Making a Difference/Getting the Job Done
1st Session-Pursuits- Fall 1998
Topic: Making a Difference
1. Staying Focused on God's Promises Numbers 13:40,14:6-9,24Joshua 14;7-14
Lesson Bible Truth: Believers make a difference in their world when they stay focused on God's promises.
2. Speak Helpful Words2Kings 5:1-152Kings 5:1-27
Lesson Bible Truth: The helpful words we speak can make a difference in people's lives.
3. Promote the FaithActs 181-4,18,19,24-26Romans 16:3-4Corinthians 16:19
Lesson Bible Truth: Christians make a difference when they are involved in promoting the faith.
4. Tackle Tough Situations2Corinthians 7:6-9,13-15,8:6,16-17,23Titus 1:5,10-11; 2:15; 3:14
Lesson Bible Truth: Believers make a difference when they deal with tough situations in biblical ways.
New Topic: Getting the Job Done
1. Understanding the JobNehemiah 1:1-6,11; 2:1-8
Lesson Bible Truth:God reveals to each believer the job He wants them them to do.
2. Start WellNehemiah 2:12,15-20: 3:1-2, 22-23
Lesson Bible Truth: A good start in a God-given job involves analysis, enlistment, faith and organization.
3. Overcome OppositionNehemiah 4:1-3,6-12,14,19-20,23
Lesson Bible Truth: God helps people of faith overcome opposition to work He has given them to do.
4. Resolve Internal ProblemsNehemiah 5:1-1
Lesson Bible Truth: God helps people of faith resolve internal problems that threaten the work He gave them to do.
5. Celebrate a Job Well DoneNehemiah 6:15-16; 12:27-31,38,40-41,43,44-47
**End of our first session**