|Designed by: Admiral Savage (based on CT: supp8 Traders and Gunboats)|
|1,000-ton Hull (Cylinder) -
AC: 10 (9 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 1 (TL-14) SI: 250 Initiative: 0
Starship Size: Large Cost: 506.771 MCr (633.464 MCr without discount)
Model/9 Fib (PP: 65/14) Computer Avionics: Less than 10,000-ton Sensors: 2 Parsecs (passive survey) Communications: System Wide (Maser)
Cargo: 62.825-tons Extra Ship's Stores: 50 person/weeks of Luxury Stores, 100 person/weeks of Standard Stores,
Annual Maintenance = 50.677 KCr (25.339 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 12.669 KCr/Month (126.693 KCr per year)
|Jump-1 (enough fuel for 1x Jump-1)
Acceleration: 1-G Agility: 0
Power Plant: TL-15 Fusion (60 EP output, enough fuel for 4 weeks)
Fuel Scoops, Fuel Purification Plant (TL-14, 6hrs per 800 tons of fuel)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 875kph Cruising = 2,625kph Maximum = 3,500kph
|Nuclear Dampers USP:2
2x Triple Pulse Laser Turret TL-15, +4 To Hit, 4d10 (19/x2), Range: 45,000km
1x Double Popup Fusion Gun Turret TL-15, +5 To Hit, 5d20 (16/x5), Range: 4,500km
|4x 100-ton large craft
Launch facilities for 1 Craft per turn
|Accomodations & Fittings:|
|10x Double Occupancy Stateroom
3x Emergency Low Berth (12 People)
2x Standalone Fresher
1x Engineering Shop (20 Engineers)
1x Sickbay (2 Patients)
Purcell Xboat Tender is a common sight in the Imperium.
A transfer point for information and Xboat maintenance.
The standard configuration had a roughly 550t main cargo bay. The bay
would usually be configured with room for 4 Xboats/ Scouts, 140t of
additional fuel in 10t fuel bladders. When
needed it could support 4 Xboats or Scout class streamlined vessels, 1
external 100t dock, and 90t of fuel. Weapons
always consisted of 2 tracked laser turrets for full bearing ability
and 1 popup fusion turret.
|All Purcell's have flexible,
ribbed lower bay doors for enclosure of varying volumes. Without
bay doors the Tender will only support 4 Xboats or 2 Scouts. No additional cost for flexible doors.
The Purcell's had many common alternate configurations;
1) Tender for 100t vessels - 4 Xboats/Scouts or 5 Xboat/Scouts,
2) System Defense Ship, Corsair or Carrier,
3) Bulk Cargo/Ore Transport between planets or neighboring stars,
4) Refueling vessel with more than 600t of additional fuel,
5) Mass Transit Liner, 6) mobile base, or 7) Belter Refinery ship.
If one can consider a possibility for the 1kt Tender, somone has already tried it.
Options or Extras:
1. Corsair: 400t Ship Streamlined, Grapple and Dock (120t, .48Mcr)
2. Corsair: Telescoping, Unstreamlined Multi-Fighter Dock (31.5t, .126Mcr) - 7 x15t fighters.
The fighters can simultaneously detach using standard gravitics not to collide. One ship round for pilots to
leave Corsair, board fighters, and detach. This is very unstreamlined when extended, fighters cannot fire.
3. Gutting the Jump drive and converting to a boat makes 20t available. The new jump drive is valued at
80Mcr. Fuel is integral to the vessel and would require a major modification to remove or convert to cargo.
4. Liner: Entertainment Module, contains all a variety distractions including games, bar, stage, and buffet.
5. Transport Tender: an External, Unstreamlined Grapple and Jump Net (300t, 1.5Mcr) used to pull as much
as 1,000t of cargo-ore outside of the hold.
6. Belter Refinery Ship: Ore-Mineral Refinery 100t, 25Mcr
7. IMTU, a Tender produced in the Commonwealth or Regency might have a TL16 power plant doubling
jump fuel capacity.