She was married to Frank J. Floming on December 22, 1928. They farmed in the Atkinson and Erie areas until 1955, whey they purchased Duffy’s Tavern in Erie. After her husband’s death in 1962, Mrs. Floming continued to operate the tavern, then known as Don & Marie’s, until retiring in 1972.
She died at Hammond-Henry Hospital in Geneseo in August of 1996 after an extended illness. She was survived by three adult children, 13 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
(Information from Shirley Floming)