Fuel Consumption and Jump Gates
- At TL16, reactors provide a significant improvement in fuel
usage. This allows using the 50% jump fuel rule.
- TL 15+ fuel refineries: Starports provide Superfuel (Double
efficiency fuel) in very limited quantities for military purposes, when
the refinery is designed to provide it. This fuel doubles the
jump and operations capability of the ship.
- The cost of the Purification system is doubled.
- The time to purify fuel is doubled.
- Purification System
Maintenance is doubled.
- Crew required to operate and maitain the system is doubled.
- Pre-ancient civilization created Jump Gates to improve
traffic flow and ship jump capabiliities.
- Jump Gates are highly prized and it is considered very bad
bavior to attempt to destroy them.
- Ancient and Pre-ancient Jump Gates (TL17+) are very difficult to
destroy. They appear to use shields (globes?) to route non-jump
energies (weapons fire) into jump space. A ship entering
Jump Space while the gate is fired on will take 100% of the weapons
fire damage in Jump Space.
- If users are TL15 or below. 90% chance during installation, that
the best performance the gate will provide is 50% jump fuel
usage. It is generally believed that the Gate is not being
- Virus and Jump Gates;
- There are no know infections of TL20+ jump gates by
Virus. Further the system attempting such a feat will recieve
10d6 dice of physical damage.
- Virus vessels appear unable or unwilling to use jump gates.
- A Virus infected Jump Gate, TL16 or below, will tend towards an
insane Mother strain.