THE CARIBBEAN MONK SEA
- Small, the male is about 2.1 to 2.4 meters long and the female is slightly
- Upper part of the body is brown, tinged with gray and the under parts are
pale yellow or yellowish white.
- Naked soles and palms.
- Pubs weight about 16 to 18kg and about 1meter long.
How it became extinct:
- They are caught by fishers by the hundreds and slaughtered.
- Due to their nature of being easily approachable and unagressive, sailors
whalers and fishers kills them as they are encountered.
- They are also killed by museum collectors.