Angel Artist Bio's
- Name: Teri Golden
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State: Arkansas
- Why did you join the Angel Artist program? Didn't.....it joined me. While paying attention my favorite movie a couple of years ago instead of what I was doing, I cut the top of my wrist with an X-knife whilepeeling and carving some cypress. Cut wasn't really bad but was deep and needed stitches. Two days later I ended up in the hospital with a horrible infection that nearly cost me the use of my hand. I had not been on the internet very long but had made some very good friends through this box. Real friends....the kind that are really there with you during the very worst of times. Bonita Firby of St. Francois Xavier, Manitoba, Canada sent me two little angels that were done on watercolor paper. Living in rural Arkansas where people don't really send out cards and such, I was amazed to find people for all over the world sending me cards. Those two little angels were from a lady that I have never met but I will never forget the feeling that I had when I opened that envelope and someone had taken the time to paint something for me. It was wonderful. I talked about the little angels and learned a new technique from them and one night in a chat room with about 8 painters I mentioned that it would be wonderful if we could make everyone feel that much better by sending them an angel. Gail Kirk of Three Rivers Calif. responded... ...
- Family: Hubby (Mike) for 32 years. Three children, Angela (31), Chris (29) Jason (24), 8 wonderful grandchildren. Ages 13, 11, 9, 7, 4, 3, 3, and 2. Mr. & Mrs. Golden, Mike's sister and BIL, his brother and SIL, my mother and 2 sisters and their hubbies.
- Years painting: 24
- Favorite painting style: Love to do faces and still life. Dry brush oil painting. Also love to fabric paint with Deka Fabric dyes.
- Do you teach painting? I taught for 12 years until I was hit head on by a woman trying to pass a pickup on a one lane gravel road as I was coming in from class. I taught demo's for Martin F/Weber Co at national's this year.
- Have you published any painting instruction books or had any painting articles published in magazines? Which books or magazines? I currently have an article being published in the Creative Artist E-zine magazine titled
- Is painting a hobby or a paying job? both
- Are you on ICQ or AOL Instant Messenger? ICQ#1994908 Teri-Ark I have AOL Instant Messenger, Teri479 I always forget that I have that one.
- Do you have any suggestions on how to make this a better list or to get more people involved in sending out these little angels? Communication and support. Joint ventures such as maybe doing an angel tree for the White House this year, A collection of angels for the Auction of Hope at National's in Nashville. Lots of family and painting post on the Angel Artists mailing list and the opening of an Angel chat room so that we can become more that just names to each other.
- Date of Birth: ( month and day) 11/23
- Anniversary: April 1st......April Fools day
- Occupation: wife, farmer, painter
- Favorite hobbies: fishing, painting, hunting
- Collections: things I'm gonna paint someday
- What level of painter do you consider yourself? intermediate
- Tell us a little more about yourself: I own one hubby that works full time at Georgia Pacific fine Paper mill. I also own one small gourd farm. I grow gourds in shapes and sizes for the decorative artist. Mike has only worked one 40 hour week since the 1st week of March so I do all the farm work. I love my tractor and I love to meet new people and talk. While I do love my secluded farm and it's lifestyle, I do get very lonely here sometimes.
Where the Guardian Angels meet