Week 1...pg 1328.....Called to Follow Luke 5:1-11
1. One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, with the people crowding around him and listening to the word of God,
2. he saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets.
3. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.
4. When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
5. Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
6. When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.
7. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
8. When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken,
9. and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners.
10. Then Jesus said to Simon,“Don’t be afraid; from now on you will catch men.”
11. So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.
Week 2...pg 1349.....Stepping out of the boat
22. Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd.
23. After he had dismissed then, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone,
24. but the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25. During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.
26. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28. “Lord, if it’s you,” said Peter, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29. “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31. Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt me?”
32. And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
33. When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret. And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country.
34. People brought all their sick to him and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.
Week 3...pg 1352.....Peter's Confession of Christ
Chapter 14 Jesus Walks on Water
22. And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
23. And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
24. But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
25. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid."
28. And Peter answered him and said, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water".
29. And he said, "Come" .And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, "Lord, save me".
31. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt"?
32. And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33. Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
For weeks 4 & 5, please link here
For weeks 6 & 7, please link here
Weeks 6 & 7
Previous studies, click on eyes below
Our favorite verses link here