|Designed by: Admiral Savage (based on CT: supp8 Traders and Gunboats - Tender)|
|1,000-ton Hull (Cylinder) -
AC: 10 (9 vs. Meson Guns) AR: 1 (TL-14) SI: 250 Initiative: 0
Starship Size: Large Cost: 652.418 MCr (815.523 MCr without discount)
Model/9 Fib (PP: 65/14) Computer Avionics: Less than 4,000-ton Sensors: 2 Parsecs (passive survey) Communications: System Wide (Maser)
Cargo: 232.125-tons Extra Ship's Stores: 50 person/weeks of Luxury Stores, 300 person/weeks of Standard Stores,
Annual Maintenance = 65.242 KCr (32.621 KCr if routinely maintained)
Routine Maintenance = 16.31 KCr/Month (163.105 KCr per year)
|Jump-3 (enough fuel for
0.333333333333333x Jump-3), J1=100t
Acceleration: 1-G Agility: 0
Power Plant: TL-15 Fusion (60 EP output, enough fuel for 4 weeks), 4wks=30t
Fuel Scoops, Fuel Purification Plant (TL-14, 6hrs per 800 tons of fuel)
Atmospheric Speeds: NOE = 875kph Cruising = 2,625kph Maximum = 3,500kph
2x Triple Pulse Laser Turret TL-15, +4 To Hit, 4d10 (19/x2), Range: 45,000km
1x Double Popup Fusion Gun Turret TL-15, +5 To Hit, 5d20 (16/x5), Range: 4,500km
|2x 50-ton small craft (Internal
Launch facilities for 1 Craft per turn
|Accomodations & Fittings:|
|35x Double Occupancy Stateroom
4x Emergency Low Berth (16 People)
4x Standalone Fresher
1x Engineering Shop (20 Engineers)
25x Laboratory (50 Scientists)
1x Sickbay (2 Patients)
58x Scientists, Engineers, Professionals, Construction Workers...
Cardinal class base ship is based on the standard 1kt tender. As an
alternate to a liner or survey vessel, the base ship provides housing
and facilities to 50 scientist and 20 engineers or construction workers
and business staff. Portable base ships are used to support everything
from mobile businesses (the Grand Deneb Circus), remote construction
projects or business ventures, to temporary housing.
In certain cases, it is preferred by scientists when the
size of a lab ship is inadequate. The
baseship has J3 capability with Jump Tanks. The engineering shop is
capable of manufacturing tanks amongst other things. It carries
4t of subcraft fuel.
|All Purcell's have flexible,
ribbed lower bay doors for enclosure of varying volumes. Without
bay doors the Tender will only support 4 Xboats or 2 Scouts. No additional cost for flexible doors.
The Purcell's had many common alternate configurations;
1) Tender for 100t vessels - 4 Xboats/Scouts or 5 Xboat/Scouts,
2) System Defense Ship, Corsair or Carrier,
3) Bulk Cargo/Ore Transport between planets or neighboring stars,
4) Refueling vessel with more than 600t of additional fuel,
5) Mass Transit Liner, 6) mobile base, or 7) Belter Refinery ship.
If one can consider a possibility for the 1kt Tender, somone has already tried it.
Options or Extras:
1. Corsair: 400t Ship Streamlined, Grapple and Dock (120t, .48Mcr)
2. Corsair: Telescoping, Unstreamlined Multi-Fighter Dock (31.5t, .126Mcr) - 7 x15t fighters.
The fighters can simultaneously detach using standard gravitics not to collide. One ship round for pilots to
leave Corsair, board fighters, and detach. This is very unstreamlined when extended, fighters cannot fire.
3. Gutting the Jump drive and converting to a boat makes 20t available. The new jump drive is valued at
80Mcr. Fuel is integral to the vessel and would require a major modification to remove or convert to cargo.
4. Liner: Entertainment Module, contains all a variety distractions including games, bar, stage, and buffet.
5. Transport Tender: an External, Unstreamlined Grapple and Jump Net (300t, 1.5Mcr) used to pull as much
as 1,000t of cargo-ore outside of the hold.
6. Belter Refinery Ship: Ore-Mineral Refinery 100t, 25Mcr
7. IMTU, a Tender produced in the Commonwealth or Regency might have a TL16 power plant doubling
jump fuel capacity.