Old Friends, Part 14: A desperate plan

Rommie was still sitting on the deck of the Shoulder of Orion's bridge when she suddenly stood up, "Dylan, I'm receiving a transmission from Harper!" The others looked at her, shocked. Beka found her voice first, "How?" Rommie blinked, "I don't quite know. Hold on a second." She walked over to one of Orion's control panels and activated her VR-link.

She found herself in Orion's mind: His holographic Avatar appeared before her, "Patch through the transmission, and I'll put it up on the main viewer." Rommie nodded, and held out her hand to Orion. The moment he took her hand, there was a flash of light.


Back in command, Harper face suddenly appeared on the main screen, "Dylan! Thank god it worked! Look, I don't know how long we can mask this transmission, so don't say anything till I'm done: Drago-Kazov pride has taken over the ship. They've knocked Tyr out, but Andromeda was able to warn Rev Bem before they shut her down. It's just him, Mary and me at the moment. We think there might be a way to rescue Tyr, but it depends where they are keeping him." Dylan nodded, "Understood. Is the slipstream back on line yet?" Harper shook his head, "No, I'm still calibrating it. They shouldn't be able to get it online for at least a day."

Dylan nodded, "I understand: we're in a sensor blind spot behind you. Is there anyway we can help?" Harper looked worried, "There is a way, but your not going to like it." Dylan nodded, "I understand. What is it?" Harper sighed, "The point defense lasers are still of-line: if you fire at Andromeda, you should be able to disable her sub-light drive." Trance was shocked, "Isn't that a bit extreme?" Dylan shock his head, "It may be the only way."

Rommie's holographic image appeared on the bridge, "I hope you don't mind, but this is the only way I can join this conversation. Harper, the Shoulder of Orion only has two ELS missile tubes. Will they be enough?" Harper nodded, "They should be: with the damage you took from the Balance of Judgment, they should take out be able to knock the flow-regulators off-line.

Dylan drummed his finger on the control panel, "Ok, we'll do it. But first, rescue Tyr: your need his help to keep the Drago's busy while we board. Contact us again when he's with you. Good luck." Harper laughed, "No problem." He cut the transmission.


Back on Andromeda, Harper climbed from the Slipfighter, "Ok, we have to rescue Tyr. Once we've done that, the Shoulder of Orion is going to fire a missile barrage to disable the Andromeda's sub-light drive, then launch a boarding action." Mary pulled out her forcelance and extended it, "Sweet. Let's go kick some Drago-Kazov butt!"

TBC.

Next

Chapter Index