NOTES OF STEELE: To Remington, From Laura

By: Lisa Ann Richardson

E-mail: lar01@gnofn.org

First printed: More Red Holt Steele #11

Summary: What did Laura’s letter to Remington in “Sensitive Steele” say?

Disclaimer: This “Remington Steele” story is not-for-profit and is purely for entertainment purposes. The author and this site do not own the characters and are in no way affiliated with “Remington Steele,” the actors, their agents, the producers, MTM Productions, the NBC Television Network or any station or network carrying the show in syndication, or anyone in the industry.

--------------------------------------

His best qualities? God, where am I supposed to begin? I could say his persistence. He'll chase after something until he gets it. I guess that includes me.

His kindness. Why does he hide his heart under a lot of smart remarks and innuendoes? He's got to be the kindest, most loving soul I know. He cares about the ones society either forgets or doesn't care about--like Jackie Crawford. He's definitely a survivor. Looking at his childhood, I don't know how he overcame half of what he went through.

He likes people for what they are, not for what he can make them, not like most of the people in my life. I remember when Wilson came to see me because of that body in the winery. All I can see is his face when I told him about the fan dance in Acapulco. Most men would have run screaming in the opposite direction, like Wilson did. He stayed because he liked finding out I could be so out there. He stayed on and gave up another life to become my Remington Steele. Everything he's done in the past few years, he's done for me. Few people have ever done that for me.

His best quality could be his laugh (he makes me laugh a lot), his heart, his sense of fun. I could lose myself in his eyes. They look like the Pacific.

For someone who never stayed in one place for too long, he's been there for me more times that I can count. Like the time my house burned down. He was all I had. Even Murphy was gone. If he would of ask, I’d have said yes, just so I could forget I lost everything. Everything except him. He didn't ask. I never thanked him. I'm thanking you now, Mr. Steele.

Remington Steele, I think I could fall in love with you. I think I have. I just need to know where I stand.

--Laura

END