Multi-Spinal Mount Home Rules
Canon only mentions the use of forward, aft spinal mounts in starships
and bases. This is an effort to expand beyond those basics.
An Integrated Dual Spinal Mount
Weapons Carriage (Parallel mounts, etc)
- For ships above 100,000dt
- The carriage is twice the size of a spinal mount but requires
the appropriate amount of hardpoints (aka structural supports)
- It is connected to the ship hull and the weapons.
- Only 1 spinal mount can be fired in a turn but they can alternate.
- Each spinal mount has a seperate crew.
- Must use the same model spinal mount for both weapons.
- The carriage cost is equivalent to 1/2 of an enclosed spinal
- SM Carriage Targeting Software module is available
- Costs 1/2 of Targeting software price and doubles space of
- It provides a +2 to DC tolls avoiding damage to the SMs due to
- Energy Points are generally only provided to fire 1 SM at a time.
- Firing both simultaneously: (where there is a will, there is a
energy be diverted to fire both, a roll must be made on the internal
ship damage table.
- Damage is a result of the structural damage to the
ship from not firing simultaneously.
- Damage against the spinal mounts should be randomly rolled
carriage, weapon 1 and weapon 2 (1d6).
- 110% crew is recommended.
Spiral Carriage Spinal Mounts
- For Colossus ships and stations greater than 1,000,000dt.
- For use on sphere and flattened sphere vessels or stations.
- The mass of the vessel begins to cancel out the effect of firing
the main weapon.
- 1 spinal mount weapon per 500,000t of ship/ station.
- The spiral mount carriage must be centered on the ships/stations
center X-Y axis.
- manuever drive force may be centered along any of the 3 axis.
- Only the same model, size and type of spinal mount can be
implemented in 1 ships/station.
- Carriage Cost (Mcr) = "1/2 of an enclosed weapon cost"
the number of weapons"
- Carriage Size (tons) = "spinal mount size" x "number of spinal
- Ships/stations may not use while operating in an atmosphere.
- A ship/base can spin on its axis with computer and manuever
software bringing each weapon to bear on the target in 1 20 minute
- Spin Targeting Software Module (1/2 the cost of the targeting,
and manuever software installed)
- Doubles space required by Targeting Software
- 110% crew is recommended.
Colossus Spinal Mounts
Never implemented for mass production and operations in the Imperium,
larger weapon systems
are feasible. The Imperium relied on its standard suite of weapons to
control maintenance costs and crew training. Consistency was more
important than raw firepower.
- Size Required= standard weapn statistics (dt, Mcr, EP, and crew)
x 1.5 x multiplier
- Multiplier is the amount of size change requested
Additional Weapons Design Rules
- Hardpoints - Two varieties of hardpoints exist Standard and
Light. Standard hardpoint are those carrying ship based weapons.
Light Hardpoints can can be substituted 10 for each primary hardpoint
(10 per 100dt). The Light Hardpoints are for 50cal. or less light
- Additional hardpoints can be added to the vessel. As many weapons
as the power station will allow. BUT the increase in power conduits and
magazines will increase the opportunity for catastrophic failure during
a battle by an equal proportion. One standard harpoint per100dt
of starship and a 50dt bay per 500dt of starship is the standard. (or
fraction 10dt bay for 100dt of ship).