Many individuals and organizations did something to celebrate Ulrichs' birthday, even if it was placing a link to the CELEBRATION 2000 site. Can you find yourself? Friends? Want to be added to the list of those who remember? Just do it! Send your URL (web address). These link pages were created as a way of saying thanks to everyone for participating! Links to Ulrichs' pages are colored red.
- September 11, 2001: Gay Victims & Heroes: Memorial to the Gays and Lesbians affected by the events of September 11, 2001
Massimo Consoli (Rome): Since 1988, Massimo Consoli holds a ceremony at Ulrichs' grave in L'Aquila every August 28 -- on Ulrichs' birthday. Massimo is one of the founders of the Gay Movement in Italy. He is an accomplished author of several books on the history of the Gay Movement, AIDS, and of homosexuality.
Queer Horror: This link gives you the oldest known queer horror stories (including Ulrichs' "Manor" from his Sailor Stories). Webmaster Dave Doyle is a graduate in computer science; he's also a sweet guy.
Roberto Massari Editore: One of Max Consoli's publishers; issued Affetti Speciali (Special Affections), Max's unique history of the Italian Gay Movement in the form of an autobiography; and Independence Gay, a pithy and concise history of the world Gay Movement in a cultural context. Both in Italian; both excellent reading.
- Androphile: The World History of Male Love: Culture; Library; Museum; Symposium: Our purpose here is to gather from every continent the art and myths of male love
- Gay History: gayhistory.com is an introduction to the stories and the people of modern gay history (1700-1973), including a biography of Ulrichs
LA VITA E BELLA: Lyman Hardy's Homepage. Lyman translated the Ulrichs' webpage into French and Spanish, and he translates Ulrichs' books into French and Spanish. He grew a Karl Heinrich Ulrichs Wildflower Garden.
- ONE Institute & Archives: The International Gay and Lesbian Heritage/Research Center. Formed in 1952, ONE is the oldest ongoing Gay/Lesbian organization in the Western Hemisphere
- Rainbow Amateur Radio
- Ulrichs' page on Jörg Hutter's Homepage
- Schwules Museum (Gay Museum Berlin)
Leather Men Düsseldorf: We're a Leather / Motorcycle Club
- Michael (Bray's) web site
- CHANGING ONES: Will Roscoe's Home Page: Over the past two decades, I've been on an odyssey seeking the answers to questions central to the meaning of being queer today
Homosexual Roman Activists (ORA): The Tough Guys! Il gruppo Omosessuali Romani in Azione (ORA) nasce con lo scopo prioritario di sostenere, attraverso iniziative non violente
- Queer Resources Directory
Harvey Milk Institute: HMI is a non-profit 501(c)3 community-based educational organization
- University of Central Florida GLBSU
DEGEL DU GENRE: "The Thawing of Gender." We're interested in questions of gender with regard to male and female homosexuality
Renaissance Transgender Association: to provide the very best comprehensive education and caring support to Transgendered individuals
- Alpha Lambda Tau
Fondazione Sandro Penna: Foundation for historical and cultural studies about homosexuality (Turin, Italy)
- Nate's Home Page
- Têtu Magazine
World Pride Roma: EVENT ORGANIZING ASSOCIATION Circolo di Cultura Omosessuale Mario Mieli
Return to Top of Page
Return to Memory Book Table of Contents
Return to Celebration
September 11, 2001: Gay Victims & Heroes