Old Friends, Part 8: Otherwise Engaged

Dylan was showing Mark the command deck when Tyr walked in, "And do you show the bridge of your ship to anyone with an old High Guard uniform?" Dylan laughed, "Well Tyr, if you had managed to remain conscious, you would have learned that our guests are Mark and Mary McCoy, Captain and chief engineer of the Shoulder of Orion. I believe you met the ship's Avatar back on the drift." Tyr blinked, inserting this new information into his mind, "You let that maniac who attacked me onboard?"

Mark took a step back, "If our being here courses any trouble, we will gladly leave." Dylan shook his head, "It's no trouble: Tyr is just upset that he had his head handed to him in a bar-fight." Tyr grunted, "Where is the woman anyway?" Mark shrugged, "If by `the woman' you mean my sister, I believe she is helping your chief engineer repair the Andromeda." Tyr rolled his eyes, and then looked at Dylan, "Have you learned nothing these last few months?" he turned to the main view screen, "Ship, where is that weasel of a engineer and the woman who attacked me?"

Andromeda holographic form appeared before him, "They are in service conduit J7. They have engaged privacy mode." Mark groaned, "Not this again!" Dylan was perplexed, "What do you mean?" Mark rubbed his forehead, "Captain Hunt, I wish to apologies in advance for my sisters actions, and any damage or disruption she courses while on your ship." Dylan turned round, "Andromeda, privacy mode overridden, my authority. Find out what is going on, now!" Andromeda nodded, and the hologram blinked out.

Only a few seconded passed before it returned, blushing profusely, "They're, err, otherwise engaged."

TBC

Next

Chapter Index