Descendants of Thomas D. Treadaway
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS D. TREADAWAY. He married NANCY BELL.
Child of THOMAS TREADAWAY and NANCY BELL is: 2. i. RICHARD B. TREADAWAY, b. August 18, 1832, GA; d. December 28, 1885, Cherokee Co., TX.
Generation No. 2
2. RICHARD B. TREADAWAY (THOMAS D. TREADAWAY) was born August 18, 1832 in GA, and died December 28, 1885 in Cherokee Co., TX. He married MATILDA A. STRIPLIN Abt. 1854 in Randolph Co., AL, daughter of BENJAMIN STRIPLIN and ELIZABETH STEWART.
Notes for RICHARD B. TREADAWAY: They were in the Calhoun County, AL census in 1860 and they moved to Cherokee Co., TX around 1868 and remained there Both R. B. and Matilda appear to have been fairly educated for the time and were very active members of the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church near Maydelle in Cherokee County.
Notes for MATILDA A. STRIPLIN: Randolph County Court House burned 1897 and all records were lost therefore no marriage record has been found. When Elizabeth died Matilda took over the rearing of her children. When her grandson Will French lost his wife in 1900 Matilda again took over the rearing of his two younger children. Three generations she raised. The 1900 census shows that Matilda had a 7th child who apparently died in early childhood and it's name is unknown.
Children of RICHARD TREADAWAY and MATILDA STRIPLIN are: 3. i. NANCY ELIZABETH TREADAWAY, b. October 14, 1855, AL; d. October 25, 1886. ii. MARY ALICE TREADAWAY, b. 1857; m. SAMUEL A. MEADOR, September 14, 1874, Cherokee Co., TX. 4. iii. LOUISA E. TREADAWAY, b. 1859. 5. iv. SUDINA ANN TREADAWAY, b. 1861. v. FRANCES TREADAWAY, b. January 30, 1863; d. January 29, 1937; m. (1) JOHNSA BALL, August 29, 1897. (2) ? MCFADDEN. vi. BENJAMIN THOMAS. TREADAWAY, b. February 28, 1866; d. February 12, 1930.
Notes for BENJAMIN THOMAS. TREADAWAY: Benjamin never married but helped rear the children of his deceased sister and the children of his nephew Will French.
Generation No. 3
3. NANCY ELIZABETH TREADAWAY (RICHARD B., THOMAS D. TREADAWAY) was born October 14, 1855 in AL, and died October 25, 1886. She married JAMES WASHINGTON FRENCH November 11, 1872.
Children of NANCY TREADAWAY and JAMES FRENCH are: i. ELLA MAY FRENCH, b. December 30, 1873; d. December 09, 1942; m. ROBERT L. PEARMAN, August 12, 1891. ii. JOHN WILLIAM FRENCH, b. October 27, 1875; d. July 05, 1949; m. (1) NELLIE DURRETT, November 1894; m. (2) MARY VELMA JORDAN, November 24, 1920. iii. JOE BEN FRENCH, b. May 13, 1877; d. March 13, 1883. iv. ANNIE FRENCH, b. January 20, 1880; d. Abt. 1950; m. JOHN ASBURY SHERMAN, November 26, 1895. v. JAMES ARTHUR FRENCH, b. January 12, 1882; d. January 01, 1883. vi. RICHARD AUGUSTUS FRENCH, b. December 26, 1883; d. January 21, 1960; m. VESTHA SHERMAN, January 04, 1904.
4. LOUISA E. TREADAWAY (RICHARD B., THOMAS D. TREADAWAY) was born 1859. She married THOMAS S. TREADAWAY October 29, 1879.
Children of LOUISA TREADAWAY and THOMAS TREADAWAY are: i. DELLA TREADAWAY. ii. OSCAR TREADAWAY. iii. RALPH TREADAWAY. iv. AUGUSTUS TREADAWAY. v. JOSIE TREADAWAY.
5. SUDINA ANN TREADAWAY (RICHARD B., THOMAS D. TREADAWAY) was born 1861. She married J. W. HOLBROOK August 23, 1891.
Children of SUDINA TREADAWAY and J. HOLBROOK are: i. ARTHUR TREADAWAY HOLBROOK. ii. BELMA HOLBROOK. iii. LAURA HOLBROOK. iv. ASDIE HOLBROOK. v. ALLIE HOLBROOK. vi. ESMA HOLBROOK.