We suggest that you do not directly add or remove columns to this layout, as you may accidentally "freeze" the page so that it no longer resizes. Instead, delete the page template content then place your cursor in the main content area. Go to Table / Select Table, You can then delete the main table and insert your own containing the number of rows and/or columns you need.
Adding New Pages:
1. Copy an existing Page: This is useful if you have inserted a logo graphic and made other layout changes that you want to apply to all the new pages that you are creating. Open a page that has the layout the way you want it, then go to File/Save As. Save the page under a new name and save the page title as well. Then go to Navigation View and drag your new page into the navigation structure. We have created newpage1.htm for this purpose.
2. Create a new page template: Open newpage.htm and then click File/Save As. From the dropdown choose FrontPage Template (.tem). This will add a new page template to your available templates.
Changing Page Names:
The page names which appear on the page banner can be changed from within the Navigation view. Just right-click on the page and select Rename. Type in the name you wish to appear on the page banner.
Editing Your Pages:
To edit each page, simply delete our text and replace it with your own. Work carefully so that you do not drag or move any edges of table cells. If you accidentally move a "dotted line", click on the "Undo" icon and begin again. We recommend that you test your changes frequently by going to File > Preview in Browser.
You may create hyperlinks which jump to places on the same page, called Bookmarks, as we've done on this page. First, create the places that you will jump to. Go to Insert/ Bookmark, then type a one-word description of the section you are jumping to. Then, create the hyperlink that will jump to that bookmark. Begin like any other hyperlink, but use the drop-down bookmark menu to select the bookmark you will jump to.
Creating Email Links:
Creating an email link is easy. In fact, if you type out the email address, FrontPage will usually automatically turn it into a hyperlink.
If you wish to hyperlink some other word, phrase, or graphic, highlight the words, or image you want to link and right click on it then choose Hyperlink to bring up the hyperlink dialog box. Then either click on the "Email" button, or type in "mailto:email@..." into the URL box.
You can set the properties of thumbnails which will apply to thumbnails that you will create using Auto Thumbnail, not to thumbnails you have already created. On the Tools menu, click Page Options, and then click the Auto Thumbnail tab. Do one or more of the following:
• In the Set list, click the option you want to use for specifying a size, then in the Pixels box, enter the value in pixels.
• Select Border thickness to specify a border, and then in the Pixels box, enter the value in pixels.
• Click the Beveled edge check box if you want the graphic to be beveled.
Like the double-border on the photos? Right-click on your photo and select picture properties. In the dialog box that appears, click on the Style button. In that window, type in the word "imagecatalog" (without the quotes) in the class area. Easy! The classes "imageleft" and "imageright" are also used for the photos that float to either side of the page.