Descendants of Robert Coulter
Generation No. 1
1. ROBERT COULTER. He married SALLEY KITCHEN. Child of ROBERT COULTER and SALLEY KITCHEN is: 2. i. CHARLES COULTER, b. March 19, 1811, Blount Co., TN; d. 1866, Walker County, GA.
Generation No. 2
2. CHARLES COULTER (ROBERT) was born March 19, 1811 in Blount Co., TN, and died 1866 in Walker County, GA. He married ISABELLA LYDIA TIPTON October 20, 1830 in Blount Co., TN.
Notes for CHARLES COULTER: Blount County , TN census lists him with wife and 1 child under 5. Also in Blount Co., TN 1840 census with wife and 5 children under 10. They moved to Washington Co., IL and bought land December 16, 1843 but left and moved to Walker Co., GA where he is listed in the 1850 and 1860 census.
Children of CHARLES COULTER and ISABELLA TIPTON are: 3. i. JAMES M. COULTER, b. June 06, 1831, Blount Co., TN; d. May 17, 1925, Walker Co., GA. ii. SARAH COULTER, b. 1833; m. NEILL JACKSON. iii. JOHN COULTER, b. 1835; d. June 16, 1901; m. NANCY PARTON. iv. ROBERT COULTER, b. 1837; m. SUE STRINGER. v. ANDREW J. COULTER, b. May 10, 1839; m. TILDA MCTYRE. vi. NANCY J. COULTER, b. 1840. vii. MARY ANN COULTER, b. 1842; m. MATTOX. viii. WILLIAM COULTER, b. 1845. ix. CHARLES COULTER, JR, b. 1847. x. THOMAS J. COULTER, b. 1850. xi. ELIZABETH COULTER, b. 1853; m. CHARLES STRINGER. xii. NATHAN BEARL COULTER, b. February 05, 1855; m. MOLLY MCDONALD. xiii. ANDERSON COULTER, b. 1856. xiv. AMANDA COULTER, b. 1858; m. ALONZO COOPER.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES M. COULTER (CHARLES, ROBERT) was born June 06, 1831 in Blount Co., TN, and died May 17, 1925 in Walker Co., GA. He married THERESA TENNESSEE OWINGS 1857 in South Carolina, daughter of MARCUS OWINGS and NANCY HENDERSON.
Notes for JAMES M. COULTER: Civil War - enlisted in the Army of Northern Virginia in May 1862 under Stonewall Jackson then the Army of Tennessee until it surrendered 4/26/1865. Farmed about 1500 acres. Member of Shiloh Baptist Church Buried at Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Walker Co., GA
Children of JAMES COULTER and THERESA OWINGS are: i. TWIN BOYS COULTER. Notes for TWIN BOYS COULTER: Twin boys stillborn. ii. MARTHA JANE/JEAN COULTER, b. February 20, 1858. iii. JAMES C. COULTER, b. March 12, 1862. iv. AMOS COULTER, b. August 18, 1864. v. AVIE ISABELLA COULTER, b. April 16, 1867. vi. OCTAVIA COULTER, b. October 18, 1869. 4. vii. CHARLEY C. COULTER, b. June 15, 1871, West Armuchee Valley,Walker Cty, GA; d. April 09, 1973, Walker Cty, GA. viii. WALTER WILLIAM COULTER, b. April 03, 1873. ix. LULA COULTER, b. April 12, 1876.
Generation No. 4
4. CHARLEY C. COULTER (JAMES M., CHARLES, ROBERT) was born June 15, 1871 in West Armuchee Valley,Walker Cty, GA, and died April 09, 1973 in Walker Cty, GA. He married LILLIE MAE SALMON January 05, 1897 in LaFayette, Walker Co., GA, daughter of JOSEPH SALMON and MARY WHITE.
Notes for CHARLEY C. COULTER: Charley was a farmer in the Walker County area. He later lived in Lakeview, GA. 6/20/1971 a birthday party was held for Charley (Papa). He turned 100. He received a letter from President Nixon.
Notes for LILLIE MAE SALMON: Lillie was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church.
Children of CHARLEY COULTER and LILLIE SALMON are: i. ORENE COULTER. 5. ii. JAYNE LEE COULTER, b. November 05, 1898. 6. iii. ROY S. COULTER, b. January 15, 1901. 7. iv. WILLIE ERNEST COULTER, b. October 10, 1904, Walker County, GA; d. July 01, 1971, Catoosa CTY, GA. 8. v. DAPHNE NORA COULTER, b. October 27, 1903. vi. MARY SUE COULTER, b. November 30, 1910. 9. vii. THOMAS SPURGEN COULTER, b. August 29, 1913; d. April 07, 1966, Atlanta, GA.
Generation No. 5
5. JAYNE LEE COULTER (CHARLEY C., JAMES M., CHARLES, ROBERT) was born November 05, 1898. She married ROY SCROGGINS April 19, 1919. Children of JAYNE COULTER and ROY SCROGGINS are: i. HAZEL ESTES SCROGGINS. ii. BARNARD SCROGGINS. iii. CHARLES SCROGGINS. iv. MAXINE SCROGGINS. v. FRANCIS ROY SCROGGINS, b. January 12, 1894.
6. ROY S. COULTER (CHARLEY C., JAMES M., CHARLES, ROBERT) was born January 15, 1901. He married ETHEL HARGRAVES. Children of ROY COULTER and ETHEL HARGRAVES are: i. HERMAN COULTER. ii. RAYMOND COULTER.
7. WILLIE ERNEST COULTER (CHARLEY C., JAMES M., CHARLES, ROBERT) was born October 10, 1904 in Walker County, GA, and died July 01, 1971 in Catoosa CTY, GA. He married CLEO L'KANSAS HOLBROOK August 24, 1935, daughter of OSCAR HOLBROOK and MARY ERVIN. Children of WILLIE COULTER and CLEO HOLBROOK are: 10. i. JAMES LEE COULTER, b. West Armuchee Valley, GA. ii. JANICE COULTER, b. LaFayette, GA; m. WILSON ANDREW HIX, 11. iii. WILLIE ERVIN COULTER, b. West Armuchee Valley Walker Co.,, GA. 12. iv. JOHNNY HOLBROOK COULTER, b. LaFayette Walker Co., GA. 13. v. MARY ANN COULTER, b. Lafayette Walker Co., GA. 14. vi. KAREN DIANE COULTER, b. LaFayette Walker Co., GA.
8. DAPHNE NORA COULTER (CHARLEY C., JAMES M., CHARLES, ROBERT). She married ERNEST PETERSON August 03, 1923. Children of DAPHNE COULTER and ERNEST PETERSON are: i. MELVIN PETERSON. ii. JACK PETERSON.
9. THOMAS SPURGEN COULTER (CHARLEY C., JAMES M., CHARLES, ROBERT) was born August 29, 1913, and died April 07, 1966 in Atlanta, GA. He married SUE BOWMAN August 18, 1932. Child of THOMAS COULTER and SUE BOWMAN is: i. BETTY JOYCE COULTER.
Descendants of Lewis Garman Holbrook
Generation No. 1
1. LEWIS GARMAN HOLBROOK. He married SALLIE YOUNG.
Children of LEWIS HOLBROOK and SALLIE YOUNG are: i. PERRYMAN PATE HOLBROOK. ii. J. M. HOLBROOK, b. 1860. iii. TOM HOLBROOK. iv. BERRY HOLBROOK. v. MINNIE HOLBROOK. vi. GIRL HOLBROOK. vii. GIRL HOLBROOK.
Generation No. 2
2. PERRYMAN PATE HOLBROOK (LEWIS GARMAN). He married THURSEY L'KANSAS SHIRLEY. Perryman Pate was a farmer in Rome, GA
Children of PERRYMAN HOLBROOK and THURSEY SHIRLEY are: i. OSCAR JOE MELTON HOLBROOK, b. July 12, 1875, Rome, Floyd Co., Ga; d. October 17, 1953, Rossville, Walker Co., GA. ii. GENERAL HOLBROOK. iii. OLIVER HOLBROOK. iv. IRA PAUL HOLBROOK, b. February 11, 1892. v. HENTON HOLBROOK. vi. MOLLY HOLBROOK. vii. IDA HOLBROOK.
Generation No. 3
3. OSCAR JOE MELTON HOLBROOK (PERRYMAN PATE, LEWIS GARMAN) was born July 12, 1875 in Rome, Floyd Co., Ga, and died October 17, 1953 in Rossville, Walker Co., GA. He married MARY ELIZABETH ERVIN December 26, 1900 in Rome, Floyd Co., GA, daughter of THOMAS ERVIN and SALLIE FITZSIMMONS.
Children of OSCAR HOLBROOK and MARY ERVIN are: i. ANNIE RUTH HOLBROOK, b. September 25, 1901. ii. INFANT GIRL HOLBROOK, b. June 07, 1903. iii. IDA MAE MARGIE HOLBROOK, b. March 15, 1905. iv. INFANT BOY IDA MAE TWIN HOLBROOK, b. March 15, 1905. v. VICTORIA THELMA HOLBROOK, b. December 18, 1906. vi. HUGH LEE HOLBROOK, b. May 17, 1911. vii. MARY ELIZABETH HOLBROOK, b. April 04, 1913. viii. CLEO L'KANSAS HOLBROOK, b. June 09, 1915, Menlo, GA; d. September 14, 1987, Walker County, GA. ix. SALLIE CATHERINE HOLBROOK, b. February 12, 1917. x. JESSIE GUY HOLBROOK, b. July 28, 1919. xi. MARTHA ALICE HOLBROOK, b. June 17, 1922. xii. JOHN DAVID HOLBROOK, b. July 31, 1924. xiii. TOMMIE SUE HOLBROOK, b. September 10, 1926.
Generation No. 4
CLEO L'KANSAS HOLBROOK (OSCAR JOE MELTON, PERRYMAN PATE, LEWIS GARMAN) was born June 09, 1915 in Menlo, GA, and died September 14, 1987 in Walker County, GA. She married WILLIE ERNEST COULTER, son of CHARLEY COULTER and LILLIE SALMON.