The Official List of Sins (New Testament)
Here, as laid out by the Sin book, are the 124 sins listed in the new testament (in alphabetical order). Definitions will accompany those that are not self-evident. Though I may edit it somewhat, all definitions are taken straight from the pamphlet. For those who are interested in context, the pamphlet lists the source of each. I will not list them here, but if you want to know email me. I'll let you know whatever information you need to look it up.
Anyway, get out paper and a pencil and see how you measure up!
1. Abusers of Self: Self polluters, having unnatural lusts
2. Adultery (Note: Only for those who have been married)
4. Backbiters: Those whospeak evil of those who are absent
5. Banqueting: A drinking party
6. Becoming a Stumbling Block to a Weak Brother Through Our Liberty: Taking liberty to do things without thinking of the effect on a weaker brother's conscience.
7. Being Angry With One's Brother: Expressing unkind thought or action toward others
12. Brother Going to Law Against Brother: No definition given, so I'll wing it. Bringing legal action against another. If someone has a better definition, please let me know.
13. Burying our Talents: Not making wise use of what God gave us
14. Calling One's Brother A Fool: Ridiculing another
15. Chambering: Unmarried people living and sleeping together
16. Clamor: Loud, continued noises
19. Corrupt Communications:Unprofitable or impure language
20. Covenant Breakers: Lightly breaking a solemn or legal pact.
22. Craftiness: Cunningness
25. Defiling the Body
27. Denying Christ
28. Desiring the Praise of Men: Doing things to gain praise.
31. Disobedience to Parents
32. Divisions: Forming splits or schisms in groups
34. Double Tongued: Making insincere statements
36. Eating the Bread, or Drinking The Lord's Cup Unworthily: Taking communion while living in sin
37. Effeminate: Unmanly or womanish man.
38. Emulations: Ambition to excel
40. Evil Concupiscence: Longing or desire for forbidden things.
41. Evil Eye: Having selfish motives
42. Evil Thoughts: Worthless, injurious, or depraved thoughts
44. Fathers Provoking Children to Wrath: Frustrating children through harsh treatment and/or failure to communicate.
45. Fearful: Discouraged, anxious, faithless
47. Filthy Lucre: Recieving personal gain through unrighteousness.
48. Finding Faults With Others While Having a Greater Fault Ourself
50. Foolish talking : Silliness.
51. Giving False Witness
53. Giving Offense: Causing another to fall spiritually by our example.
55. Guile: Deceit
56. Haters of God
58. Having Evil Treasures in the Heart: (The definition doesn't make any more sense).
59. Having Pleasure in Them That Do Things Worthy of Death: Enjoying the company of sinners.
60. Hearing the Sayings of Christ, but Not Following Them
61. Heresies: Religious opinion different from established Scripture.
62. Highmindedness: Arrogant
64. Idle Words: Words of no value.
65. Idolatry: Loving someone or something more than God.
66. Implacable: Refusing to be appeased
67. Inordinate Affection: Passion, lust.
68. Inventors of Evil Things: Those who contrive evil ways to satisfy their carnal lusts.
69. Jesting: Talking to make others laugh.
71. Knowing to Do Good, but Doing it Not
72. Lasciviousness: Lustful, wanton, exciting lust.
73. Laying Up Treasures on Earth: Pursuing material success at the expense of spiritual things.
74. Living in Pleasure: Fond of luxury and sensual pleasure/gratification.
75. Lovers of Self
76. Loving Another Person More Than Jesus
77. Lusting After a Woman
80. Malignity: Being harmful or dangerous, bad character.
81. A Man Prophesying or Praying With His Head Covered.
84. Murmering: Grumbling, secretly complaining
86. Pride: Self esteem.
87. Puffed Up: Overestimating of one's ability or knowledge.
89. Railing: Slander
90. Revellings: Overindulgence at feasts, merrymaking.
92. Seditions: Stirring up opposition against authority.
93. Self Will: Arrogant
94. Speaking Against the Holy Ghost
95. Sorcery: Practicing magic with aid from evil spirits.
96. Speaking Evil of Dignities: Speaking ill of those to be honored.
98. Stiff-Necked and Uncircumcised in Hearts and Ears: Obstinate
99. Strife: Quarreling, seeking superiority
100. Striker: Ready to Fight
101. Swearing: To take oath (as in court).
102. Teaching for Doctrine the Commandments of Men: Neglecting God's commandments by manmade interpretation or commandments.
104. Trusting in Riches
105. Not Entering by the Door Into the Sheepfold: Seeking salvation through means other than the blood of Christ.
106. Unbelief: Lack of faith.
108. Unforgiving Heart
110. Unrighteousness: Moral wrongfulness.
112. Vain Jangling: Babbling.
113. Variance: Strife
114. Voluntary Humility: False humilty.
115. Wantonness: Lustful, morally unrestrained.
116. Whisperers: Secretly spreading false or slanderous information.
117. Whoremongers:One who associates with whores, a male prostitute.
119. Wickedness: Evil practices, crime.
120. Without Normal Affection: Hardhearted.
121. Without Understanding: Unwise
123. Woman Cutting Her Hair
124. Woman Prophesying or Praying With Her Head Uncovered