General Rules For Street Legal Classes
• Puller must reside within 35 miles radius of the Harford County Farm Fair (608 N. TOLLGATE ROAD BELAIR, MD) and have a valid drivers license to drive.
• All contestants must drive vehicle to the pull and onto track and into position to compete under its own power and must leave track under its own power unless for breakage.
All pulls must start with a tight chain; no jerking of any kind is permitted. Vehicle must remain within boundaries of the track or the puller will be disqualified.
• Driver must wait for a green flag from flagman to start and must stop immediately when signaled with the red flag from the flagman. Failure to comply will result in immediate disqualification.
• All pulls must start with a tight chain; no jerking of any kind is permitted. Vehicle must remain within boundaries of the track or the puller will be disqualified.
• Puller will be allowed a total of two attempts within the 75 ft. mark to start the sled. Test puller may drop to sixth position.
• Hitch must be stationary and rigid in all directions.
• Any vehicle that is running must have a driver in the seat.
• All vehicles must be equipped with a fire extinguisher.
• No Nitrous Oxide or system components on any vehicle
• Seat belts are required and must be worn during the competition.
• NO PASSENGERS OR RIDERS IN OR ON REGISTERED PULLING VEHICLE AT ANYTIME IN THE PITS OR ON THE TRACK WHILE VEHICLE IS MOVING. (EXCLUDING VEHICLE'S DRIVER)
• All vehicles must have a hydraulic braking system on at least two wheels and be capable of stopping the vehicle easily.
• All open body vehicles must have at least a 4 point roll bar fastened directly or indirectly to the frame.
• Vehicles must have a solid firewall and floor. Only holes allowed are those for brakes, clutch, transmission controls and wiring.
• No fuel tanks, fuel lines, or batteries allowed in cab or vehicle unless factory installed. If a fuel cell is used to replace original gas tank, it must be securely mounted in the bed. Modified gas class may have batteries in cab if they are securely mounted and enclosed in a metal box.
• No weights are allowed in cab.
• All vehicles in the pit areas must be operated in a safe manner at all times. No reckless Driving, spinning of tires, etc.. Pit and Staging area speed limit is 5 m.p.h. PLEASE LEAVE TRACK IN A SAFE, RESPECTABLE MANNER AFTER YOU HAVE PULLED!!!! NO HOT RODDING OR SPINNING OF TIRES! FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
• Any contestant or pit crew member that has consumed or posses any alcoholic beverage, drugs or any intoxicating agent before, during or after the competition will be disqualified and removed from the fairgrounds. Drivers will be responsible for the actions of their crew!
• Aberrant behavior towards any track official or other contestant will be cause for disqualification and removal from premises.
• If any vehicle or driver is disqualified no refund of entry fee will be given.
• Truck and/or driver may only enter once per class.
• Judges reserve the right to change any safety rule or rules if they feel necessary.
• Operators must wear shirts, long trousers, and shoes (preferably leather).
• REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 12:00PM SHARP, NO EXCEPTIONS!
• All drivers must attend drivers meeting ½ hr. before event starts.
• Tech. inspection area closes ½ hr. before event starts
• Track Officials will have the option to check competitors for weight and rule violations at any time during the event. Contest will be governed by track officials and competition director with all decisions final.
• Protest Rules: A protest must be in written form and signed. Submitted to the competition director along with a $200.00 protest fee deposit. The protest will then be discussed by pull officials. If vehicle or contestant are found to be in violation of rules that entry will be disqualified and the deposit reimbursed to the protestor. Otherwise the protest deposit will be donated to the Harford County Farm Fair, Inc.
• COMPETITION DIRECTORS DECISION IS ALWAYS FINAL!
• ALL OPERATORS AND CREW MEMBERS PULL AT THEIR OWN RISK. THERE IS NO WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OF PERSONAL SAFETY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY. EVENT OFFICIALS, HARFORD COUNTY FARM FAIR, INC. AND ASSOCIATES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE BEYOND THEIR CONTROL. EACH OWNER/OPERATOR MUST SIGN A HOLD HARMLESS WAIVER WHEN REGISTERING
RULES FOR STREET LEGAL GAS & STREET LEGAL DIESEL TRUCK CLASS
*When in doubt: Everything must be STREET LEGAL!!!
1. Weight Classes: 7,000 lb. Gas Trucks only 8,000 lb. Diesel Trucks only
2. Weight may be added in the bed of the truck only and must be securely fastened.
3. Engine must be stock. Judges decision is final!
4. Headers Allowed, must have street legal exhaust system.
5. Computer chips are allowed.
6. Suspension may not be blocked.
7. Must be licensed and inspected for state truck is registered in.
8. No bumpers of excessive weight. Snow plow frames (must be operational) and factory built winch bumpers are acceptable as long as they do not add excessive weight.
9. Aluminum Intake and one four barrel carb. allowed. No high rise, ram or cross ram intakes.
10. Must pull from a Reese style hitch. Max height 24" & must have a 3" hole or a twisted clevis horizontal to the ground.
11. Body, hood, bed and fenders must meet OEM specifications. Flat beds must be street legal. Beds must have full floor. All window glass must be in place. Doors and windows must function up and down. No Plexiglas windows.
12. Engine and radiator must be in original location as intended by manufacturer. Fan shrouds required.
13. Tires must be street legal tires with a DOT number on the sidewall. Tread pattern may not be altered by cutting. Dual rear tires may be used in competition.
14. Wheelbase of truck must be original wheelbase for the body being used.
15. Gasoline only /Diesel only. All forms of nitro, alcohol and propane are illegal as a fuel or additive.
16. Highly recommended that driver wear a D.O.T approved helmet.
Street Legal Registration
Sunday, August 1, 2010
PULL BEGINS AT 1:00PM!
Please send the following information and email to A4Mil@aol.com You will be contacted to confirm entry.
There will be a cut off after each class limit is reached. Those who register after the limit is reached will be notified, placed on a waiting list and advised of any openings. Promoter and Head Official will determine order of classes.
You must arrive, sign the waiver, registration record and pay the $20 hook fee at the pull on August 1, 2010. Please read and follow the rules! Please arrive around 10:00 AM to register and obtain inspection.
|Date of Birth:_____________________||Email:______________________|
Class: (choose one) Street Legal Gas or Street Legal Diesel
Comments about your truck: