be the Crocodile Hunter. It's from a regular Beanz series.
Elektra here is from the Marvel Beanz. She's about the coolest of the Marvel Beanz, maybe just because she reminds me of Jennifer Garner and I really don't mind that reminder.
Yes! Hippie Beanz! This pair is from the new series three.
This would be Leonardo of the Turtles. It's strange, I don't know many of the characters in this set, because it's based on the newfanged cartoon instead of the one I grew up with.
Coming soon, and I really can't wait, are Simpsons Beanz! Yes! You know I'll buy all of those.