Fortress Enders: Last
The Fortress Enders Campaign accepts the concept of a landrush between
assumed canon. The region between Vargr Extents, the Regency and
Restored Vilani Empire is a rough war torn sector of sophonts
attempting to pull
themselves out of chaos.
During the Rebellion, all Depot's received severe damage. The Enders
system had just completed the first of a new round of Depot upgrades
commissioned by the Emperor.
This was not to be made public until Emperor Stephon Aelia Alkhalikoi
returned from Depot
Corridor to Capital, after a brief stop at his vacation home.
suffered heavily as a frontline fortress and it had not been upgraded to
the latest Depot defense features.
The Domain of Deneb in their effort to "Keep the
Flame" began to shake off the tedious traditions of nobility. By
blaming the nobles and
reinventing the government, the
Regency had transformed into something else, as did it's Depot with
it. The great Vargr Kingdoms are gone but troubled upstarts are
attempting to become established in the new order while holding off
rivals. The Restored Vilani Empire collapsed under Virus assaults to a
few worlds. Now it continuously works to build allies
of the smaller kingdoms but the Regency. And where its least
Virus has grabbed a foothold not claiming allegiance to anything, except
perhaps the Black Curtain, or Black Empire as Virus calls it.
Adventure of Fortune's Child
101-1212: The adventures became familiar with their homeworld, Depot
Prime, in the Enders system. We have extensive maps of the
starport, depot and system. And familiarity with the Commonwealth
Have Ship, Will Merc
- Kile Ransom (Frank) took command of the StarMerc ship, Fortune's
months ago. He served on it for a couple years and the captain
was retiring. The Bank of Enders quickly backed the purchase
except for the need to find partners to complete the buy out the
ship. Otherwise, the bank would own a significant portion of the
mortgage. The Bank has a tendency to want multiple owners on merc
- Over the 3 months he's found Jaz Nazdyth, who brought in a
friend, Jessie Burton. They have 3 equal shares of the vessel and
profits. The crew was filled out but a need for
merchant brought Alfonso Mcgee. Now they only had the
budget left for 1 more pilot. Although, the crew could be
composed of another 28 mercenaries and a couple more pilots.
- The players and crew checked out the ship and got here ready for
getting the last bugs controllable. Basic supplies and weapons
- Jak (Jamie) decided to explore the inner workings of TAS. He found
and was urged to hire fighter pilot Beth Conners . They took one
of the ship's
fighters for a spin around the planet.
- Jak inquires about his friend Jessie, whose been in his cabin
extremely sick. Doc Wilson says that he'll be ok in a day or two and
only a flu bug.
- Alfonso (Jim) went with the Ursa Monk, Ugla Woods, to a bar,
Star's End, but ended up in the sickbay for a couple days after getting
into a bar fight with 4 marines. Urga didn't mean to hit Alfonso
but he was preaching to the Marines...they weren't listening so...
- Lt Commander Ransom met up with Rear Admiral Gear, his
old commander. He was sent to the offices of the First Citizen where a
tasty project was being hired. Deep under the capital, the
beautiful First Citizen decides to offer Ransom the opportunity to help
her out of problem. He was offered an important "smash and grab"
assignment outside of the bounds of the Commonwealth. The crew is
traveling to Strand to recover a Kinunir class ship, the Luuru. It
took part in the attack on the Depot Corridor' gas giant station over
years ago and disappeared with a highly sensitive cargo. It would be
horrific if this cargo fell into Virus hands. Ransom is offered
the standard Merc rate plus salvage rights.
- First Citizen is interrupted by the defense grid activating. A
Virus ship is attempting to break through and infect the planetary
network. Ransom watches as 5 DMG sites activate on the monitors
and an orbiting Vicious class capital ship is sent to intercept.
The DMGs make short work of the vessel completely obliterating it.
- After discussing Ransom's record, First Citizen shares her
not-so-secret, secret with Ransom. She is left over from before
the war, an Imperium Avatar responsible for the complete defense of
Depot Prime, the Enders System and the Strand Commonwealth.
- Ransom gets back to the ship and announces the exciting
mission. A fuel grav tanker truck shows up and replaces all of
the vessels fuel with Superfuel. Ransom orders the ship's
departure after review a couple systems problems. A quite trip to
jump point results in only passing a maneuvering
Naval Squadron. At the jump gate, they are informed that the costs of
using the gate are deferred for this trip by the compliments of First
Citizen. A jump gate saves the use of 1/2 the outbound fuel.
- While in jump space, Ransom, Jak and crew plan their boarding of
the Luuru. Alfonso( Al) begins practicing his efforts in self
defense with the merc ship's troops. Sgt "Piper" begins teaching
Al self defense techniques.
- Fortune's Child precipitates from Jump Space in the Vigh system.
Half of their journey to Strand begins by a nearly immediate, active
sensor scan. The vessel identifies herself as the Battlestar Galactica.
A new TL 16 ship of the line for the Commonwealth. It demands that
Fortune's Child stands down for immediate inspection and
boarding. With all the trouble in the bordering worlds Ransom
quickly agrees and meets the Lieutenant and 6 battle dress ready marines
at the air-lock.
- After checking the papers the Lieutenant is given a brief tour of
the ship. He informs the crew to be on their way. Everything
checked out this vessel didn't appear to have Virus, Vargr or
- Fortune's Child activates the Jump Drive and continues on her way
to Strand. Continuing with strategizing and maintenance on the way.
- Precipitating from Jump Drive at systems edge didn't allow them
to go undetected. A 400t Vargr Corsair is seen one and a half
days out. Further investigation discovers that the Corsair is
actually three corsairs.
- Ransom has the crew running silent until a laser
communications makes some suggesting on avoiding the three patrol
ships. One day later they meet up with the Loraine, a Commonwealth
The crew member, Ian,
comes onboard and identifies
himself as the only Commonwealth friend for several
parsecs. Jak soon determines that Ian is a contact from his
old Scouting days.
Ian originally identified the Luuru and informed Vigh Rangers service
that the derelict vessel had been found.
118, at 3pm
- The Vargr have traced the point of entry in into the system and
now are searching for the new vessel.
- Ian has the two ships sailing close to the asteroid field to mast
their signatures. Within 1/2 day he's found the Luuru again. And is
invited to join the boarding party.
- Beth Conners flies the Kestel2 combat lander into dangerous part
field. The grid power coil burns out during a jarring maneuver
and the combat lander looses all power. Ransom and Ian quickly jury rig
the vessel together...several times.
- Beth swings around the very dented Kinunir colonial cruiser
examining the exterior. A few weapons and asteroid impact points dot
the hull. Severe bottom damage is the most notable issue.
Beth slides past several asteroid impacts and rotates. The landers
bottom slides across the Luuru's bottom for a turn.
- The Luuru has been gently nudged into a less active point on the
asteroid belt where she can be safely boarded.
- Kile tethers to the Luuru and Ian slides across to the rear top
deck hatch of the Luuru. Rigging power to the locking mechanism allowed
him to open the out hatch. When everyone was in the airlock and
the outer hatch was closed, Ian opens the inner hatch and no air enters
the lock. The deck is decompressed vacuum.
- The adventurers find several useful items;.
- The secondary bridge is intact but weapons fire could be seen
throughout the ship.
- Al grabs a 1110 bottle of wine produced in Core from the
observation deck bar, a laser blast had left the liquor cabinet
- A suffocated, dead marine in a grav/APC, otherwise A deck is
clear of dead,
- A drop capsule is missing from the Marine DC Bay,
- plenty of weapons fire damage throughout the ship,
- On the way, to the bridge they see the computer room nearly
completely destroyed. The bridge has been opened to space by weapons
- Deck C has an atmosphere. The boarding party finds filters and
air tester in sick bay. Its stale, tainted but breathable.
- In the boat deck the find the Pinance completely intact. A few
minutes work and Ian has the power plant fired up and sort of
working. They use the
power feed for the boat bay to feed power back into the ship.
- Ian opens the iris entering engineering. Kile enters finding a
large pedestal with a shinny globe sitting ontop. The black sphere is
sharp looking after all of these decades. The vessels original
black globe is still intact,
- A few minutes working on the power grid allows small amounts of
EP to various
ships systems. The Luuru's powerplant does not look stable enough to
start. Ian begins to look uncomfortable or nervous as he provides power
to air filtering and iris controls.
- The ship essentially look bruised but clean. It looks like they
were not taken by surprise.
- They enter deck E and the Cargo Hold via the elevator. The
first thing they see are 4 dead Vargr floating off the deck.
- Their are also 10 crates in the hold;
- One meets the description
of the 2.3t storage container they were looking to find. It
appears to be properly sealed.
- There is also
a 7m crate that makes Ian more uncomfortable. He quickly opens it to
an operational, emergency 1-person lowberth. A quick test
determines that its still occupant is alive after 90 years.
- Sgt "Piper" McDonnell sees that one of the other
1-ton crates was already opened. The Sgt pulls it open again to find an
- The combat lander pushes Luruu from the asteroid field while
the FC's crew rigs lines for moving people and cargo between the two
ships. After reviewing the damage they decide to bring Luuru to
Strand for basic repairs before attempting a minimal, mated jump. They
begin rigging the two vessels together for re-entry. Four hours until
the 4 corsairs catch up with the FC.
- Kile organizes the crew into moving the storage container,
lowberth, warbot, armor and weapons to the FC.
- Luuru and FC maneuvered towards Strand as the crew finishes the
preparations for a mated, gravitic landing. Ian on the Ranger's
Serpent class Scout determines the corsairs have changed direction and
should be at the planet 1 1/2 hours after them. He also identified a
jump point energy signature about 8 hours away. They appear to be a
2,000t and 600t vessel.
- Kile and Jak attempt to land the mated ships while Lisa
assists. The scout and combat lander fly shotgun should any sort of
interceptors attempt to intervene.
- Difficulties occur during landing and Kile changes the
estimated touch down location, in the old starport, when he realizes
that half of it was nuked. Without agility he hits hard in a standard
Imperium Landing Bay blowing the hydraulics on the FC.
- Efforts are made to checkout the area. Marines look in
surrounding bays and main buildings while fighters fly recon.
They all take cover as the corsairs enter orbit.
- Doc Wilson revives the person in the Emperor class Low Berth. He finds a
lovely woman, Anna. She begins recovering quickly as Kile and Jak begin to question her. Its
fairly clear that she's of noble
birth and was being protected from the battle by putting her in a low
- According to Anna her ship was involved in smash and grab
operations with a fleet and participated in the raid on Depot's Gas
Giant Station. They would then leave some of the materials
captured in Caches' on various planets.
- They had just completed setting up a Cache on Strand when the
Luuru is separated from the fleet and cornered by several
Corsairs. All Corsairs and the crew of the Luuru were lost in the
battle. The ship drifted into the asteroid belt.
- This doesn't clearly explain the 4 dead Vargr's found on the
Luuru and the lack of crew bodies but Kile and Jak have drawn some
- Anna gives Kile the access codes to her Warbot security
team. Jak sets them up on the perimeter of the landing bay.
- Jak continues searching for the materials on the Luuru. He's
collected up all of the loose valuable items he can find.
- Anna feels well enough to help Kile work on the Luuru and FC's
computer system, including the execution of a special project.
- The engineering team says that the exterior repairs on the
Luuru would go better if they had additional Grav Plates to repair
those that are not operational. Jak takes the marines, two Grav/
Vehicles and starts out searching the starport and Navy base for the
plates. They find less than a dozen useable plates on one of the burned
- Alfonso leads Urla and a marine on a search of the local
They find a pile of rubble and start digging finding a loader and a
number of parts. On the missions they come across 2meter high
volcano like hills. These little volcanoes appear to eject primordial
- Alfonso spends the evening repairing the loader. Everyone makes
an effort to get some rest while a couple people, sensors, and robots
stay duty. Doc suggests that the ooze varies based on organic purpose.
- In looking for the cache, it is determined that they should
examine the ancients site off the coast. They take the raptor
lander and head for the site.
- The Alpha Ancient's Site shimmers on the skyline.
Rectangular outlines and a force shield appear to cover the top of the
structure. The island appear perfect maintained and the multi-story
temple could be decades old instead of thousands of years.
- A review of the site finds an obelisk in the center. Its
purpose is unknown.
- Several power boats with soldiers come blazing across to the
Alpha. Kile goes to meet them alone. Having everyone else in defensive
positions.. The gray haired, lead soldier introduces himself as General
Crane of Copola island, once capital of Strand. Kile mentions the
and offers the contents to Crane if they can have the grav plates it
supposedly constrains. He invites the characters back to the
island city for further discussions..
- At Copola they meet a member of the local senate, and see the
TL9 infrastructure and tools that have kept Copola a human
community. Crane says that he is able to act as the leader of the
military and would willing support the players initiative. He sends two
wet navy cutters to control the starport shoreline. He also provides a
squad of troops and engineers to assist the players.
- 1pm back at base its decided the players must begin searching the
starcity for the cache.
- The two air/raft, gcarrier head off to the Starcity where they
find the battles and neglect have taken their toll on the city. It
appears deserted but while investigating the postal center, looking for
signs of the cache, they hear shots in the distance. Kile does
not want the team involved in local skirmishes but as they move north
to a General Products building its soon obvious the battle is moving in
- Alfonso and Anna move to the roof top to observe the moving
skirmish. It appears to be on guy against 10 assailants. The hunted man
quickly cuts down
two but is running out of options.
- The team include the General and a few troops work to cache the
human runner from the hunters. Alfonso spies robotics attachments
on these troops and suggests they might be virus. Alfonso begins
sniping targets. Jak takes the GCarrier, Col Rivera and Urla and
swings around behind the hunted mans building. As Kile, Crane and their
force is about to instigate a cross fire, Alfonso spots additional
forces of 10 strong moving against Kile and Crane. Col. Rivera
opens fire on the sneak attack with their GCarrier mounted fusion
- The cross fire leaves one of the generals forces dead and the
General injured. All 20 Virus troops are killed and John
Harbor, a fellow Commonwealth citizen, is saved. They mention the cache
to Harbor, an Ashima great hunter, and he offers them the grav plates
he has and access to his area maps.
- General Crane is rushed back to the ship for medical attention
and should make a quick recovery.
- They go back to John's 200t Animal class hunting vessel. It
crash landed on a mountain side 10 years ago and will never fly again.
He lets them bring up techs to begin removing grav plates from the ship.
- Anna goes through the formal ritual of placing a flag in the
soil and claiming the planet for the Commonwealth.
- The maps show the probable location of the Regency cache. The
players stay overnight and head to the cache in the morning.
- The builders left trace radiation and radiation signs on the
exterior of the building. The players blast their way into the building
through a tower door. It is Star Lite
Construction. Examining the facility shows a 200 person bunker, stores,
powerstation, manufacturing plant, arm for a 100troop army, and 2
400dt System Defense Boats.
- Ransom and the crew realize that the Strand humans are not ready
for some of the equipment they've found. Alfonso went to the
computer systems to review the capabilities of the construction
facility. And to get it started on the construction of training
equipment is paramount.
- Ransom and Jak head to finish reviewing the materials and to get
their grav plates.
- In the storage facility, they accidentally activate an LSP PR317
Warbot that was left to protect the facility. The Warbot is in
obvious disrepair but manages to shoot Jak. Both Jak and Ransom do
severe damage to the Warbot, requiring to switch from its built-in
Laser Rifle to a built-in Body Pistol. Ian rushes into the room and
deflects a shot with a plasma sword and dismantles the Warbot within a
- Alfonso, Ransom and Jak work to prep the manufacturing facility
- General Crane is back on his feet the next day and announced that
the Representative of Copola request Anna, Ransom, and Alfonso's
presence in a discussion about the manufacturing complex. Ransom takes one of the air/rafts and the team to the
government center on the Copola island city.
- Jak stays behind to review ship construction capabilities of the
manufacturing facility. Ian starts working with the Copolans to
develop their understanding of the systems they've obtained.
- Magistrate Gogran and many representatives are introduced to the
Commonwealth mercenaries and Anna. A rough conversation quickly
develops between Anna and Gogran. He quickly agrees to her terms. And
suggests to Random and the others that it would be appropriate if they
headed the first olive branch effort to establish peace between Copola
and the Vargr city of Vizarkoaa. Alfonso meets the representative
that negotiates most of the Vargr deals, Representative
Lesra. Who also owns one of the talest complexes, the Tower of Lesra.
- The Magistrate announces the plan to the Representatives and
turns the floor over to Anna, introducing her as the the Duchess Anna Vakora-Kaasu.
All are humbled in her presence.
- The team takes Lesra and Crane back to the starport. Crane stays
to take over defenses while Lesra will continue onto Vizarkoaa with the
negotiations team and Ugla. Ransom switches vehicles, using the Combat
Lander to transport the team to the Vargr city star/airport.
- At Vizarkoaa starport, the combat lander ends up close to a
negotiations oriented, open-air structure. The Vargr leader, Vsifsff discusses
peace with the humans but is completely opposed to nuking the
neighboring Virus city. Anna quickly assumes control of the
conversation, in classic Vargr and explains acceptable terms of the
peace. The humans and Vargr will equally share in the success of
re-populating the starport. The starport ownership and planet will
remain in her keep and request membership in the Commonwealth.
Several Vargr and human leaders will be knighted as leaders of the
reconstruction. The Vargr agree completely.
- The team returns to the starport with the intent of blasting off.
The Luruu and Fortune's Child are ready 12 hours in advance of the
planned timeframe. Human soldiers are flowing into the
starport preparing to hold it. John Harbor decides he'd like to return to
Enders. The humans have asked to takeover his wrecked ship as a
- Fortune's Child, Luruu and Ian's scoutship, Loraine blast off for
orbit but not all is well. In orbit they scan the remains of a battle
150,000km distant. A Regency vs Corsair battle has gone badly for
the Regency. Their 600dt troop carrier has been destroyed and the
2000dt Stephon cruiser dissabled and ablaze. Two remaining 400dt Vargr
are reduced to one fully and one partially operation corsair. The
two corsairs breakoff their efforts against the detached cruiser and
make way for the Commonwealth squadron. Ransom launches fighters once
Vargr missiles are in flight.
- A running battle with the Vargr continues resulting in the loss
of Beth's fighter but she ejects in time to later be picked up by Jak.
A lucky bridge hit dissables the weaker corsair and Luruu's automated
weapons tear it apart.
- The remaining Corsair closes on the mated FC and Luruu blasting
them with missiles. The blackglobe fends off the worst of the
blast. Missiles and fire from the squadron obliterate the
- The severely damaged Regency Stephon cruiser moves away at 2G.
The Luruu and FC have been moving in a different direction and will not
be able to intercept her.
- Ransom decides to jump home while the scoutship Loraine (and Ian)
to Strand's starport to keep a watchful eye.
- They stop twice under the additional strain of carrying the Luruu
for 1 month to return to Enders.
- Jak works on gunnery skill while in Jump space and Alfonso
continues his combat training. He also adds some armor training to his
- When they reach Vigh the usual precautions are taken to review
the FC-Luruu and crew for Virus infection.
- The FC-Luruu makes it to Enders where the Commonwealth uses a
Lifter to bring them planetside, to the Depot.
- First Citizen meets the vessel as it lands, takes the positronic
cargo and meets Anna. Later, in the day, she announces that the
Ransom and Alfonso (those of adequate status) are invited to a party in
Anna's honor at the royal
- The players and crew spend the rest of the day discussing details
of Fortune Child's annual maintenance with Navy personnel. Per the
agreement the refit is part of their payment for services on this
- A naval lieutenant informs Kile that they reviewed the status of
the Luruu overnight, since it was sitting on their naval base. The
black globe is in bad shape and has a 40% chance of implosion in it's
present condition. The are moving the crew to base housing, per
First Citizen and putting the FC in a repair facility for its annual
maintenance/refit. It will be in maintenance about 1 month due to
- The MercGuild sends Simon (a liason and butler) to assist Kile in
preparing for the evenings party.
- Simon sets Kile up with a Lady of the Court. Essentially, she's
an unlanded noble acting as a guest escort. And prepares his cloths for
the evenings events.
- Simon also arranges to move the Luruu to an empty pad in the
- Alfonso contacts a relative, Vini McGee, to get assistance in
moving the materials they've discovered. He quickly finds out that he's
in demand after the announcement that he's an official merchant of the
Duchy of Strand. With hundreds of messages piling up, only
4 are oriented to the sale of Luruu. By the end of the day,
Alfonso will know more about the offers.
Alfonso requires a new suit for the Royal Ball. A local
tailor gets to work and Alfonso ends with a 25,000cr suit.
- Navy Offer - 50MCr for Luruu with Black Globe
- Stanley - His benefactors will repair the Luruu and give
partial ownership (royalties) to the FC owners.
- Unknown Inquiry
- Duchy of Strand - 25MCr for the Luruu and a negotiated amount
for the Globe.
- Vini arranges a business manager for Afonso, Lou. Lou prepares a
corporation for Alfonso named Almac, per Alfonso's request. He also
sorts through the endless offers and begins the negotiations process.
Lou receives 1000 cr/mo plus commission (2% if below 1 MCr, .5%
over 1 MCr)
- Jak mentions his gift from the Duchess, TAS Royalties for Strand,
Bob at TAS. Bob attempts to give Jak some insight into TAS and
to setup to offers from a few appropriate buyers.
- Kile reviews the captured cargo and determines what he'd like to
keep. Eventually, he hires a professional dance company to help
him survive the event.
- Alfonso asks Amy Darts to the Royal Ball, she's excited and runs
out to purchase a dress.
- Alfonso forms Almac corporation to control his operations. Lou
will operate it for him.
- Simon guides Alfonso, Kile and Amy to pick up Kile's date, Lady
Jey Renald in an Air-Raft Limo and then their offf to the noble
function. Once there Kile, Jey, Alfonso and Amy enter the royal
- Jak, Beth and the rest of the crew head for the MercGuild's Grand
Hall for their "crew party". They King offers his appreciation to the
crew for a job well done. Jak tries to keep Ursa out of harm's
way at the event. Both her and Jak drink far too much in the
- At the Ball, Alfonso meets stuttering Stanley who offered one of
the sales of the Luruu. Amy spends most of the event dumbstruck by the
- Duchess Anna sees Kile and insists on a dance that ends with an
introduction to the Warrior King. His Majesty is interested in
financing another project. The scenario would be checking out the
remainder of Strand system, Lysio and Antiquity with his new Cameleon
II class Commerce Raider. His majesty also shows interest in the
capture of a new Darrian designed 500dt Regency Patrol Cruiser by his
new privateers. In
the process he introduces Kile to Lady Arabella von Ericsson. Ericson
is also Admiral of the Azanti High Lightning capital ship that will
lead the military force at Strand.
- Jey identifies several nobles and members of the royal family to
Kile. Including a possible Duchess rival, Baroness Trollesk of
Nubotech. Nubotech is known for the production of vacc suit's and
battledress. Trollesk squeezes Kile for information on Strand, the
Duchess and the King's new ship. Kile informs her that the new
ships is heavily gunned.
- Alfonso, Amy, Kile, and Jey head for the "crew
party". Beth and Jak get involved in a card game which Beth
- Kile discusses the mission with Fleet Admiral Ericsson of the
Azhanti Rain, AHL class refit. She is in the process of building
the squadron and expects to leave in 2 days.
- Alfonso's is buried in his merchant convoy and it is growing
exponentially. It now numbers in the 40s.
- Kile reviews the Chameleons statistics in a morning tour.
At this point John Harbor asks him for a job. This surprises Kile but
John is ready to leave Enders, even after 10 years out of the
- Alfonso's trade vessels are up to 93. Alfonso does
take time to order a nice, tailored vacc suit "(15KCr). Alfonso
time to provide some direction for Lou and the company while he's away.
Ericcson starts pressuring limitations to the quickly growing
unregulated, merchant fleet.
- Voron (Vince), a decorated navy Vargr, is invited to the offices
of Admiral Savage.
He is offered a position assisting Kile's crew in finding solutions to
some of the mysteries they are coming across. While meeting Savage he
sees the massive quantity of 4 battlestars being build for the
- Professor Alfred Melks, the modern father of gravitics,
requested that (Jesse), a bright computer scientist, accompany him to
the skyscraper offices of Duchess Anna. There she requested
there participation in the exploration of Strand and efforts to expand
- 1AM Ericsson sneaks the fleet towards the jumpgate. She is joined
by a Fleet Escort and later a tanker. Kile finds 4
freighters capable of light fighting and assigns them hazardous
locations bounding the fleet. Three ships of the merchant convoy
did not make the cut.
- The fleet enters the jump gate in groups towards their J2
destination world. The next 7 days are spent training and studying for
most crew members.
- The fleet successfully ends up in an empty parsec 2J from
Enders. The needy merchants begin refueling the
- Chameleon finds the Early Warning Satellite in this parsec is
gone. It's standard passive monitoring and jumpable
communications satellite provide the Commonwealth with important intel
on invading Virus vessels. Reviewing the area discovers that it
was destroyed by a Virus asteroid satellite sent on a hunt and kill
mission. They destroy the satellite but there are no incidents before
the next jump.
- One vessel, a firefly, fails to properly jump, delaying their
jump by several hours. The Chameleon helps repairs
- 7 days later in the Vigh system a normal refueling
and security check is routine. The fuel tender stays while another is
- Alfonso fails his "hand to hand" combat test after a
couple months of work. He will have
to retest after more practice.
- Sgt. Piper puts Olive as his opponent he hesitated "what
you want me to hit a girl?" Knowing a great opportunity she laid him out flat.
- An uneventful jump places the fleet J2 from Strand 7 days later.
- 7 days later the convoy fleet appears in Strand
- Ian contacts the ship asking that they come at once.
Ericsson request docking with the both the waiting scout vessel and the
Chameleon. Ian explains that they did nuke the Virus city of Vla
only after a few ships crash landed in that city with additional Virus
"robot" crews. These crews seem much more effective than the cyborgs of
- Voron begins researching the ancient technology in the Copla
museum with the help of (Jesse) and Strand researchers.
- Kile lands the Chameleon off the coast of Copla and brings it
into the harbor. He turns on the Chameleon systems in order to cloak
the ship and impress the natives. He then participates in the Strand
Council meetings calming the locals with
discussion of future options versus the Virus City.
- Alfonso holds "meet and greet" marketing meetings with hundreds
of Strand citizens in at Starport.
- Hires a planetside assistant Alfred (an acquaintance of Lesra) as
a VP for Almac Strand. Sends message back to Enders with next
mail ship (promotes his cousin Lou to VP and establishes a board of
- Alfred is tasked with finding an appropriate facility within
the starport for the Fortune's Child crew and work on the sales of
imported materials from Enders.
- (Jesse) starts supporting Voron's needs by moving historical data
sources to Commonwealth databases and systems.
- Kile and Jacob take a kill a Virus botweiller for
- Kile, Alfonso and Jacob go on a 5-day, brief, analysis of the
Strand system. Alfonso does most of the charting. Several
Imperium era communities are seen but no sign of the 2,000dt Regency
detached cruiser or any sign of life.
- (Jesse)'s analysis of the Virus Botweiller discovers a black
nanotech probes under the armor that can be distributed airborne. It
to "puff" and be blown from the damaged warbot dog.
- Voron visits the Ancient site and does an in-depth analysis of
physical structure. The concrete is perfect, trees don't appear
to age and self-repair quickly. Shimmering squares are seen in
the background. An energy shield appears to surround the main building.
internal pedestal has a flat surface with an imprint of 3 thick lines
and a semi-sphere ball.
- Voron's research indicates that a similar object was transported
to the Foundation of Antiquity during the later years of the Imperium.
Known as the "world of city ruins", Antiquity, was the site the
Imperium choose to establish one of the 4 sites for its
Foundation of Knowledge.
- CCS Chameleon comes across a debris field of 75dt in the Strand
system. Its assumed to be from the Regency detached cruiser.
- Kile reviews their goals while back on Strand. It seems to
be agreed that Antiquity is the next logical location.
- reestablish contact with the council while supporting the
- do a brief analysis of the Strand system, identifying concerns
- review and establish contact with the Lysio and Antiquity
- eliminate and or quantify Regency, Corsair, and Virus threats
throughout the star group
- capture a cutting edge Regency ship if possible.
- After returning to Strand. Alfonso heads for a meeting with
Alfred regarding the corporation. Beth and Elisa do do air
support for ground troops versus Virus Robot armies. Only to have Elisa
get shot out of the air. Alfonso and Jane rescue her and wisk her
off to the medical frigate, where her life is luckily saved. The
destroyed fighter sinks to the bottom of the ocean.
- Alfonso continues to his meeting with Alfred. Alfred has utilized
monies from the merc duties to hire and look for a new site for the
headquarters, also an island retreat. He's found a larger
ship facility with a ship still in it.
- Kile leads the merry crew on an attempt to circumvent boobytraps
within the facility. Two of the traps go off but no one is
killed. Melks brings the facilities fusion plant to
20%. Dr. Vonon enters the Quasar class scout courier and
explores the ship for possible traps. Jacob searches for virus
infections in the facility and plant. Finding none he hardens the
computers for possible future intrusion in their facility. Kile
supervises bringing things
under control by using the combat lander's powerplant to open one
of the large overhead roof doors.
- CCS Chameleon lands in the facility dome. Minutes after the plant
power goes to 20% the scout cruiser receives basic power from the
- The crew of the Chameleon sets out for Antiquity. Alfred
starts on the facility restoration and scout cruiser restoration.
- Jumping to the Antiquity system the crew works on their various
projects. Alfonso succeeds at basic hand-to-hand training, Vonon
studies the Ancients/Antiquity knowledge he has obtained and
realizes that the scout cruiser was also exploring the Ancients 94 yrs
earlier, Jacob hardens the combat robots vs Virus incursion and Kile
preps the ship with drills for combat. Ian follows in his
scout ship...catching up on that sleep.
- The scout cruiser realized that Strand system was assembled by
- Do these systems have a common cause?
- Jumping into the Antiquity system the ship passive sensors detect
a capital ship and space station in orbit of the main world.
Later they detect that no energy readings are coming from the capital
ship and that there is a ship's boat mining the asteroid belt.
They contact and meet the miner Swann and discuss the situation on
Antiquity. He beats them at poker receiving some free repairs for his
- Contacting the space station and meeting the scientists that
inhabit it and telling their tale once they convince everyone they're not
from the greedy Regency or violent Corsairs...
- The Virus capital ship was a Kokkirak that fired and sank the
starport damaging the Grand Foundation of the Imperium. A collection of
information and historical treasures unlike anything in history.
A column in the Ancients City came to life and destroyed all life and
electrical equipment on the Kokkirak class in one shot. It
appears to be maintaining orbit with occasional corrections from the
- The scientists had moved what they could of the collections in
the Foundation into the Ancients City and out of the sinking starport
- Looking from the space station's telescopes, the crew, realizes
that the planet Antiquity is covered in ruins from many eras.
- The scientists mention that Lysio also has a Ancients
town. But nothing exists between these systems.
- The scientists state "shame Strand won't be around long enough
for us to figure this out". The crew is shocked. It seems that the
scientists deep space telemetry has spotted an asteroid 3 yrs out from
Strand moving just below the speed of light.
- Speculation on the future of Strand and the inbound asteroid fill
the base and ship's spare time. Dr K discusses another abnormal
event, the Kokkirak appear to have power hits to sensors infrequently.
The source appears to be a cargo bay near engineering...while studying
the energy reading another entry reading is noted on orbiting a gas
giant in the outer system.
- John Harbor has gone planetside and sees a beautiful ancient city
that seems indifferent to its human residents....Kile calls him back to
the ship for a trip to the gas giant. Kile sends Ian and his
scout out out past the gas giant to take scans. Ian calls back warning there are 3
readings one 2kt cruiser, and 2 500t vessels. The 2kt
cruiser appears to have power problems. Kile wonders if its the
one he saw damaged at Strand . But that vessel didn't have jump
capability. Did the other vessels rescue it?
- Kile commanding the kings' ship, Chameleon commerce raider, aims
for the gas giant and comes in on the side opposite the vessels through
the upper atmosphere, but is working to stay unobserved.
- Coming up under the group within short range, one 500t ship has
left the area while the other vessels are but not completely
caught off guard.
- The Chameleon gets lucky with fusion gun and missile shots
damaging the Stephon class cruiser flybridge and engineering
compartments. This vessel is the same one at Strand...it was
severely injured prior to this battle. The 500t ship is a Darrian
built Baredolkin class patrol cruiser, turns to meet the threat,
closing for a nuclear kill. Beth is prepared to provide point
defense in her fighter. At close range, Alphono fires the fusion
battery allowing the Chameleon to vaporizes the Regency's Darrian built
pride. Soon the Stephron class Regency cruiser explodes as fire
reaches the missile stores.
- The Third Baredolkin is 25 minutes away will she turn and run or
- The third Baredolkin dives for the gas giant, careful maneuvers and
patience give the day to Chameleon.
- While the crew returns to the spacestation for needed repairs and to begin
research, Ian has made it to Strand to request assistance for Antiquity.
- Arabella, with the Duchess' agreement, dispatches security forces to