Turning Negatives into Positives & Dare to be a Disciple
Turning Negatives into Positives
1. From Fear to FaithJudges 6:11-16,20-24,33-35; 7:19-21
Lesson Bible Truth: Faith in God enables believers to overcome their fears.
2. From Depression to Hope1 Kings 19:1-8,9-12, 15-16
Lesson Bible Truth: Believers are not immune to depression, but God can lead them through depression to hope.
3. From Failure to PurposeJohn 18:15-18,25-27; 21:15-22
Lesson Bible Truth: God understands that people fail, forgives them, and restores them to usefulness.
4. From Loneliness to Fellowship1 Samuel 22:1-5Psalm 142:1-7
Lesson Bible Truth: In times of loneliness, believerrs can be assured by God's presence, attentiveness, and provision of caring people.
Dare to be a Disciple
1. Jesus' Authority to Call DisciplesMark1:1-13
Lesson Bible Truth: Jesus has authority to call people to be His disciples.
2. The Call for Obedient Response Mark 1:16-20; 2:13-14; 3:13-19
Lesson Bible Truth: Jesus' authoritative call to discipleship demands prompt response, total commitment to Him, and readiness to work with His other disciples.
3. The Call to Difficult DiscipleshipMark 2:3-7,18-20: 8:14-21
Lesson Bible Truth: Jesus calls people to a demanding way of life that can be lived only in complete dependence on His presence and strength.
4. The Call to ServiceMark 5:18-20; 6:6-13,30-31
Lesson Bible Truth: Jesus' call to discipleship is a call to serve Him through serving people in His name.
***End of Session***