Admiral John C. Savage
Mission Statement: "to develop midshipmen morally, mentally and physically and to imbue them with the highest ideals of duty, honor and loyalty in order to provide officers who are dedicated to a career of naval service and have potential for future development in mind and character to assume the highest responsibilities of command, and citizenship.”
The RNA is broken into several physical locations, colleges, designed to deliver elements of the academic experience to varying graduates.
RNC is a new entry training establishment for all ratings joining the Imperial Navy. Candidates spend 2 year involved in the basics training and the establishment of initial skillsets. RNC is capable of supporting all naval force training. RNC provides basic training (8 weeks) for all non-reserves recruits.
RMC is a new entry training establishment for all ratings joining the Imperial Navy. Candidates spend 4 year involved in the basics training and the establishment of development skillsets. Graduating with a second lieutenant rank.
Royal Naval Orbital College (HMS Plato class)
Midshipmen continue their academic experience on the in the 1 million ton orbital facility. Idealistically the midshipmen would spend 2 years learning advanced skills. The orbital facility houses offensive and defensive systems, two 1G-movement drives, 4 power plants and a significant representation of an education arm. It provides midshipmen with their first view of life opportunity for space.
The HMS Plato bases the Royal Naval Academy Squadron and its support functions.
· RNOC functionality can be replicated on the RNC campus.
· RNOC has a spinal mounted meson gun in the offensive arsenal.
· Classes include spinal mount weaponry, planetary assaults and defense, and other hands-on courses.
· HMS Plato is located near the sector capital’s primary gas giant.
· Basic HMS Plato specs;
· 2 Jump, 1G thrust w/ 6-60,000 ton ship bays
Promotion to the command rank of Commander is followed by 4 weeks in the RCOC to be accomplished within the year following promotion. RCOC defines and established the requirement of a successful command officer in the Royal Navy. It establishes the strongest ethics, professionalism and re-enforces the ability to succeed and provides additional courses in strategy and tactics.
· RCOC training includes additional training on strategy and tactics,
· RCOC includes presentations by members of the Admiralty, senators and government leaders.
Naval Reserves Officers College (distributed throughout the Imperium at accredited universities)
Qualified Universities and Colleges throughout the Imperium are provided with the NROC to deliver naval officer training in addition to the standard curriculum. Graduates achieve naval reserve second lieutenant rank. NROC schools are located on each of the TL10+ primary worlds near a naval facility. Each school also provides training for system defense forces. 4 Primary NROC sites will have additional training facilities to support regional needs, system defense education, and navy reserves requirements.
Merchant Marine College (distributed throughout the Imperium)
Development of 1 Merchant Marine College per subsector to establish better shipping standards, a stronger defense supply force and improved merchant morale, mind, character, and loyalty.
II. Royal Naval Academy Schools, Divisions & Departments
The backbone of education logistics is divided into schools, divisions and departments. These organizations are divided across the physical college facilities. A school is wholly based at one location. Divisions are comprised of several interactive Departments. Departments are educational units that can be distributed across several colleges).
“ Coordinates the activities of RNA to reach for the organization mission statement.”
· Superintendent Office (Admiral of the Royal Naval Academy)
· Acts as Chairperson of the Board of Trustees and Administrative Board
· Commandant of Midshipmen (Dean of students oversees military training and personnel)
· Academic Dean’s Office (Civilian oversees academic programs and civilian faculty)
· General Administration Department
· Public Relations Department
“Communicating with the Public and raising the level of awareness”
· Financial and Human Resources Department
· Facilities Maintenance Department
· Center for Learning, Development, and Graduate Studies CLDGS)
“Improving the development of midshipmen, naval personnel, and to coordinate Graduate Study activities”
· Faculty Development Center (FDC)
“Providing an environment for Faculty publishing, research and growth”
· Recruitment Department
“Finding the best, brightest candidates for the Royal Navy”
· Imperium War Museum, Library Foundation and History Center
“Documenting the history, collecting artifacts, establishing RNA Libraries throughout the Academy”
· Center for Royal Navy Academy Research
“Managing RNA labs, finding and managing research funds in cooperation with FDC, CLDGS, the Royal Navy Research Division and external organizations.”
· Professional Military Ethics and Law Office
"To promote and enhance the ethical development of current and future military leaders through education, research, and reflection”
· Electrical Engineering Department
· Mechanical Engineering Department
· Planetary Engineering Department ( for all environments Ocean, Desert, Air, Swamp and others)
· Astronautics Department
· Aerospace Engineering Department
· Nanoengineering Department
· Naval Architecture Department
· Weapons and Systems Engineering Department
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
· Economics Departments
· Imperial History Department
· Language and Cultural Studies Department
· Political Science Department
· Athletics Department
· Art and Music Department
Division of Mathematics and Science
· Chemistry Department
· Physics and Astrophysics Department
· Planetary Science Department
· Medical Sciences Department
· Archeology and Anthropology Department
· Squadron Maintenance Depot (located at the HMS Plato class training centers)
· First Royal War Academy Fleet
“Domination through Superior Knowledge”
50,000 ton warship (1)
1,250t Colonial Cruiser (2)
300t close escorts (3)
· Fast Pursuit Training Fighter Wing (2x 12)
· Royal Academy Marine Corps.
· The RAMC will require various military vehicles for training tools.
Each of the RNOC facilities maintains a System Defense Boat for training purposes.
Each of the 4 primary RNOC sites also maintains a close escort for training purposes.
IV. Example Training Course:
Strategy and Tactics Course provides instruction on the basic elements of strategic thought in military operations to include works by Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Jomini, Mahan, Corbett, Mitchell, Boyd, Decker, Gleed, Miller, Zeus, Savage and others.
Case studies are examined as well as current Imperium interests, strategy/ doctrine, and their applications. Instruction includes multi-ship operations, basic warfare tactics and naval force tactical planning. The application of basic warfare tactics is accomplished via use of Space Fleet Command, a tactical simulation gaming program.
1. Boot Camp at RNC or through 4 NROC’s (8 weeks)
2. Freshman coursework (10 months) at RNC or a NROC
]3. ]Sophomore coursework (1 year) at RNC or a NROC
4. Junior coursework (1 year) at RNOC
5. Senior coursework (1 year) at RNOC
Marine Officer and Enlisted Curriculum
1. Boot Camp at RMC or through 4 NROC’s (8 weeks)
2. Freshman coursework (10 months) at RMC or a NROC
3. Sophomore coursework (1 year) at RMC or a NROC
4. Junior coursework (1 year) at RMOC
5. Senior coursework (1 year) at RMOC
1. Boot Camp at RNC or through 4 subsector NROC’s (8 weeks)
2. Basic Enlisted coursework (4 months) at RNC or a NROC
3. Advanced Enlisted coursework (6 months)
The Royal Naval Academy will provide educational communications support for planetary defenses in the effort of providing several team-oriented defense functions.
· Coordinating annual war games for each TL9+ world that requests defense support from the Admiralty.
· Local war colleges must meet defined criteria
· Support of the local system governments that will determine the scale of the colleges
· Army War Colleges will be located on a loyal TL9+ worlds with a population greater than 10 million,
· Wet Navy War Colleges will be located on TL9+ worlds with 50% or more liquid surface and a population above 10 million,
· System/ Air Defenses forces may work closely with the Naval Reserves Officers Colleges.