In The Beginning... Soils
Garden Chores Calendar
Turf Management Calendar
Important Kitchen Herbs
- Plant Fescue lawns; fertilize now .
- Apply pre-emergent to prevent crabgrass.
- Apply herbicide to control henbit, chickweed, wild onion,
and other weeds.
- Dethatch all lawns
- Prune junipers, holly, eleagnus, ligustrum and other non-flowering shrubs. Prune
butterfly bushes, pampas grass, ornamental grasses and liriope. Prune forsynitha &
other early flowering shrubs after their bloom season!
- Plant evergreen and deciduous shrubs.
- Fertilize shrubs tree and shrub food.
- Continue spraying program to control fungus problems.
- Apply insecticides to control scale and other over-wintering
- Plant roses this month.
- Apply lime sulfur spray.
- Apply tree and shrub food.
- Plant trees this month.
- Fertilize trees this month.
- Prune crepe myrtles this month.
- Apply Dormant Oil Spray to control over-wintering pests.
- Plant snapdragons, pansies,
nasturtiums and sweet william.
- Fertilize pansies to promote blooms.
- Make plans for summer annuals
- Delay planting warm season annuals until the last frost. The
average date of the last frost is April 1 -1 0.
- Plant perennials.
- Divide perennials this month.
- Plant beets, carrots, kale, radishes, spinach,
peas,cauliflower, collards, turnip greens, lettuce, mustard, cabbage, brussel sprouts,
rape, potatoes, and asparagus need to be planted.
- Sow tomato & pepper seed indoors for transplanting
- Check for insects such as scale and spider mites.
- Use insecticidal soap or oil sprays to control these pests.
- Fertilize tulips, daffodils, crocus, hyacinths, and other
spring flowering bulbs with Bulb Booster.