Eagle Transport Interplanetary
The Eagle has an enormous web following that includes schematics,
drawings, and discussions. This makes it a perfect early space
technology to implement in Traveller. NASA engineers had several
good things to say about the Eagles in the
1970s. The only item they suggested changing was the thrusters which
are too large considering the vehicle and fuel size.
Medical Eagle above a Moonbase Alpha pad.
An Eagle fleet on the move. Eagle transports can be
converted to other versions by changing or modifying the modules.
Classic Traveller High Guard Design:
Ship: Transporter S1999
Architect: Admiral Savage
Tech Level: 9
SC-1402611-400000-00000-0 MCr 113.296 138 Tons
Cargo: 43.380 Fuel: 8.280 EP: 8.280 Agility: 2
Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops
Backups: 1 x Model/1fib Computer
Architects Fee: MCr 1.133 Cost in Quantity: MCr 90.637
(High Guard Design)
138.000 tons standard, 1,932.000 cubic meters, Close Structure
Jump-0, 2G Manuever, Power plant-6, 8.280 EP, Agility 2
Bridge, Model/1 Computer
1 Model/1fib Backup Computer
Armoured Hull (Factor-4)
8.280 Tons Fuel (0 parsecs jump and 28 days endurance)
On Board Fuel Scoops, No Fuel Purification Plant, 8.280 ton drop tanks
1 Stateroom, 43.380 Tons Cargo
USER DEFINED COMPONENTS
MCr 114.429 Singly (incl. Architects fees of MCr 1.133), MCr 90.637 in
Quantity (Hardpoints and Turrets charged)
46 Weeks Singly, 37 Weeks in Quantity
The Eagle class shuttle has 1 stateroom broken into a single
facility consisting of fresher, food preparation, and 2 couches.
Variations use a
similar method of providing more life support. There are 4
essential version of
the Eagle class shuttle. It generally takes 1/2 hour to switch between
Cargo (49t capacity) - Four cargo pod variations can be used with the
- a cargo pod contains a platformed winch (4t, 45t
- a cargo pallet (2t, 47t capacity),
- a fuel tank pod (looks like a transport eagle but the
module contains a fuel
tank), (10t, 39t capacity).
- or the vertical grab arm (see below) ,
Sickbay module - adds 1 medic, room for 4 patients/passengers (4
staterooms). (16t, 10Mcr)
Lab Facility module - adds 15t research facility and 7 passenger
staterooms). (8t, 5Mcr)
Transport module - adds 7 passenger capacity (5 staterooms)
1. Quad Vertical lift Boosters - Can also be fitted with the vertical
- 4 provide 4G additional lift force for 1 takeoff or
- Lifting heavier objects for 60min.
(1t ea., .125Mcr)
2. Eagle Booster Pod - Any Eagle can be fitted with a Top booster
an additional 2G performance for 4 hours.
(15ton mass, 10Mcr)
3. Grab Arm and Gripper - Can be mounted on any eagle and will hold
138 tons steady along side the eagle. Reentry cannot be attempted
state to a 1G world.
4. Vertical Hoist Arm - 3 pronged heavy lifting tool.
5. Side Arm - Extension arm for grabbing things objects along side the
Eagle. Can be used for refueling Eagles.
4. Docking Tube - Vehicle docking tube. Cannot support abnormal
5. Re-entry Glider hooks - will hold a 20ton vessel above the frame.
6. Harness - will lower 300lbs (a person) or object 10,000 feet.
(.5 tons, 30min fullextension, .1Mcr)
- chemical rockets
Space 1999 is
property and trademark of ITC - Incorporated Television Company Ltd.