Mesh Warp Tool
by Jeanie Huppert
Notice to all Group
My Terms of Agreement:
If your members can learn and have fun using any of my Tutorials,
Feel free to post a link to your group
Preparation: For this tutorial you will need the Texturizer plugin and a image of your choice
1. Open PSP8
2. Open a image of your Choice --> File-->Open--->Browse to the folder of your images and select the image
3. Shift +D to Duplicate the image.. Close the original for safe keeping
4. Image ---> resize--->Pixel Width: 300
5. Adjust--> Sharpness-->Sharpen
6. Shift +D to duplicate this image. On this Duplicate image, go to Effects--->Reflection Effects--->Pattern and use the following settings and click "OK". Click on the second "eye" to see a preview.. Click on the eye with the lock to keep the Preview setting locked for the future. *New in PSP8* Randomized settings by clicking on the dice :-)
7. Effects---->Image Effects---> Seamless Tiling. Use the following settings. *New in PSP8* Option to "Show tiling Preview and a new window opens for you to check, "Show Original"
8. Select the first duplicated image---> Go to Edit and select, "COPY". Click on the pattern seamless tiling image and go to "Edit----> Paste as a new Layer. This will completely cover the pattern image but we have more to do :-)
9. Image---> Resize---> Select 85 percent and REMOVE the check on "Resize all layers"...Click "OK"
10. Effects---> 3 D Effects--->Drop Shadow -->Use the following settings:
11. Effects---> 3 D Effects---. Use above settings except use -5 for Vertical and Horizontal
12. Layers--> Merge--> Merge All (Flatten)
13. ** New in PSP8** Select the "Mesh Warp" tool
You will see the Grid on the image. Use these settings on the Tools Options palette
We are going to Warp the 4 corners of the image by holding down the left mouse button as we drag the edges from the center to the corner of the image Drag # 1 from center to the left corner ..#2 from center to Right corner..#3 from center to left bottom corner and #4 from Center to Right bottom corner of image.
Once you have completed all 4 corners, Click "Apply" by clicking on the Check" on the "Tools Options Palette" Here is how my image looks at this point.
14. Look at the bottom right corner of the canvas to see the Image size . My image is 300 Width by 225 Height.If you are unable to see this on the bottom right hand corner, go to Image--> Information. We are going to create a new image 1024 X the HEIGHT of your image.
15. While you have your image selected, Go to "Edit--->" select "Copy"
16. File---> New--->Width: 1024 Height: your image height PLUS 20 ( Example 225+20 = 245). Remove the check on TRANSPARENT and you can select a color from the background color of your image . Click "OK"
17. Effects---> Plugins---> Texturizer---> Use the following settings: Texture: Sandstone Scaling: 50% Relief: 2 Light Direction: Top No check on "Invert"--> Click "OK"
18. Edit--->Paste as a New layer. This will paste your 300X ? image on a new layer. use the "Mover" tool to position the image on the Left. Make sure the image is not on the edges.
19. Effects--> 3 D Effects--> Drop Shadow . Use the following settings:
20. Repeat step 19 except use -5 for Vertical and Horizontal
21. Layers---> Merge---> Merge All (flatten) 22. File---> Save as---> Browse to the folder of your choice. Name the file--> save as JPEG--> Click "Save"
Email me for Help
Join The PSPChallege Group
" Without knowledge,We live in Darkness. Yet pursuit of knowledge is only the first step. Unless we apply and share what we have learned as we journey along the road of life, knowledge is useless and the future is lost" Michala al'Ayan