E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal website : http://www.solvengineer.com
Other websites : http://mihaipruna.brandyourself.com/
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, New York, NY
Graduate Coursework in Mechanical Engineering, 2009-2010
* Reviewed and presented technical papers in Computational Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer and
* Programmed microcontrollers and built electronic circuits and mechatronic devices.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), Daytona Beach, FL
Master of Aerospace Engineering, December 2004
Areas of Concentration: Aerodynamics and Propulsion; CGPA 3.777/4.0
* Led a team of peers on an assignment to solve supersonic viscous airflow over a flat plate
numerically by developing a CFD code.
* Led a team of undergraduate students designing a centrifugal turbojet engine.
* Wrote 2D/3D, steady and unsteady panel codes.
* Developed genetic algorithms to solve optimization problems.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Summa Cum Laude, April 2003
CGPA 3.978/4.0, Minor in Mathematics
* Tested airfoils and aircraft models in wind tunnels in the Experimental Aerodynamics Lab course.
* Tested various specimens for yield, failure, cracks and hardness in the Materials and
Structures & Instrumentation labs.
* Participated in the preliminary design of a light aircraft. In the detail-design course, led a
team of students designing the window support panels in a business jet using CATIA to
perform Finite Element Analysis, backed by analytic methods learned in Aircraft Structures courses.
Engineering Contract Services
Certificate of Proficiency in Aircraft Stress Analysis, 2007
Programmatic Modeling Connection, LLC , February 2014-present
* Developing PUPI, a visual programming applications toolkit: http://pupi.co
Self, September 2013-present
Computational Aided Engineering Software Consultant
*Developed design, manufacturing and analysis software for Aerospace and AEC clients.
CADNexdus Inc, March 2012-September 2013
* Developed design and analysis software using the CAPRI platform and OpenFOAM CFD toolbox
Thornton Tomasetti Inc, October 2007-July 2009 / June 2010-present
Integration Engineer / Applications Developer
* Developed add-on applications for CAD software packages such as AutoCAD and Revit in C# and Visual Basic under Microsoft .NET.
* Automated Engineering spreadsheets, Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and Word Documents
through Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros.
* Automated the generation of structural and CAD models in CATIA using VBA and computational
* Integrated between various CAD, fabrication and structural modeling software packages by developing
custom translator programs.
* Programmatically data-mined static and dynamic structural analysis results from text and binary files.
* Developed .NET applications to transfer data between databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
* Evaluated CFD software packages for potential use in the AEC industry.
Independent iPhone Developer
* Developed MathFall, an educational Math puzzle game available in the iTunes App store.
Polytechnic Institute of New York University and National Science Foundation, New York, NY
July 2009-May 2010
* Taught C++ and RobotC programming and mentored after-school robotics programs at Boys and
Girls High School in Brooklyn, NY.
* Developed a curriculum for teaching C++ programming at high school level.
* Developed classroom activities using Lego Robotics sensors and other computer-based resources.
Dassault Falcon Jet Corporation, Little Ferry, NJ, January 2005-October 2007
* Assisted with structural repairs on Dassault Falcon aircraft.
* Analyzed damages such as corrosion, dents, cracks and delamination and issued acceptability
statements and repair solutions.
* Coordinated between service centers and Dassault Aviation Headquarters.
ERAU Aerospace Engineering Department, Daytona Beach, FL, September 2003-December 2004
Graduate Teaching Assistant
* Taught the wind tunnel lab portion of the Experimental Aerodynamics for Engineers course and
supervised the operation of the school wind tunnels during class experiments
New Piper Aircraft, Engineering Flight Test, Vero Beach, FL, May 2004-September 2004
Aerodynamics/Performance Engineer Co-op
* Performed flight test data reduction for aircraft certification and development.
* Expanded performance data for future Piper designs and performed drag reduction studies.
* Developed software in Visual Basic for automating cruise regime data expansion for piston-engine
* Acted as flight test engineer on certification, development and maintenance flights.
* Contributed to Type Inspection Reports and performed various flight test administrative duties.
ERAU IT Department, Daytona Beach, FL, September 2000 - April 2003
Computer Lab Assistant
* Supervised one of the University’s computer labs. Answered queries about software packages
installed on lab computers and helped troubleshoot hardware and software malfunctions.
API / SDK / Frameworks: CATIA, Revit, AutoCAD, Tekla, Microsoft .NET, Cocoa, Cocos2D, SQL, ADODB
Engineering Software: CATIA, OpenFOAM, ELMER, GasTurb, NASTRAN, FEMAP, Algor Simulation, Proteus VSM, AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla
Other Software: GIMP, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, 3D Studio Max
50 Hours in light aircraft, soloed.
Passed Private Pilot Airplane written exam.
All-American Scholar Award
Dean’s List and The National Dean’s List
Jim Crane/IOC Endowment Scholarship
ERAU Aerospace Engineering Department Academic Achievement Award
English, Romanian (native), French, Italian, basic Greek
Sigma Gamma Tau National Aerospace Engineering Honor Society, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Work Authorization Status
Green Card holder
References available on request.