"Decora, Honora, Vera; Sapientia, Scientia, Praestantia"
Not narrowly crammed into the "job-specific" box,
but a broad-spectrum, diversely proficuous and holistically complex-adaptive factotum.
Extirpatrix of Solecism
Cedulously assiduous, I was reared to the beat of Rudyard Kipling's "If," of course, taking "man" and "son" in their neuter sense! I'm a teacher/multiculturalist linguist/event planner/writer/ translator/editor/project and production assistant/caterer/private eye/witty, urbane poetess, studying to be a notary /paralegal/ Webmistress and constantly aspiring to be worthy of the sobriquet,"walking encyclopedia." As we say in Appalachia,"Why, bless your heart, hit airn't a-braggin' iffen ye kin prove it." Let me show you.
What do you need?
Click on anything underlined to learn more.
- English and Accent Reduction to Get Ahead Where You Didn't Grow Up?
- Literate Translation of Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, or Some Other Language?
- A Professional Band or an Event Pulled Off with Aplomb and Grace?
- An Old-fashioned Governess to Civilize your Progeny and Inculcate Honour, Duty, Grace, Wisdom, Knowledge, and Excellence?
- A Personal Assistant to Deal with the Minutiae that Are Bogging You Down?
- Etiquette, Protocol or Grammar Advice when You Are Feeling a Bit Inappropriate?
- Someone Checked Out Before You Take a Big Step?
- Research into Whatever Legal, Moral, Ethical, Scientific, Political, Historical, etc. Questions Keep You up Nights?
- Proofreading & Editing Those Vital Documents You Have Read and Revised Until You Can't See Straight?
- A Tasteful, Analytical, Strategic, Well-spoken, Well-bred, Well-read, Multilingual, Multicultural, Multitasking, Multifaceted, Multitalented, Knowledgeable, Curious, Observant, Hospitable, Politically Savvy, Southern Lady to Represent You to Your Clients?
Having been taught that boredom was a sin, I avoid it like the plague through constant study and self-improvement.
Description of my perfect job:
My ideal job would be permanent and stable, offering advancement and salary commensurate with outstanding performance, but fastpaced and broad-spectrum, involve international contact, negotiation, persuasion, research, writing, and editing, a great deal of travel and the opportunity to expand and exercise my heuristic, complex-adaptive mind. I would like to be in charge of troubleshooting, setting up systems, maintaining efficiency and streamlining. I am an INTJ personality which means that I am good at rapid, alternative problem solving. As a rare female INTJ, I tend to be better than my male counterparts at working cooperatively and developing consensus. I combine the creativity and critical thinking skills of a liberal arts education with the practical knowledge of experience in a wide variety of situations and the pursuit of a technical degree. Additionally, I combine assiduity, coping and problem solving skills and maturity with creativity, sponteneity and a willingness and ability to learn, divine, and try new approaches. In addition to a high I. Q., I also possess an "outstanding" E. Q. In the interest of cutting the number of people on your payroll, an eclectic person might be more diversely proficuous. Interest and aptitude tests suggest I would be equally good at
- Pundit, Political Commentator
- Editor, proofreader, copymarker: grammar, rhetoric, writing, research, edit, publish news
- Broadcast news analyst: research, analysis, synthesis, public speaking
- Consulting, Business Services, Politics, Diplomat, Lobbyist: evaluate, influence
- News Reporting: gather, write, send information
- English, ESL, or Cultural Area Studies Professor: cultural sensitivity, research, teaching, writing
- Creative Entertainment: imagination; spontaneous
- Legal and Related: practice of law; judges, lawyers
- Radio, TV Announcing/Anchorperson: poise, vocabulary, delivery
- Sales (esp. Engineering regarding Technical Markets and Customers): influence, imagination, teaching
- Arts/Entertainment Managing: creativity, influence
- Supervisory and instructive: teach/manage service classes
- Kindergarten, Elementary Education: teach, nurture
- Event-planning, Catering, Project/Site Management
- Poet, Performance Artist
- Research, Investigation, Social Science, Psychology
I have always had a full time and 2 or more part time jobs. I want just one full time, longterm, job with clean working conditions and room for expansion.
Jobs I would like to have:
- Managing a coffee shop/gallery/book store/community theater
- Running a home/school for gifted & talented twins/siblings in foster care
- Aide-de-camp, Executive Assistant, etc. power-behind-the-throne detail man job
- Corporate trainer/hiring manager
- Traveling about installing and training people to use software packages.
- Planning & setting up seminars and workshops for a professional organization
- Political/international affairs researcher/commentator on CNN (post-PhD in Latin American Studies)
- QA investigator
- Small town librarian (post-MLS)
- Professional ESL Instructor (post-NLP/SLP training)
Jobs I would never do or do not care to have again:
- Anything to do with insurance companies in any capacity.
- Cleaning toilets in a flophouse for transvestite prostitutes.
- Teaching in public schools or prisons (in order of least preference).
Take Free Career Test personality tests by similarminds.com
Career Inventory Test Results
|Extroversion ||||||||||||||||| ||50% |
|Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||73% |
|Orderliness ||||||||||||||||||||||| ||70% |
|Altruism ||||||||||||||||||||||| ||70% |
|Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||90% |
| | You are a Guide, possible professions include - career counselor, psychologist, educational/training consultant, librarian, artist, playwright, novelist/poet, editor/art director, information-graphics designer, HRM manager, merchandise planner, marketer, job analyst, mental health counselor, dietitian/nutritionist, research, architects, interpreter/translator.
Assertive, systematic, investigtive thinking, artistically creative, enterprisingly persuasive
Using Your Abilities
Aesthetics – Beauty
Creativity - Self Expression
Risk - Adventure
Setting Your Own Schedule
Contact with Public
Power - Authority
Prestige - Status
Employee Benefits & Perks
Clean Aesthetic Environment
Compensation – Pay/Salary
Variety - Change
Artistic (Creators) - Your Score: High
Artistic types are often thought of as original and creative by others. Such people enjoy expressing themselves in artistic ways such as acting, dancing, creating music or visual art, or by expressing their ideas either through discussion or debate.
Enterprising (Persuaders) - Your Score: High
Enterprising types are people-oriented. They like to talk to, influence and persuade others. They are confident, adventurous, assertive and show leadership.
Investigative (Thinkers) - Your Score: High
Investigative types enjoy the challenge of problem solving in mathematics, technology, and sciences, and the abstract and practical ideas related to these areas. Applied science, such as engineering, technology or computer science may also be of interest to them. They can be technically creative.
Willingness to Travel: Up to 100%
Career Level: Mid Career & Ready for High Gear (33 years of experience--They start us young in Tennessee.)
Thank you for visiting my page at Angelfire.
Y'all come back, now, y'hear!
Free enneagram test
Just for fun!
"What's in YOUR name?"
Report a problem. | Learn how to install this code on your site.