Feel the LairBeet: Potential Seattle Sites for Demo Submissions/Showcases/Gigs
I want gigs, even unpaid ones, and I'm ready to move forward! Here are some possible spots to submit demos to, sign up for open mikes and regular calendar spots. The listings are separated by "Folk" and "Other" categories, at least for now...
Recognizeable Folk Lairs With Which I Am Familiar
- The Tractor Tavern: Ballard Avenue NW, Ballard.
- Conor Byrne's: 5140 Ballard Avenue NW, Ballard.
- Galway Arms: 5257 University Way NE, U-District.
- Kells Irish Pub/Restaurant: 1916 Post Alley, Downtown
- Mr. Spot's Chai House: 5463 Leary Way, Ballard.
- Murphy's Pub: 1928 N. 45th Street, Wallingford.
- Old Towne Alehouse: 5233 Ballard Avenue NW, Ballard.
- Fado (formerly Tir na nOg): Downtown Seattle.
- Grateful Bread: 7001 35th Avenue NE, Ravenna.
- Irish Emigrant: 5260 University Way NE, U-District.
- Fiddler's Inn: 9219 35th Avenue NE, Ravenna.
- The Dubliner: 3517 Fremont Ave N., Fremont.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Dubliner has relocated to about a block up from its previous location, which was recently demolished. I just got off a bus at the bottom of Fremont Avenue this past Monday night (Feb. 4), and got the shock of the month upon finding a MASSIVE HOLE in the ground the size of a football field, where the Dubliner's old building used to be! Follow this Special LairLink from the Seattle Times for more details.
- Latona Pub: 6423 Latona Avenue NE, Wallingford.
- Owl & Thistle: 808 Post Alley, Pike Place Market
- The Olde Pequliar: 1722 NW Market Street, Ballard.
Other Lairs I Might Like to Lurk In
- The Baltic Room: 1207 Pine Street, Capitol Hill.
- Still Life in Fremont.
- Coffee Messiah: Capitol Hill.
- Art/Not Terminal: Often has music provided at monthly exhibit openings.
- The Milk Bar: NEW All-Ages venue on First Hill.
- **Polestar Music Gallery: New All-Ages venue in Seattle's Central District; 1412 18th Avenue at East Union, Seattle (east of Capitol Hill).
- Old Timer's Cafe: 620 First Avenue, Pioneer Square.
- **The Old Fire House Teen Center: New Club Find!! a/k/a The Redmond Firehouse, 16510 NE 79th Street, Redmond. Attractive and comfy all-ages venue.
- Zig Zag Cafe: 1501 Western Avenue, Elliott Bay/Downtown.
- Agua Verde Cafe: 1303 NE Boat, North Lake Union.
- Last Supper Club: 124 S. Washington, Pioneer Square. Cool website, guys!
- Rock Salt on Latitude 47: 1232 Westlake Avenue N., South Lake Union
- Georgia's Greek Restaurant: 323 NW 85th, Ballard.
- Rainbow Bar & Grill: 722 NE 45th Street, U-District.
- Western and Vine Caribbean Cafe: 2522 Western Avenue, Belltown.
- Blue Moon Tavern: 712 NE 45th Street, U-District.
- Redhook Brewery/Trolleyman Pub: 3400 Phinney Avenue N., Fremont.
- Ridge Pub: 9041 Holman Road NW, North Ballard.
- World of Legends: 4439 35th Avenue SW, West Seattle.
- All American Cafe: 4333 University Way NE, U-District.
- Mona's: 6421 Latona Avenue NE, Wallingford.
- Serafina: 2043 Eastlake Avenue E., East Lake Union.
- Beso del Sol: 4468 Stone Way N., Wallingford.
- Crocodile Cafe: 2200 2nd Avenue, Belltown. Now observing their 10th Anniversary.
- The Paradox Theater: 5510 University Way NE, U-District. Note: Now Relocating.
- Bizzarro Italian Cafe: 1307 N. 46th Street, Wallingford.
- St. Cloud's: 1131 N. 34th, Fremont.
- Bitters Co.: 513 N. 36th, Fremont.
- Cafe Venus/Mars Bar: 609 Eastlake Avenue East, Eastlake.
- Ground Zero Teen Center: 257 100th NE, Bellevue. Cozy little all-ages musical hangout with adjoining game room.
- Victrola Coffee: 411 15th Avenue E., Capitol Hill.
- Zoka Coffee House: 2200 N. 56th, Wallingford.
- Caffe Brazil: 5259 University Way NE, U-District.
- Salumeria: 4918 Rainier Avenue S., South Seattle.
- Greenlake Bar & Grill: 7200 E. Greenlake Drive N., Greenlake.
- Graceland: 109 Eastlake Avenue E., Eastlake.
Return to the LairMusic Index Page.
Return to the Home Lair.