|Designed by: Admiral Savage (based on CT: supp8 Traders and Gunboats - Tender)|
|1,000-ton Hull (Cylinder) -
AC: 11 (10 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 1 (TL-14) SI: 250 Initiative: 1
Starship Size: Large Cost: 551.925 MCr (689.907 MCr without discount)
Model/9 Fib (PP: 65/14) Computer Avionics: Less than 4,000-ton Sensors: 2 Parsecs (passive survey) Communications: System Wide (Maser)
Cargo: 37.445-tons Extra Ship's Stores: 50 person/weeks of Luxury Stores, 500 person/weeks of Standard Stores, 1,000 person/weeks of Low Stores
Annual Maintenance = 55.193 KCr (27.596 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 13.798 KCr/Month (137.981 KCr per year)
|Jump-1 (enough fuel for 1x
Acceleration: 1-G Agility: 1
Power Plant: TL-15 Fusion (60 EP output, enough fuel for 4 weeks)
Fuel Scoops, Fuel Purification Plant (TL-14, 6hrs per 800 tons of fuel)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 875kph Cruising = 2,625kph Maximum = 3,500kph
2x Triple Pulse Laser Turret TL-7, +3 To Hit, 3d10 (19/x2), Range: 45,000km
1x Double Popup Fusion Gun Turret TL-12, +4 To Hit, 4d20 (16/x5), Range: 4,500km
Single Mixed Turret:
Beam Laser TL-7, +1 To Hit, 1d8 (20/x1), Range: 30,000km
|3x 20-ton small craft (External
Dock - Streamlined)
Launch facilities for 1 Craft per turn
|Accomodations & Fittings:|
|67x Double Occupancy Stateroom
10x Single Occupancy Small Cabin (10 People)
500x Low Berth (500 People)
3x Emergency Low Berth (12 People)
20x Standalone Fresher
2x Sickbay (4 Patients)
|The Savior class liner is a 1kt
tender modification based on a middle, low transport business model. It has 7crew cabins (captain has his own
stateroom), 10 small single occupancy cabins (10 passengers at high
passage rates), 60 middle passage double occupancy staterooms (140
passengers), and 500 low berths. The
Savior class was originally produced by a Terran company on the
Australian continent. It was very
successful in moving larger quantities of customers from one location
to another without frills. Several
variations have occured; all high passage, all middle and all low are
the common. Some have also developed themes for entertainment during
travel. An Entertainment section (20t,
3Mcr) is common on most vessels.
Purcell's have flexible,
ribbed lower bay doors for enclosure of varying volumes. Without
bay doors the Tender will only support 4 Xboats or 2 Scouts. No additional cost for flexible doors.
The Purcell's had many common alternate configurations;
1) Tender for 100t vessels - 4 Xboats/Scouts or 5 Xboat/Scouts,
2) System Defense Ship, Corsair or Carrier,
3) Bulk Cargo/Ore Transport between planets or neighboring stars,
4) Refueling vessel with more than 600t of additional fuel,
5) Mass Transit Liner, 6) mobile base, or 7) Belter Refinery ship.
If one can consider a possibility for the 1kt Tender, somone has already tried it.
Options or Extras:
1. Corsair: 400t Ship Streamlined, Grapple and Dock (120t, .48Mcr)
2. Corsair: Telescoping, Unstreamlined Multi-Fighter Dock (31.5t, .126Mcr) - 7 x15t fighters.
The fighters can simultaneously detach using standard gravitics not to collide. One ship round for pilots to
leave Corsair, board fighters, and detach. This is very unstreamlined when extended, fighters cannot fire.
3. Gutting the Jump drive and converting to a boat makes 20t available. The new jump drive is valued at
80Mcr. Fuel is integral to the vessel and would require a major modification to remove or convert to cargo.
4. Liner: Entertainment Module, contains all a variety distractions including games, bar, stage, and buffet.
5. Transport Tender: an External, Unstreamlined Grapple and Jump Net (300t, 1.5Mcr) used to pull as much
as 1,000t of cargo-ore outside of the hold.
6. Belter Refinery Ship: Ore-Mineral Refinery 100t, 25Mcr
7. IMTU, a Tender produced in the Commonwealth or Regency might have a TL16 power plant doubling
jump fuel capacity.