After all the complaints I figured it's only
fair to mention the good things about being a
1. MONEY You can make some kick ass money
woking in the right place. You also can make
alot more if you can up sell. If a person
asks for a vodka and tonic, I will ask what
kind of vodka? Then I will name off all the
premium brands (Stoli, Absolut,
Smirnoff...). Usually if your sales go up
your tip does too, even if it's a bad
2. SLEEPING IN- Most places don't open until 10:00 or 11:00 am. Need I say more?
3. PARTYING- People who work in restaurants tend to party alot. Usually after their shift they will go to another bar, club, someones house and get crazy, at least everywhere I have worked it's been that way.
4. THE HOURS- The hours are not bad at all. Most places you work 4 or 5 hours and walk with more money than someone who works a 9 to 5 job.
5. TAKING OFF- Most places all you have to do is get your shift covered, and if you cant do that they will let you have it off if it's slow with some notice.
6. FOOD- Usually you get a discount if not a free meal.
7. PICKING UP SHIFTS- If you need money there usually is no problem picking up shifts for people who dont want to work them.
There is plenty more, If you think of some then let me know and I will list them.