|Purcell - Purcell v2 Class Tender||Designed by: Admiral Savage (based on CT: supp8 Traders and Gunboats)|
|1,000-ton Hull (Cylinder) -
AC: 11 (10 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 1 (TL-14) SI: 250 Initiative: 1
Starship Size: Large Cost: 555.827 MCr (694.784 MCr without discount)
Model/9 Fib (PP: 65/14) Computer Avionics: Less than 4,000-ton Sensors: 2 Parsecs (passive survey) Communications: System Wide (Maser)
Cargo: 45.025-tons Extra Ship's Stores: 50 person/weeks of Luxury Stores, 100 person/weeks of Standard Stores,
Annual Maintenance = 55.583 KCr (27.791 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 13.896 KCr/Month (138.957 KCr per year)
|Jump-1 (enough fuel for 1x Jump-1)
Acceleration: 1-G Agility: 1
Power Plant: TL-15 Fusion (60 EP output, enough fuel for 4 weeks)
Fuel Scoops, Fuel Purification Plant (TL-14, 6hrs per 800 tons of fuel)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 875kph Cruising = 2,625kph Maximum = 3,500kph
|Nuclear Dampers USP:2
Meson Screens USP:2
2x Triple Pulse Laser Turret TL-15, +4 To Hit, 4d10 (19/x2), Range: 45,000km
1x Double Popup Fusion Gun Turret TL-15, +5 To Hit, 5d20 (16/x5), Range: 4,500km
|4x 100-ton large craft
1x 100-ton large craft (External Dock - Unstreamlined)
Launch facilities for 1 Craft per turn
|Accomodations & Fittings:|
|7x Double Occupancy Stateroom
3x Emergency Low Berth (12 People)
2x Standalone Fresher
1x Engineering Shop (20 Engineers)
1x Sickbay (2 Patients)
4x extra crew or passengers
Purcell v2 Tender is a common transfer point for information and Xboat
maintenance. The standard configuration had a roughly 600t main cargo
bay. The bay would usually be configured with room for 4 Xboats/Scouts,
1 external Xboat/Scout, and 100t of additional fuel. It was not unusual
for Tenders to switch between Purcell v1 and v2 depending on the
mission. The modifications could take
place within 48hrs.
|All Purcell's have flexible,
ribbed lower bay doors for enclosure of varying volumes. Without
bay doors the Tender will only support 4 Xboats or 2 Scouts. No additional cost for flexible doors.
The Purcell's had many common alternate configurations;
1) Tender for 100t vessels - 4 Xboats/Scouts or 5 Xboat/Scouts,
2) System Defense Ship, Corsair or Carrier,
3) Bulk Cargo/Ore Transport between planets or neighboring stars,
4) Refueling vessel with more than 600t of additional fuel,
5) Mass Transit Liner, 6) mobile base, or 7) Belter Refinery ship.
If one can consider a possibility for the 1kt Tender, somone has already tried it.
Options or Extras:
1. Corsair: 400t Ship Streamlined, Grapple and Dock (120t, .48Mcr)
2. Corsair: Telescoping, Unstreamlined Multi-Fighter Dock (31.5t, .126Mcr) - 7 x15t fighters.
The fighters can simultaneously detach using standard gravitics not to collide. One ship round for pilots to
leave Corsair, board fighters, and detach. This is very unstreamlined when extended, fighters cannot fire.
3. Gutting the Jump drive and converting to a boat makes 20t available. The new jump drive is valued at
80Mcr. Fuel is integral to the vessel and would require a major modification to remove or convert to cargo.
4. Liner: Entertainment Module, contains all a variety distractions including games, bar, stage, and buffet.
5. Transport Tender: an External, Unstreamlined Grapple and Jump Net (300t, 1.5Mcr) used to pull as much
as 1,000t of cargo-ore outside of the hold.
6. Belter Refinery Ship: Ore-Mineral Refinery 100t, 25Mcr
7. IMTU, a Tender produced in the Commonwealth or Regency might have a TL16 power plant doubling
jump fuel capacity.