|Designed by: Admiral Savage (based on CT: supp8 Traders and Gunboats)|
|1,000-ton Hull (Cylinder) -
AC: 10 (9 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 1 (TL-14) SI: 250 Initiative: 0
Starship Size: Large Cost: 616.745 MCr (770.931 MCr without discount)
Model/9 Fib (PP: 65/14) Computer Avionics: Less than 4,000-ton Sensors: 1 Parsec (passive survey) Communications: System Wide (Maser)
Cargo: 120.375-tons Extra Ship's Stores: 50 person/weeks of Luxury Stores, 200 person/weeks of Standard Stores,
Annual Maintenance = 61.675 KCr (30.837 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 15.419 KCr/Month (154.186 KCr per year)
|Jump-1 (enough fuel for 1x Jump-1)
Acceleration: 4-G Agility: 0
Power Plant: TL-15 Fusion (110 EP output, enough fuel for 4 weeks)
Fuel Scoops, Fuel Purification Plant (TL-14, 6hrs per 800 tons of fuel)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 1,175kph Cruising = 3,525kph Maximum = 4,700kph
|Nuclear Dampers USP:4
Meson Screens USP:4
2x Triple Pulse Laser Turret TL-15, +4 To Hit, 4d10 (19/x2), Range: 45,000km
1x Double Popup Fusion Gun Turret TL-15, +5 To Hit, 5d20 (16/x5), Range: 4,500km
1x 50-ton Missile Bay TL-15, +9 To Hit, 9d6 (18/x1), Range: 90,000km
Single Mixed Turret:
Beam Laser TL-7, +1 To Hit, 1d8 (20/x1), Range: 30,000km
|1x 30-ton small craft (Internal
14x 15-ton small craft (Internal Hangar)
Launch facilities for 1 Craft per turn
|Accomodations & Fittings:|
|19x Double Occupancy Stateroom
4x Low Berth (4 People)
2x Standalone Fresher
1x Engineering Shop (20 Engineers)
1x Sickbay (2 Patients)
14x Fighter Pilots
13x Ship's Troops
|The Long Arm class Fast,
Carrier Corsair are purely a modified Purcell Tender. This is an
unpleasant sight in
the Imperium for most Traders. Weapons consisted of 2 tracked laser turrets for full bearing ability, 1 popup
fusion turret, and a 50t missile bay. Each Blood class Corsair generally differs due to their after market
background. General Products did produce the Corsair variations as a System Defense Ship. It is not
uncommon to see Corsairs reduce their imense ships docking bay in favor of an M4 drive and/ or add a
small wing of fighters to slow the faster targets or hold off patrol ships.
The Carrier version holds 2 squadrons of 7 15t-fighters. And can still dedicate 120t to a scout class vessel
internally or use it for cargo. The fighters can be attacked to external moorings for unstreamlined
activities. In this situation, the moorings are attached to hardpoints and extend from the vessel. Each can
hold 7 fighters and allow quick deployment of all Corsairs. The Corsairs can also mount an external,
unstreamlined ship grabble dock for docking with its prey or other Corsairs. Although, other Corsairs
swallow their smaller prey, the carrier has the option of docking with and taking the larger vessel.
If it is not using its energy weapons the Carrier Corsair can achieve agility 1.
|All Purcell's have flexible,
ribbed lower bay doors for enclosure of varying volumes. Without
bay doors the Tender will only support 4 Xboats or 2 Scouts. No additional cost for flexible doors.
The Purcell's had many common alternate configurations;
1) Tender for 100t vessels - 4 Xboats/Scouts or 5 Xboat/Scouts,
2) System Defense Ship, Corsair or Carrier,
3) Bulk Cargo/Ore Transport between planets or neighboring stars,
4) Refueling vessel with more than 600t of additional fuel,
5) Mass Transit Liner, 6) mobile base, or 7) Belter Refinery ship.
If one can consider a possibility for the 1kt Tender, somone has already tried it.
Options or Extras:
1. Corsair: 400t Ship Streamlined, Grapple and Dock (120t, .48Mcr)
2. Corsair: Telescoping, Unstreamlined Multi-Fighter Dock (31.5t, .126Mcr) - 7 x15t fighters.
The fighters can simultaneously detach using standard gravitics not to collide. One ship round for pilots to
leave Corsair, board fighters, and detach. This is very unstreamlined when extended, fighters cannot fire.
3. Gutting the Jump drive and converting to a boat makes 20t available. The new jump drive is valued at
80Mcr. Fuel is integral to the vessel and would require a major modification to remove or convert to cargo.
4. Liner: Entertainment Module, contains all a variety distractions including games, bar, stage, and buffet.
5. Transport Tender: an External, Unstreamlined Grapple and Jump Net (300t, 1.5Mcr) used to pull as much
as 1,000t of cargo-ore outside of the hold.
6. Belter Refinery Ship: Ore-Mineral Refinery 100t, 25Mcr
7. IMTU, a Tender produced in the Commonwealth or Regency might have a TL16 power plant doubling
jump fuel capacity.