(22 July 2006 As you can see I am editing this page.I have several things I need to add and also delete at the end of this section.)
Minnie Jane Henderson and Joseph Daniel Griffin. The picture was taken on Marguerite Griffin Booth and Leland Booth's front steps out of Manor, Georgia on the Swamp Road, just down from Mount Olive Primitive Baptist Church.
Minnie and Joe's Grandchildren with Spouses and Family
Thelma Griffin Ammon's children:
1. Louise Margaret mar 21 Sept 1939 Alton Theron Waters, 9 May 1909 - 4 June 1958, mar Lester Lonnie Thrift, 4 Jan 1908 - 5 Jan 1969, mar James McKinley Rogers, died 12 Nov 1976, mar 6 Sept 1986, Hugh Anders Allen, 10 Sept 1916. (One dau Marla, deceased in 2005)
2. Betty Jewell, 7 Apr 1926, deceased, mar 1946, Tom E. Davis, mar James "Bo" Strickland, deceased
3. Willie Eugene, mar 26 Aug 1955, Nettie Louise Aycock,
4. Joseph Lawrence "Larry", 20 Oct 1937 - 14 July 1988, mar Avis Aline Herrington, mar Pauline Anderson (four children)
5. Lanell "Nell", mar William Robert Cooper, 2 Sept 1933 - deceased (two children)
6. Terry Jay, mar 15 Nov 1978, Martha Ann Dryden
Thyra Griffin Howard's children:
1. Mildred, born after 1926, died after a few weeks, (buried next to Mildred Louise Griffin at Piney Grove P B church out from Ruskin.)
2. Robert Glen, 8 Jan 1928 - 25 Jan 1982, mar Betty Vaughn Robert Glen, Jr.
3. Fred Clifton, mar Barbara Aldrich
4. Wanda Gay, mar 16 Nov 1954, Dudley Ware Coffee. Two daughters: Ina Denise, mar 13 Sept 1980 Donald Edward Robertson Jr. Two children: Laura Robertson; Donald Edward III ; Crystal Lynn, mar 14 Feb 1984 Kenneth Eugene Rhyne. One daughter Amanda Louise Two-Feathers Rhyne; 2nd marriage 24 Oct 1994 James Thomas Warlitner III. One son Allen Wade Warlitner.
Jim P Griffin's children:
1. Janice "Jan" married Gerald Jerry McCracken In Quitman, GA first Methodist Church.
2. James "Jimmy", 17 Feb 1943-13 April 1990, buried in Quitman, GA cemetery.
3. Joe Allen "Joey", mar 28 Sept 1968 Rebecca Ann Harris.
2. Stephen Michael.
3. Stephanie Michelle, 13 Sept 1971-14 Sept 1971, buried in Quitman, GA cemetery.
4. James Harris "Jamie".
L D Griffin's children:
1. Marjorie Ethel "Margie", 19 Nov 1934 - 14 Dec 1985, mar Jerald Hugh Lee, 3 Aug 1934 (One son Jerald)
2. Nona Christine, mar 22 Apr 1954, Robert C Hayman, mar 31 July 1961, Ralph Carter Sasser, Jr., mar 15 June 1975, S Farrell McLeod (three sons)
Marguerite Nannie Griffin Booth's children:
1. Belva Dare, mar 2 July 1954, Julius J. Daniel, (Two sons: Wade; Gary
2. Leland Hollis, 18 July 1936 - 8 Nov 1936 (buried Booth Cemetery)
3. Lowell Chandler, married twice, second wife Vivian Henderson, 26 Jan 1947 - 31 Jan 1998, Vivian was killed in an auto accident the day of her daughter's wedding. She is buried in Booth Cemetery.
4. Rexford Marvin,
Myrtle Griffin Boyd's Children:
1. Terry Wayne, in his parents' bed on Sob Nob road Manor, GA. Mar 17 July 1960 at Mt. Vernon Congregational Methodist Church, Jones Co. MS, Sarah Ellen Walters, (Son Terry Wayne, Jr., in Lufkin, Texas, married Jone Mills div.then Lisa Meeks div.,then Anne Elizabeth Leach. Two boys born to this union: Everett Keller Boyd born in GA and Miller Howard Boyd born in S C. and dau Lisa Michelle, Commerce, GA mar Allan Ray Pearson. Two daughters, Allison Nicole "Nikki", and Kassie Renee "Cassandra"
2. Melanie Susanne, 13 July 1943 in Waycross Hospital, GA (stillborn) (buried Providence Camp Branch P B Cemetery out of Manor, GA) She is buried next to her great grandparents, Jacob Riley White and Cecilia Ann Corbitt White.
3. William Arthur, in St. Vincent's Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, mar 26 June 1964 in Booth Church, Manor, GA, Phyllis Victoria Bennett, (son Brian Christopher married Erica, and dau Pamela Denise, mar Scott Sorensen . Son Parker David born
4. Dennis Joe, in St. Vincent's Hospital, Jacksonville, FL, mar 9 June 1972 Jennie Amanda Wilson. Daughter Nancy Amanda. 2nd wife mar. 14 July 1984 Mrs. Connie Augusta White Stokes. Daughter, Melanee Alyssa, son Joseph Daniel . 3rd wife mar 15 Aug 1998 at Tybee Island, GA, Dorothy Joan Axon.
5. Peter Matthew, 1949 - stillborn in Homerville Hospital, GA, (buried Providence Camp Branch P B Cemetery next to his sister.)
6. Rhonda Genice, mar 2 July 1971 at Booth Church, Manor, GA, Joseph Felton Smith, Jr.. Sons Joseph Felton "Jody" III; James Earnest "Jamie". Divorced, mar 5 Feb 1994 atop historic lighthouse on Tybee Island, GA, Michael Godbold
Alice Virginia Griffin married Frank Casey who was killed during WWIITheir child:
Joseph Ronald, (Ronald was adopted by Charles Pendleton Eastland, Alice's second husband.)(Ronald married twice and had two children)
Darrell Griffin's children:
1. Darrell Reese, mar 30 Jan 1988 Deborah "Debbie" Lorraine Horton born in Kewanee, Il
John Michael Griffin in Colorado Springs, CO.
2. Michael Dawson, mar Kathy -
3. Benica Jane, mar Joe Fox -
The thing I realize now in looking back at those distant years is how very close some of us were as cousins---the next thing to a brother and sister---and often due to age, closer at that time. Some times brothers and sisters were to be tolerated, but cousins were best friends. I have just edited this last section and removed several paragraphs 23 July 2006.
(More to be added>>>stay tuned!)