|Designed by: Admiral Savage (based on CT: supp8 Traders and Gunboats - Tender)|
|1,000-ton Hull (Cylinder) -
AC: 11 (10 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 1 (TL-14) SI: 250 Initiative: 1
Starship Size: Large Cost: 563.072 MCr (703.84 MCr without discount)
Model/9 Fib (PP: 65/14) Computer Avionics: Less than 4,000-ton
Sensors: Extreme Range-M6 Communications: System Wide (Maser)-M9
Extra Ship's Stores: 50 person/weeks of Luxury Stores, 100 person/weeks of Standard Stores,
Annual Maintenance = 56.307 KCr (28.154 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 14.077 KCr/Month (140.768 KCr per year)
|Jump-2 (enough fuel for 1x Jump-2)
Acceleration: 1-G Agility: 1
Power Plant: TL-15 Fusion (60 EP output, enough fuel for 4 weeks) -- 4wks=30t
Fuel Scoops, Fuel Purification Plant (TL-14, 6hrs per 200 tons of fuel)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 875kph Cruising = 2,625kph Maximum = 3,500kph
1x Double Popup Fusion Gun Turret TL-12, +4 To Hit, 4d20 (16/x5), Range: 4,500km
Single Mixed Turret:
Beam Laser TL-7, +1 To Hit, 1d8 (20/x1), Range: 30,000km
|1x 20-ton small craft (Internal
1x 1000-ton large craft (External Dock - Unstreamlined)
Launch facilities for 1 Craft per turn
|Accomodations & Fittings:|
|5x Double Occupancy Stateroom (10
3x Emergency Low Berth (12 People)
2x Standalone Fresher
1x Sickbay (2 Patients)
|The Paul Bunyon class Bulk
Transport is a common cheap carrier to operate. Commonly
transporting ore or cargo. There are two subconfigurations to the transport. 1) Astandard powerplant
and upgraded jump drive, 95.625t cargo-ore bay is available and an external, unstreamlined dock
(300t, 1.2Mcr) is used to pull up to 1,000t of cargo outside of the hold. The Jump drive is upgraded
and the dock is mounted in the aft section of the tender cargo bay. A full load results in ship performance
of 0 agility and .5G acceleration. The ship's upgraded J2 drive can accomplish a J1. 2) a normal tender
with internal cargo-ore bay.
Purcell's have flexible,
ribbed lower bay doors for enclosure of varying volumes. Without
bay doors the Tender will only support 4 Xboats or 2 Scouts. No additional cost for flexible doors.
The Purcell's had many common alternate configurations;
1) Tender for 100t vessels - 4 Xboats/Scouts or 5 Xboat/Scouts,
2) System Defense Ship, Corsair or Carrier,
3) Bulk Cargo/Ore Transport between planets or neighboring stars,
4) Refueling vessel with more than 600t of additional fuel,
5) Mass Transit Liner, 6) mobile base, or 7) Belter Refinery ship.
If one can consider a possibility for the 1kt Tender, somone has already tried it.
Options or Extras:
1. Corsair: 400t Ship Streamlined, Grapple and Dock (120t, .48Mcr)
2. Corsair: Telescoping, Unstreamlined Multi-Fighter Dock (31.5t, .126Mcr) - 7 x15t fighters.
The fighters can simultaneously detach using standard gravitics not to collide. One ship round for pilots to
leave Corsair, board fighters, and detach. This is very unstreamlined when extended, fighters cannot fire.
3. Gutting the Jump drive and converting to a boat makes 20t available. The new jump drive is valued at
80Mcr. Fuel is integral to the vessel and would require a major modification to remove or convert to cargo.
4. Liner: Entertainment Module, contains all a variety distractions including games, bar, stage, and buffet.
5. Transport Tender: an External, Unstreamlined Grapple and Jump Net (300t, 1.5Mcr) used to pull as much
as 1,000t of cargo-ore outside of the hold.
6. Belter Refinery Ship: Ore-Mineral Refinery 100t, 25Mcr
7. IMTU, a Tender produced in the Commonwealth or Regency might have a TL16 power plant doubling
jump fuel capacity.