Marylebone was opened on the 27th March 1907 as 'Great Central'. The name was changed to what it is now on the 15th April 1917.
Found inside the Chiltern Railways station concourse, there are escalators leading down to two single platforms via low level passageways and staircases.
Because of bomb damage during the second world war it was decided to build a temporary office within Marylebone station. Escalators connected the platform passageways and the same arrangement exists today.
The original street level building was located on the junction of Harewood Avenue and Harewood Row. This building was demolished in February 1971. The original station was served by lift and the passageway can be seen today from a locked door.
Just click on the image for a larger picture.
Door leading to lift landing