Objective: To obtain a programmer/analyst position with a progressive company that recognizes the potential and advanced uses of technology.
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY professional with four years experience ranging from system software development to technical support. Strengths include problem solving and analysis, oral and written communications, diagnostics, scheduling, interpersonal relations, directing others while promoting a spirit of partnership with students, peers and support groups.
- B.S. in Computer Technology, May 1999,
- A.S. in Technical Writing, December 1996, Prairie State College
PURDUE UNIVERSITY, West Lafayette, IN 1996 - Present
Lab Consultant/Help Desk Coordinator, Computing Services
Responsible for main campus computer laboratory operation, scheduling student workers, answering student software questions, and providing technical support.
- Improved student satisfaction by providing technical assistance for a variety of hardware and software issues.
- Designed new reporting methodology that ensured compliance with departmental quality improvement objectives.
- Trained student workers on Help Desk and computer use with concentration on operations and system software improving student workers' knowledge and productivity.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES (IBM), Chicago, IL 1995
Account Systems Engineer/Co-op Position
Responsible for technical sales assistance and customer technical support for the midrange customer base.
- Sold and installed multiple midrange system upgrades based on an analysis of sizing and growth needs that increased yearly revenue by 20%.
- Received IBM Means Service Award for customer satisfaction with midrange system upgrade installation project.
PRAIRIE STATE COLLEGE, Chicago, IL 1994 - 1995
Office Assistant, English Department
Responsible for various administrative functions including research, reception, answering telephones, secretarial, and word processing. Provided support for secretary and English department.
- Supervised the installation of new system software updates improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Updated the student database and coordinated the mailing of the department newsletter.
IBM PC and compatibles, Apple Macintosh, UNIX systems
HTML, Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0, Windows, Windows NT Server/Workstation, Microsoft Office Professional, Visual Basic 5, C++, Visual J++/Java, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint