THE PASSENGER PIGEON
- It had a size of a small domestic pigeon but with longer layered tail.
- The crown of its head and back are dark grey in color, spotted with black
- Pointed wings (suitable for fast flight)
- Flight speed can reach up to 60 to 70 miles per hour.
- Its breast, throat and the front of
its belly are chestnut brown, the belly and the undertail-coverts are white.
- They eat acorn, oak, seeds of beech, chestnut, maple, elm and other
- They also eat fruits and berries.
- On top of that, they also eat angleworms, snails, caterpillars and other
How they became extinct:
- Extensive hunting and the disappearance of their habitat.
- The proximate cause were Newcastle disease and the breakdown of social