Quotes from Boston Public
Here are a list of quotes from the show...forget about me tell you what half of them are referring to...
The First Lot
- Between us breaking up and me not owning a computer I don't get to see you naked anymore.
- I called my doctor. He asked if I knew the date. I got it right. He asked if I changed my underwear. I said everyday. He asked if I ever drove over an hour, to stare at an empty lot under the delusion that I might be a conductor. I asked him, do I really look that stupid?
- Would you like me to make a list of all the people who hate you?
- I kissed Dana Poole. What do you mean it just happened? You were walking down the street and you tripped into her lips?
- She gave my boy an F Because he thought Lincoln was a log, Washington was a Redskin, and Hamilton was a - what was Hamilton? A blender
- [in reference to the gun]: Those are words that got one syllable, that's what I think, and it works out well for most of you because it's about all that you guys can spell.
- I must make it a rule right here and right now. Wear a bra - for the good of the country.
- in reference to the hallway of junior and senior girls removing their bras an hanging them on their lockers]: Lipshultz told them to wear their brassieres for the good of the country but it turns out they're all communist sluts.
- Scott: I'm talking now sir! [Pauses] Son, I would like- Anthony: Wh-which is it, "sir" or "son"? I'm confused.
- Scott: Ah, Mr. Senate, I need a favor. Harry: Is it sexual? Scott: Why must you be depraved at every turning, Mr. Senate? Harry: It's in my character.
- Sometimes, when there's nothing good on television, I like to come here and watch the lockers.
- Scott: You may report to the custodian's office after school today. You'll be spending your free time this week eliminating graffiti from the boys' bathroom. Tryonn Anderson: I got choir practice. Scott: You think humor is appropriate in this situation, Mr. Anderson? Harry: Uh, Scott? He really does have choir practice. He's a choirboy.
- Christine: I don't want to wrestle! Kevin: Why? Christine: Look, I enjoyed it at first, but after a while rolling around on the floor with a 200-pound sweating, grunting pig who is trying to physically hurt me - the fun wears off.
- Tyronn: You people don't want to know the truth about nothing! Harry:
- Lauren: Good morning, Scott. Scott: Good morning, Lauren. Are you doing something new with your hair? Lauren: What? Oh, no. I-I just took a shower in the locker room. I guess it hasn't quite dried yet. Scott: Plumbing problems at home? Lauren: No, I-I come in early a couple days a week to use the gym. I mean, it lacks certain amenities, but the-the price is right. [Scott leans in and smells Lauren's hair] Lauren: Oh! Wh-What was that? Scott: I was just smelling your shampoo. I detected tea tree oil. Lauren: Please don't smell me. Scott: My apologies.
- You will be expected to remain clothed at all times during school hours, however.
- For a schoolteacher you have an uncanny ability to get everything wrong.
- Mr. Harper, my name's Denise DeMarcos. You probably don't know me 'cause I don't tag bathroom walls and stuff...
- Harry: Hey Jamal? What do you want to be when you grow up? Jamal [laughing to himself]: Not a teacher. Harry [sarcastically]: Well it seems like you've narrowed it down - not a teacher. You know, as a teacher, it would be inappropriate for me to call you a total screw-up. So what I want you to do is go home and ask your dad, as a favor to me, to tell you you're a total screw up.
- What's wrong with getting a ride if you've got one, huh? What, is there something fun about public transportation?!
- Steven: Look, graduation is in one week. Then you get to go on a long vacation. Marla: Yes, I think of Paris with the seventeen dollars I've got saved up.
- Gun Salesman: It's available in either nine millimeter or forty caliber; does that feel sexy or not? Lauren: I don't plan to make love to it.