Descendants of UNKNOWN MAYBE WILLIAM JOHNSON
Descendants of Unknown Maybe William
Generation No. 1
1. UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM He married UNKNOWN.
Notes for UNKNOWN: Was a Wolfe Pack Cherokee Indian.
Children of UNKNOWN WILLIAM and UNKNOWN are:
2. i. JERRY MIHR2 JOHNSON [Jeremiah], b. October 17, 1876, Hamilton Cty, TN; d. March 26, 1955, Hamilton Cty, TN.
3. ii. GEORGE W. JOHNSON, b. October 18, 1865, Hamilton Co., TN; d. March 18, 1952, Hamilton Co., TN.
iii. WILLIAM JOHNSON.
2. JERRY MIHR2 JOHNSON [Jeremiah] (UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born October 17, 1876 in Hamilton Cty, TN, and died March 26, 1955 in Hamilton Cty, TN. He married LENA NORA KELLEY September 05, 1909, daughter of NATHAN KELLEY and NORTH. She was born March 14, 1892 in Bradley Cty, TN, and died January 1985 in Bradley Cty, TN.
More About JERRY MIHR JOHNSON: Burial: Hamilton Co., TN Greenwood Cemetery
More About LENA NORA KELLEY: Burial: Hamilton Co., TN Greenwood Cemetery
Children of JERRY JOHNSON and LENA KELLEY are:
i. ALVIN GLEN3 JOHNSON.
ii. BARBARA JOHNSON.
iii. BETTY SUE JOHNSON.
iv. GENEVA BEATRIS JOHNSON.
v. KENNETH KELLY JOHNSON.
vi. OLETA JOHNSON.
vii. VELMA IZETTA JOHNSON.
viii. LENA JERRY JOHNSON, b. December 10, 1910.
ix. JERRY MIHR JOHNSON, b. September 07, 1914.
4. x. JAMES WILLIOUS JOHNSON, b. October 17, 1917.
3. GEORGE W.2 JOHNSON (UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born October 18, 1865 in Hamilton Co., TN, and died March 18, 1952 in Hamilton Co., TN. He married NELLIE MAE FAULKNER. She was born May 30, 1877, and died December 06, 1931.
More About GEORGE W. JOHNSON: Burial: Sylar Cemetery, Ooltewah, TN
Children of GEORGE JOHNSON and NELLIE FAULKNER are:
i. ODEN H.3 JOHNSON, b. 1915; d. September 26, 1975; m. BLANCHE SCOGGINS.
ii. CURTIS JOHNSON.
5. iii. RAYMOND S. JOHNSON, b. June 04, 1912; d. April 12, 1981.
6. iv. PAUL E. JOHNSON, d. Rome, GA.
5. RAYMOND S.3 JOHNSON (GEORGE W.2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born June 04, 1912, and died April 12, 1981. He married ADA ALLENE VARNELL. She was born October 11, 1919, and died July 23, 2000.
Children of RAYMOND JOHNSON and ADA VARNELL are:
i. SPENCER4 JOHNSON.
ii. EUGENE JOHNSON.
iii. SYLVIA JOHNSON, m. ? POWELL.
iv. WILMA JOHNSON, m. ? YOUNG.
6. PAUL E.3 JOHNSON (GEORGE W.2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) died in Rome, GA. He married MATTIE CONN April 10, 1937.
Child of PAUL JOHNSON and MATTIE CONN is:
i. BRADLEY4 JOHNSON.
Generation No. 3
4. JAMES WILLIOUS3 JOHNSON (JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born October 17, 1917. He married SARA EVELYN MCCLAIN in Hamilton Cty, TN, daughter of CHARLES MCCLAIN and BERTHA MINOR. She was born October 30, 1917, and died April 1970 in Hamilton Cty, TN.
Children of JAMES JOHNSON and SARA MCCLAIN are:
i. JAMES WILLIOUS4 JOHNSON, JR, b. April 29, 1939, Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN; d. April 13, 1987, Elberton, Elbert Cty, GA; m. PATRICIA ANN BRYANT, Lenoir City, Loudon Cty, TN; born, Vanceboro, NC.
Generation 4 7. JAMES WILLIOUS4 JOHNSON, JR (JAMES WILLIOUS3, JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born April 29, 1939 in Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN, and died April 13, 1987 in Elberton, Elbert Cty, GA. He married PATRICIA ANN BRYANT March 27, 1964 in Lenoir City, Loudon Cty, TN. She was born June 16, 1940 in Vanceboro, NC.
Notes for JAMES WILLIOUS JOHNSON, JR:
James Willious (Jimmy) Johnson Jr, 47, of Route 1, Bowman, Ga., died Monday in Bowman. He was a native of Chattanooga and was the, son of the late Sara Evelyn McClain Johnson. Mr. Johnson was power house supervisor for the Richard B. Russell Dams and was a member of First Baptist Church of Elberton, Ga. Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Carol Rousey Johnson; three sons, Bryan Johnson, Quincy, Fla., Ronald Johnson, U.S. Air Force, Japan, and James Johnson III, U.S. Navy, Grayslake, Ill.; one daughter, Mrs. Saralyn Whitmore, Demorst, Ga.; father, James W. Johnson Sr., Chattanooga; sister, Mrs. Linda Coulter, Chattanooga; brother, Robert Johnson, Chattanooga. Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 1 pm. at First Baptist Church of Elberton, Ga., with Dr. Al Meredith officiating. Graveside services will be held Thursday at I p.m. in Greenwood Cemetery with Dr. C.S. Knapp offici- ating. The family will receive friends today from 7 to 9 p.m. and Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon at the Valley View Chapel of Lane Funeral Home.
Plant Supervisor Slain Secretary Abducted Freed
Co-worker at Richard Russell Dam is arrested in on-the-job shooting
Taken from-THE ATLANTA JOURNAL TUESDAY APRIL 14, 1987
By Sam Hopkins and Larry Copeland Staff Writers
The power plant superintendent of the Richard B. Russell Dam in Elbert County was shot to death on the job Monday, a secretary was abducted, and a co-worker of the two victims was arrested as a suspect, authorities said.
Elbert County Sheriff Rollins Skelton said James W. Johnson Jr., 47, an employee of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for 17 years, was shot in the head at close range with a large-caliber weapon about 11:30 a.m. The sheriff identified the suspect as William Allen Guilford, 25, an electrician who had worked for Johnson at the power plant for about 3 years. Both had Elbert County addresses.
Johnson's secretary, Kathy Burts, 31, was abducted at gunpoint from the power plant and driven to a wooded area near a cemetery, where she was released, Skelton said.
Ms. Burts and another secretary are the only two employees in Johnson's outer office, Skelton said. He said Gillford walked through their office Monday morning, and on through Johnson's office to a work area.
"It was normal for employees to walk through their office" she said. "They didn't really pay any attention when he walked through."
One of the secretaries told police that she did not hear the two men arguing or talking, Skelton said. Johnson was sitting behind his desk and was turned toward a computer terminal when someone en- tered his office from the work area where Gillford had gone, grasped his hair and shot him once in the head, Skelton said.
"The secretary said the only thing she heard was maybe Mr. Johnson saying 'No!' just before he was shot," Skelton said.
The gunman then came out of the office, abducted Ms. Burts and drove her 51/2 miles to the cemetery, Skelton said. She was released there and ran about a half-mile to a store, where she called the sheriff's office, he said.'
"She told the GBI that she begged and pleaded till he finally let her go," the sheriff said. At 12:25 p.m., Chief Deputy Marvin Dye and Deputy Charles Dooley found Gillford standing by his black, late-model Toyota pickup at the cemetery with a .45-caliber automatic pistol in the front seat, Skelton said.
Gillford offered no resistance when arrested, according to the sheriff. No charges had been filed by this morning.
The sheriff said an autopsy was scheduled and that the State Crime Lab in Alanta would conduct ballistics tests to determine if the weapon found in Gillford's pickup fired the shot that killed Johnson.
The secretary said the only thing she heard was maybe Mr. Johnson saying 'No!' just before he was shot.
Taken from-ANDERSON INDEPENDENT MAIL- MAN CHARGED IN RUSSELL DAM KILLING
By Randy Coleman
ELBERTON - A Bowman man was formally charged Tuesday morning with murder and kidnapping in connection with an incident Monday at the Russell Lake Dam power plant.
Elbert County Sheriff Rollins Skelton said William Allen Guilford 25, who was taken into custody Monday approximately an hour after the shooting death of power plant superintendent James W. Johnson and the kidnapping of Johnson's secretary, Kathy Burt, was formally charged with murder and kidnapping. No other charges are forthcoming, Skelton said.
Skelton said late Tuesday afternoon that Guilford had spoken "very little and almost nothing about what happened." Fuilford's only request , Skelton said, was that he be provided with an attorney.
Skelton said authorities still have determined no motive for the shooting or the kidnapping. "We don't have anything we can say is a motive for the shooting." Skelton said. "The only thing we were told is that they (Guilford and Johnson) may have had some arguments in the past, but that's just something we heard."
According to the sheriff's department, Guilford allegedly walked through an outer office at the power plant where Mrs. Burt and a female co-worker were working. There, Johnson was shot in the back of the head.
The co-worker in the office, Skelton said, did not hear a scuffle, just Johnson saying "No!" She then watched Guilford abduct Mrs. Burt and drive away in a black Toyota pickup truck, he said.
Guilford then allegedly drove Mrs. Burt more that five miles from the power plant before she escaped and ran to a nearby store, Skelton said.
Johnson worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which operates Russell Lake Dam, for 17 years. He worked four years at Russell.
NOTE: Guilford was found guilty of murder and kidnapping and sentenced life and 20 subject to parole.
ii. NATHAN ROBERT JOHNSON,
iii. LINDA GAIL JOHNSON, born Chattanooga, Hamilton Cty, TN; m. (1) LOUIS BYRUL CLARK, Hamilton Cty, TN; m. (2) JAMES LEE COULTER, in Trenton, GA; born West Armuchee Valley, GA. Divorced November 1, 2001. (3) Gary Leo Wilhelm, in Acworth, Cobb County, GA April 12, 2003.
Generation No. 5
9. BRIAN ALLEN BECKER5 JOHNSON (JAMES WILLIOUS4, JAMES WILLIOUS3, JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born in Loudon, TN. He married CYNTHIA FITZSIMMONS.
Children of BRIAN JOHNSON and CYNTHIA FITZSIMMONS are:
i. GINNY LEE6 JOHNSON, born Tallahassee, FL.
ii. BECKY LYNN JOHNSON, born Tallahassee, FL.
10. SARALYN SUE5 JOHNSON (JAMES WILLIOUS4, JAMES WILLIOUS3, JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born in Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN. She married (1) CHARLES LEE WHITMORE May 18, 1985. He was born in Cornelia, GA. She married (2) HOWARD RAYMOND JACKSON son of RAYMOND JACKSON and HELEN RATTLER.
Children of SARALYN JOHNSON and CHARLES WHITMORE are:
i. AMANDA NICOLE6 WHITMORE, born Toccoa, GA.
ii. ASHLEY LAUREN WHITMORE, born Tallahassee, FL.
Children of SARALYN JOHNSON and HOWARD JACKSON are:
iii. MAGGIE LYNNE6 JACKSON, born Sylva, NC.
iv. HANNAH ELIZABETH JACKSON, born Sylva, NC.
v. CALEB IKE JACKSON, born Sylva, NC.
11. JAMES WILLIOUS5 JOHNSON III (JAMES WILLIOUS4, JAMES WILLIOUS3, JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born in Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN. He married KAREN LOUISE HERNDON daughter of MILTON HERNDON and BARBARA NASH.
Children of JAMES JOHNSON and KAREN HERNDON are:
i. MATTHEW GREGORY CARNES6 JOHNSON, born Anderson, SC.
ii. DILLION JAMES JOHNSON, born Anderson, SC.
12. LOUIS FIELDING5 CLARK (LINDA GAIL4 JOHNSON, JAMES WILLIOUS3, JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born in Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN. He married GAY ELIZABETH MORRIS, daughter of JEROLD MORRIS and SHELBY.
Notes for LOUIS FIELDING CLARK:
Louis & Gay were divorced March 7, 2001.
Children of LOUIS CLARK and GAY MORRIS are:
i. BENJAMIN FIELDING6 CLARK, bornChattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN.
ii. HANNAH ELIZABETH CLARK, born Chattanooga, Hamilton Cty, TN.
13. DAVID LEE5 ELLIOTT (LINDA GAIL4 JOHNSON, JAMES WILLIOUS3, JERRY MIHR2, UNKNOWN MAYBE1 WILLIAM) was born in Hamilton Cty, TN. He married REBEKAH OMARKHAIL.
Children of DAVID ELLIOTT and REBEKAH OMARKHAIL are:
i. MEGAN ALYSE6 ELLIOTT.
ii. KENDALL NICOLE ELLIOTT.
iii. JOSHUA TANNER ELLIOTT.