- 1994- Apple enters the on-line service market by announcing eWorld.
- HP becomes a Taligent partner and buys 15% from Apple and IBM.
- MCI invests $1.3B in Nextel Communications, a wireless service provider.
- Macintoshes using the PowerPC start shipping.
- Intel introduces the 486DX4 clock-tripling microprocessor.
- Aldus and Adobe agree to merge in a transaction worth $525M and will form a $0.5B+ software company.
- Novell says it will acquire WordPerfect for $1.14B and will buy Borland's Quattro Pro for $145M.