Old Friends, Part 5: Mary and Mark

Rommie, Orion and Dylan followed Trance through the drift till they reached a Bar. From the sounds coming from the center of the room, it was safe to say a fight was going on. Rommie, Orion and Dylan forced their way across the room while Trance held back at the fringe.  

When they reached the center of the bar, Rommie and Dylan where shocked by what they saw: Tyr was being pummeled by a young woman half his size. She looked Nietzschean, except that her wrist-bones where less-pronounce. She delivered a devastating roundhouse kick that sent Tyr backwards into the cheering crowed. He stood shakily on his feet, and tried to counter-attack.

The young woman was faster, and ducked below his attack, and delivered a series of rabbit punches to his kidneys. The big Nietzschean fell to the ground. His opponent was about to deliver a killer blow, when Orion grabbed her hand, and said in a stern voice, "That's enough Mary!" The young woman looked at him with murder in his eyes, but relaxed, "Ok."

Orion pulled Mary before a startled Rommie and Dylan, "Captain Hunt, Andromeda, this is my chief engineer, Mary McCoy. Mary, this is my old friend, the Andromeda Ascendant, and her Captain, Dylan Hunt. The man you where just about to kill was Tyr Anasazi, their Tactical officer." Mary came to what could be called attention, but only if you stretched the word to braking point, "Captain, Andromeda. You may need a new Tactical officer: your currant one is not that good in a fight."

Trance stepped forwards, "Hi, I'm Trance, Trance Gemini." Mary gave Trance a look over, "You're also purple." Orion clipped her round the back of the head, "I apologies Miss Gemini: my goddaughter has a lot to learn about manners." Trance smiled, "It's ok. It's kind of hard to miss, the tail and all."

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into this time?" called a voice from the doorway. Orion smiled, "And may I also introduce my godson and captain, Mark McCoy. Mark, this is my old friend, the Andromeda Ascendant, and her Captain, Dylan Hunt, Miss Trance Gemini, and the Nietzschean on the floor over there is Tyr Anasazi, Andromeda's Tactical officer." A tall, blond haired man of Dylan's age came sharply to attention, "Sir!" Dylan looked Mark over: he wore a High Guard Commanders uniform that looked almost new, a forcelance hung from his belt. His eyes where fixed firmly on Mary, "I hope sister has not caused to much trouble: she has a tendency to get banned from Drift's."

TBC

Next

Chapter Index