Authors Who Tolerate Fan Fiction
Whether an author decides to allow fan fiction of his or her works is entirely up to them. Thankfully, these authors are among the many who allow us all to borrow their ideas. Again, a more complete list is available on Writers University.
- J.K. Rowling - She, in fact, actually encourages it on her official site.
- Kristen Randle - To a limit. As long as it stays within her moral views. Ex. no slash
- Tamora Pierce
- Terry Prachett - Prefers it not be written but will tolerate it.
- Piers Anthony - as long as it's non-profit
- Lois McMaster Bujold
- Anne McCaffrey - No archiving it and only by her guidelines.
- Most anime companies